Rise of the Tomb Raider Trailer

SQUARE ENIX released a new trailer on Friday to show off some jungle gameplay in Rise of the Tomb Raider, the upcoming return of Lara Croft (thanks Dark Horizons via Ant). The clip also includes thoughts on the topic from Game Director Daniel Chayer-Bisson, who talks about Lara "becoming one with the Jungle," as a way of overcoming the superiority of the forces she is battling. Here's word:
Game Director Daniel Chayer-Bisson introduces an all-new gameplay clip that highlights how Lara will become one with the jungle to survive and stop a Maya apocalypse. Outgunned and outnumbered - Lara must use everything she's learned from the brutal environment against Trinity.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider will be available on September 14th, 2018 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Windows PC/Steam. Preorder now at TombRaider.com.

View : : :
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Trailer
Aug 13, 2018, 10:04
Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Trailer Aug 13, 2018, 10:04
Aug 13, 2018, 10:04

Dunkirk wrote on Aug 12, 2018, 22:15:
Well, I can't wait. I've played the other 2 several times each. That being said, this footage seems like it could have just as easily come from a game called Rambo, First Blood II, the video game.

Same here, I love the past two games. They were great. Having Coop in the past game was fun too.

This is very high on my list of games I will be playing next month.
Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

Aug 12, 2018, 23:55
Nucas

Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Trailer Aug 12, 2018, 23:55
Aug 12, 2018, 23:55
 Nucas

Cutter wrote on Aug 12, 2018, 14:22:
Her business cards read....

Lara Croft
Mass Murderer & Sometime Archeologist

how much of that do you suppose nathan drake is going to share with his daughter? before daddy opened a salvage business he killed hundreds and hundreds of men.

i hope shadow of the tomb raider addresses this in the narrative as the announcement trailer suggested, i'd like to see more game embrace the implications of their gameplay and can't think of any real examples except maybe the recent mediocre Vampyr.

Dunkirk wrote on Aug 12, 2018, 22:15:
Well, I can't wait. I've played the other 2 several times each. That being said, this footage seems like it could have just as easily come from a game called Rambo, First Blood II, the video game.
it was the same issue with rise of the tomb raider, a lot of pre-release footage was showing creative ways to mow dudes down because i imagine watching 7 minutes of lara croft sneaking through an environment isn't super exciting and most people are probably going guns blazing anyway.

Aug 12, 2018, 22:15
Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Trailer Aug 12, 2018, 22:15
Aug 12, 2018, 22:15

Acts 17:28 - "For in Him we live, and move, and have our being."

Aug 12, 2018, 17:14
Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Trailer Aug 12, 2018, 17:14
Aug 12, 2018, 17:14

Hmmm. Well I'm sorry for poster below me who isn't enjoying the writing, but besides that, I had a blast with these remakes. Can't wait for this one. Although I'll wait it out and get it on a discount because I'm too cheap to pay full launch prices these days.

I know Lara turned into mass murder with this reboots but I've had a blast anyway. She was meant to be at this point. There is only so much statue pushing I can take from the 90s. Mix some puzzles in with action and you can't go too wrong with the production values that they are wrapped in.

Aug 12, 2018, 15:08
Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Trailer Aug 12, 2018, 15:08
Aug 12, 2018, 15:08

Everything I've seen so far confirms that the writing and acting is once again shitty as fuck.
Rise of the Tomb Raider had you playing a moronic Lara like ... "oooohh should I really push on and continue my quest? ooooooohhhhh so scaaaarrrry... oooooohhhhh.... my gaaaaawwwwwddddd... can I really do it? ... ooooooohhhhhh...".

^ this happened all the time and was beyond retarded. There was no way back anyway because the path behind her collapsed every 20 seconds in spectacular glory. So what else was she gonna do than push forward? It was the only way. Just keep fucking going, genius.

So annoying... fucking amateur writers trying to create pseudo-drama where there was none.
Yes, I know that Pratchett wrote shit for RotTR and that she isn't an amateur on paper. Doesn't change the fact that the output was amateurish as hell.

And let's not even get started on her dweeb companions Jacob and Jonah. Holy shit. If you thought Lara was retarded then those two jokers opened a whole new dimension of fucking stupidity...

So, I'm definitely gonna wait for a deep discount on that Croft complete edition. Actually did the same for RotTR and bought the 20Y anniversary edition on sale.

Aug 12, 2018, 14:22
Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Trailer Aug 12, 2018, 14:22
Aug 12, 2018, 14:22

Her business cards read....

Lara Croft
Mass Murderer & Sometime Archeologist

"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."

Aug 12, 2018, 13:44
Nut
Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Trailer Aug 12, 2018, 13:44
Aug 12, 2018, 13:44
Nut

The headline and article are in error.

This game is the upcoming "Shadow of the Tomb Raider". "Rise of the Tomb Raider" is the current game in the series.
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older