Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield V Closed Alpha Next Week

Electronic Arts offers details on a second Battlefield V closed alpha test that's getting underway on August 14th. They say codes are going out soon to a small group of players, and those with a valid Battlefield V Closed Alpha entitlement from the first closed alpha are automatically invited. They say, "Codes that have not been redeemed yet can also be used to access the Closed Alpha 2. Additionally, we will be sending out more invites through email to give even more players the chance to try Battlefield V." They also offer system requirements for the alpha and discuss their goals for testing:

We’ve read and acted on much of the feedback that we received during the first Closed Alpha. You’ll get a better glimpse of those changes during our Open Beta period, but for Closed Alpha 2, we would like you to focus on the matchmaking, squad joining functionality, as well as simply playing as you normally would, so that we can evaluate our tweaked leveling curves.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Battlefield V Closed Alpha Next Week Aug 10, 2018, 18:00 Osc8r

Bishi wrote on Aug 10, 2018, 07:04:
Osc8r wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 23:09:
Meh. When's the BR version coming? It looks like the same thing we've done for the past 15+ years and i still have a bad taste in my mouth from BF1.

I'm already sick of BR games, I hope the BR in this is shit so it doesn't become a dominant game mode.

I hope it does or at least keeps expanding, it's far more exciting than the insta-respawning & zerg rushing scoreboard orientated games we've been stuck with for the past 2 decades.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Battlefield V Closed Alpha Next Week Aug 10, 2018, 17:04 theglaze

I enjoy the thrill and team tactics of BR modes, but PUBG and Fortnite are rubbish.

Especially if this game doesn’t have Rush, it’s the execution of their BR mode that will make this a buy/no-buy for me.

11. Re: Battlefield V Closed Alpha Next Week Aug 10, 2018, 11:24 Sepharo

DangerDog wrote on Aug 10, 2018, 00:59:
If it doesn't require a squad wipe to kick you to observation mode they're going to fuck it up.

That's effectively how BRs work in squads anyway.
And seeing that they've been showing off the new revive system, it's already in line with BR conventions.

10. Re: Battlefield V Closed Alpha Next Week Aug 10, 2018, 11:22 Sepharo

fawker wrote on Aug 10, 2018, 10:17:
flavor of the year

we'll be looking back at this in no time saying remember that?

just like planking or ice bucket challenge

A three year flavor.

9. Re: Battlefield V Closed Alpha Next Week Aug 10, 2018, 10:17 fawker

flavor of the year

we'll be looking back at this in no time saying remember that?

just like planking or ice bucket challenge

8. Re: Battlefield V Closed Alpha Next Week Aug 10, 2018, 07:04 Bishi

Meh. When's the BR version coming? It looks like the same thing we've done for the past 15+ years and i still have a bad taste in my mouth from BF1.

I'm already sick of BR games, I hope the BR in this is shit so it doesn't become a dominant game mode.

7. Re: Battlefield V Closed Alpha Next Week Aug 10, 2018, 07:03 Bishi

Well from what i've seen from teh first alpha its a bit more of a mix anyway, the gunplay is much improved from BF1 (not hard) but it has BF1 level visuals. The lack of ammo is a pleasant change as you get fewer endlessly camping snipers. It doesn't have Rush which irks me a bit too.
I'm still hyped though, if it can be anything close to BF4 (what BF4 ended up as after lots of patches) or BC2 then it'll keep me occupied for hundreds of hours.

6. Re: Battlefield V Closed Alpha Next Week Aug 10, 2018, 00:59 DangerDog

I wouldn't expect a PUBG type BR mode, at best it's going to be a last man standing add-on to the last round on operations maps. I've never been a fan of perma-death round games, not even ones with small player counts. If it doesn't require a squad wipe to kick you to observation mode they're going to fuck it up.

5. Re: Battlefield V Closed Alpha Next Week Aug 9, 2018, 23:09 Osc8r

4. Re: Battlefield V Closed Alpha Next Week Aug 9, 2018, 22:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 19:27:
What would be super interesting is if one of the Battlefield lead developers gave a comparison of how they plan and execute an alpha compared to Star Citizen.

Don't punch down, jdreyer.

3. Re: Battlefield V Closed Alpha Next Week Aug 9, 2018, 21:42 Slick

Take two baby, top streamers be warned! =p

Also, I think I was the first to break this news on reddit, should have tweeted it, my Origin client all of a sudden gave me the preload and launch times for the BFV Alpha (since it was already in my games list) yesterday morning, then it dissapeared, then it re-appeared later in the day.

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

2. Re: Battlefield V Closed Alpha Next Week Aug 9, 2018, 20:56 DangerDog

Open beta in September, so if you didn't get in to the closed alpha it won't be long till you can try it out.  

1. Re: Battlefield V Closed Alpha Next Week Aug 9, 2018, 19:27 jdreyer

What would be super interesting is if one of the Battlefield lead developers gave a comparison of how they plan and execute an alpha compared to Star Citizen.  

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo