Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Battlefield 5 Trailer Shows Battle Royale

The Official Gamescom Trailer from Battlefield 5 shows off the "devastation of Rotterdam" in the upcoming military shooter sequel. Here's the description of the in-game footage in the clip: "See new maps and gameplay in the official Battlefield V Gamescom Trailer. From the shattered streets of Rotterdam to the burning sands of North Africa, Battlefield will never be the same. Follow the Battlefield 5 channels for all the latest news from Gamescom." This includes what amounts to a post-credits Easter egg with a look at the game's battle royale mode.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Battlefield 5 Trailer Shows Battle Royale Aug 17, 2018, 00:39 bigspender

I don't think the maps are big enough for 100 players but we'll see  

12. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 16, 2018, 23:58 JTW

Ugh, what's that squishing?

Oh, market saturation. It's starting to flood.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Battlefield 5 Trailer Shows Battle Royale Aug 16, 2018, 18:18 Agent.X7

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 16, 2018, 14:08:
The game looks awesome, and of course DICE always has amazing trailers. I'll probably get BFV too, *sigh*

Online play in BF1 was about the worst the series has ever been, it seemed like, in terms of utterly imbalanced teams, almost every round. I'm not sure what DICE needs to do, but their autobalancer was atrocious. So many blowout rounds, for or against, where one team utterly refuses to try to cap at all, ruins the game for people like me who actually try to play objectives.

Are people just more worried about their KDR or stats these days? It doesn't even make sense, people play Battlefield games and just sit in a corner with a sniper rifle or prone bipod LMG, never moving up to flags.

Hopefully BFV's players aren't as bad/afraid of trying to cap.

I have played very BF since the original. To death. Except Bad COmpany (the original) because it was console only, so I only played the campaign, and BF1. I was worried when I saw that it was going to be WWI, and my fears about the game were confirmed. I still played it, but less than 24 hours. I just did not like the multiplayer. I hope that BFV is going to be much better.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

10. Re: Battlefield 5 Trailer Shows Battle Royale Aug 16, 2018, 18:14 Osc8r

Hopefully they get the TTK right in BR mode. That's one thing fortnite does right and where building comes into it's own.

Not sure how they are going to balance tanks either, but i'm down.

Not really interested in the base game though, looks too much like BF1 for my liking.

9. Re: Battlefield 5 Trailer Shows Battle Royale Aug 16, 2018, 17:30 Slick

There's never been a deathmatch mode in Battlefield. There has been Team Deathmatch since BF3, but that's it. 24 players (default) 12v12 on a small map.

I really have zero clue how that could be compared to a 100 person 8x8KM map where you have to scrounge for weapons, every man for themselves (or small squads), with the map slowly getting smaller.

Anyways, played the second alpha, same shit. HP regen kicks in faster now and you spawn with more ammo, but same shit. Honestly, I was going back to Battlefront II on the second day of the alpha, the gameplay is just much twitchier and IMO more fun...

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

8. Re: Battlefield 5 Trailer Shows Battle Royale Aug 16, 2018, 17:00 Kxmode

Okay.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

7. Re: Battlefield 5 Trailer Shows Battle Royale Aug 16, 2018, 16:26 DangerDog

The direction the gameplay is taking might put off some people, in the second alpha they nerfed the weapons, especially the sniper - you can still rape face if you have dead eye aim in close quarters but if you're outside 20m of your target you'll just pling people at 50 points damage.

You have a limit on ammo so turning the game into a bullet sponge affair might add to the frustration.

I think they're trying to adjust the game based on feed back that when you're getting shot at you don't have time to react to someone flanking you with a really fast TTK like the first alpha had.

It's kind of dumb because unless you have lightning reflexes you're still dead only now you might be able to turn to see your opponent that killed you.

The alpha was cobbled together with a lot of carry over animations and assets from BF1, will be interesting to see how much refinement is in the beta.

It still lacks the "sandbox" feel of the earlier Battlefield games, it's been eroding for quite some time but the way assets are brought onto the field are more like BF1 and less like BF4.

6. Re: Battlefield 5 Trailer Shows Battle Royale Aug 16, 2018, 14:59 Task

Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 16, 2018, 13:01:
Task wrote on Aug 16, 2018, 12:22:
Uh, you sure about that? I thought BR is the out of bounds constantly getting smaller and smaller.

Now it is. BR is essentially large scale deathmatch with no respawn. They added a timer mechanism to keep it intense.

Putting it in that context, I suppose so. A lot of old games had customizable multiplayer (setting the spawn to 0), like Mech Warrior 4 FFA.

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

5. Re: Battlefield 5 Trailer Shows Battle Royale Aug 16, 2018, 14:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

The game looks awesome, and of course DICE always has amazing trailers. I'll probably get BFV too, *sigh*

Online play in BF1 was about the worst the series has ever been, it seemed like, in terms of utterly imbalanced teams, almost every round. I'm not sure what DICE needs to do, but their autobalancer was atrocious. So many blowout rounds, for or against, where one team utterly refuses to try to cap at all, ruins the game for people like me who actually try to play objectives.

Are people just more worried about their KDR or stats these days? It doesn't even make sense, people play Battlefield games and just sit in a corner with a sniper rifle or prone bipod LMG, never moving up to flags.

Hopefully BFV's players aren't as bad/afraid of trying to cap.

4. Re: Battlefield 5 Trailer Shows Battle Royale Aug 16, 2018, 13:01 Agent.X7

Task wrote on Aug 16, 2018, 12:22:
Uh, you sure about that? I thought BR is the out of bounds constantly getting smaller and smaller.

Now it is. BR is essentially large scale deathmatch with no respawn. They added a timer mechanism to keep it intense.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

3. Re: Battlefield 5 Trailer Shows Battle Royale Aug 16, 2018, 12:22 Task

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

2. Re: Battlefield 5 Trailer Shows Battle Royale Aug 16, 2018, 12:12 Agent.X7

Honestly, Battlefield has basically had some form of Battle Royale since the original. Team Deathmatch is basically the 50 vs 50 mode from Fortnite. Sure, they didn't have a solo free for all mode, but it's very similar, except with tanks and planes. This is not a stretch at all to include in BF5.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

1. Re: Battlefield 5 Trailer Shows Battle Royale Aug 16, 2018, 11:53 Tipsy McStagger

Who didn't see this coming... lol  

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo