Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

The Bardís Tale IV: Barrows Deep Wishlist Initiative

inXile Entertainment announces The Bardís Tale IV: Barrows Deep Wishlist Initiative, a marketing scheme they call "an evolution in the relationship between an indie developer and its fanbase." They encourage everyone to wishlist the upcoming RPG sequel on GOG.com or Steam, offering various tiers of incentive to inspire participation:

inXile Entertainment, the studio led by Interplay founder and industry icon Brian Fargo, is proud to announce The Bardís Tale IV: Barrows Deep Wishlist Initiative, an evolution in the relationship between an indie developer and its fanbase. In a project that is the first of its kind, gamers who wishlist The Bardís Tale IV: Barrows Deep on either the gameís Steam or GOG.com pages add to an overall counter that unlocks bonuses which reward all purchasers of the game now and in the future.

At 100k wishlisters, inXile will partner with Red Hook Studios to provide an in-game version of the iconic torch from Darkest Dungeon. According to Red Hook Studios Co-founder Tyler Sigman, ďDarkest Dungeon has its roots in classics like The Bardís Tale, so to be a small part of helping to bring the series back is a real treat for us as fellow game devs and especially as fans.Ē

At 300k wishlisters, the retail price will drop from $39.95/£29.99 to $34.95/£27.99.

At 500k wishlisters, two amazing tiers will unlock: first, the retail price will drop to $29.95/£24.99, knocking a full $10 off the original price. Secondly, a free DLC will be created and released for all game owners called ďThe Haernhold,Ē which finds characters adventuring in the dwarven realm of Kinestria.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: The Bardís Tale IV: Barrows Deep Wishlist Initiative Aug 17, 2018, 13:20 Orogogus

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 17, 2018, 13:17:
Can I offer a suggestion why that isn't strange?

Now the first thing I'm going to mention people will feel is strange.

I have 800 games in my Wishlist, Horrorscope, NO!!! WHY?

I will put a game on my Wishlist that has any resemblance on something I could like, I'm pretty liberal/rounded here as you see.

But what makes it nice is each weekend, start of the week or special sale. I can go to my Wishlist and with their newer filtering system. I can say "List all games 50% off" or "75% off" or some other type of filter. Now I see just those and it is ranked by User Review Score. It also remembers, so it is typically set at 75%, so my Wishlist automatically just shows those by default.

Now I'm just looking at games I'm semi-interested in that are on a fair sale. Takes no time to go through that list, sometimes it 5-10, others maybe 25.

So every couple times a week, I'll go through the "What's new" or see something here at Blue's new to Steam. If interested I'll put it on my Wishlist, so it's a pretty streamlined process.

When it's on sale at the right prices, even if I don't know a lot about it, that is the time I'll do some digging.

There is a point if a game is 75% off or more and I consistently still do not buy, I'll remove it.

Even without filters or 800 games on your wishlist, Valve sends an email telling you when items on your wishlist go on sale. So that's handy if you don't buy it as soon as it releases.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: The Bardís Tale IV: Barrows Deep Wishlist Initiative Aug 17, 2018, 13:17 HorrorScope

WaltC wrote on Aug 17, 2018, 08:52:
Seems like a novel way to promote the game...;) Not a bad idea, and I'm in, too, although it is a bit strange for people to wishlist a game they already know for certain is coming...!

Can I offer a suggestion why that isn't strange?

Now the first thing I'm going to mention people will feel is strange.

I have 800 games in my Wishlist, Horrorscope, NO!!! WHY?

I will put a game on my Wishlist that has any resemblance on something I could like, I'm pretty liberal/rounded here as you see.

But what makes it nice is each weekend, start of the week or special sale. I can go to my Wishlist and with their newer filtering system. I can say "List all games 50% off or more" or "75% off or more" or some other type of filter. Now I see just those and it is ranked by User Review Score. It also remembers, so it is typically set at 75%, so my Wishlist automatically just shows those by default.

Now I'm just looking at games I'm semi-interested in that are on a fair sale. Takes no time to go through that list, sometimes it 5-10, others maybe 25.

So every couple times a week, I'll go through the "What's new" or see something here at Blue's new to Steam. If interested I'll put it on my Wishlist, so it's a pretty streamlined process.

When it's on sale at the right prices, even if I don't know a lot about it, that is the time I'll do some digging.

There is a point if a game is 75% off or more and I consistently still do not buy, I'll remove it.

6. Re: The Bardís Tale IV: Barrows Deep Wishlist Initiative Aug 17, 2018, 12:22 Slashman

I'm not surprised at this. Especially following Wasteland..  

5. Re: The Bardís Tale IV: Barrows Deep Wishlist Initiative Aug 17, 2018, 09:31 Xirgu

hmm.. people in the official forums at inxile dont seem too happy with release state of the game, might be worth waiting a few weeks for bugfixes etc.  

4. Re: The Bardís Tale IV: Barrows Deep Wishlist Initiative Aug 17, 2018, 08:52 WaltC

Seems like a novel way to promote the game...;) Not a bad idea, and I'm in, too, although it is a bit strange for people to wishlist a game they already know for certain is coming...!  

It is well known that I do not make mistakes--so if you should happen across a mistake in anything I have written, be assured that I did not write it!

3. Re: The Bardís Tale IV: Barrows Deep Wishlist Initiative Aug 16, 2018, 23:22 Slashman

Creston wrote on Aug 16, 2018, 22:47:
Eh, fuck it, why not. I'm in.

You know what I said the same. Nothing to lose so...

2. Re: The Bardís Tale IV: Barrows Deep Wishlist Initiative Aug 16, 2018, 22:47 Creston

Eh, fuck it, why not. I'm in.

1. Re: The Bardís Tale IV: Barrows Deep Wishlist Initiative Aug 16, 2018, 19:51 Caladell

Weird, but interesting idea.  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo