Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Blizzard Teases "Multiple Diablo Projects"

A new video from Blizzard has an announcement from associate community manager Brandy Camel, who talks about changes in Season 14 for Diablo III. Then with a grin that belies how they intentionally buried the lede here, she reveals that "multiple Diablo projects" are in the works, and we may see the first evidence of these by the end of the year. There is an intentional vagueness here, as the word game goes unmentioned, as she talks about Diablo "projects" and "experiences," but there is an outreach to old school fans of the series that hopefully represents something. Here's what she says about the action/RPG series:

We'd also like to let you know that the forges here at Blizzard are burning hot, and we have multiple Diablo projects in the works. Some of them are going to take longer than others, but we may have some things to show you later this year. We hope you stay tuned while we work to bring these Diablo experiences to life.

None of this would be possible without the support that you've shown us for over 20 years. So whether you first joined us in D3, or you're a seasoned veteran, thank you. Diablo is, and always will be, part of Blizzard's identity, and we can't wait for the future.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Blizzard Teases Aug 10, 2018, 14:36 jdreyer

Cram wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 17:00:
Icewind wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 05:11:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 01:58:
What I'd really like to see is Diablo FPS. I want to shoot firebolts and chain lightning at demons!

Hellgate London?

That didn't go so well.

Flagshipped
It worked for Heretic and Hexen. I bet Blizzard would make a kick-ass game in this genre.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Blizzard Teases Aug 9, 2018, 17:00 Cram

Icewind wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 05:11:
What I'd really like to see is Diablo FPS. I want to shoot firebolts and chain lightning at demons!

Hellgate London?

That didn't go so well.

Flagshipped

14. Re: Blizzard Teases Aug 9, 2018, 05:11 Icewind

Hellgate London?

That didn't go so well.

13. Re: Blizzard Teases Aug 9, 2018, 01:58 jdreyer

12. Re: Blizzard Teases Aug 9, 2018, 01:50 jdreyer

Jivaro wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 15:50:

edit: also... "Want to know more?" I instantly thought of Starship Troopers...

Okay, so it wasn't just me.

Whatever they do, let's just hope they kill all the bugs.

11. Re: Blizzard Teases Aug 9, 2018, 01:47 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 15:01:
Diablo Auction House: Nothing BUT the auctions!

Get it right dude: Diablo Auction House Simulator.

10. Re: Blizzard Teases Aug 8, 2018, 21:49 heroin

I wish they'd just put Diablo to rest and move on to something new. I'd love to see Blizzard try their hand at copying the single-player scope of CD Projekt Red or Bethesda and make a single-player RPG.  

9. Re: Blizzard Teases Aug 8, 2018, 20:07 rist3903

More characters for 15 bucks a pop.

8. Re: Blizzard Teases Aug 8, 2018, 19:45 MT Silver

I hope it's not a bunch of worthless crap like mobile apps and comic books. I want another expansion to D3 or a Diablo 4.  

7. Re: Blizzard Teases Aug 8, 2018, 18:43 CJ_Parker

Can you say ZERO FUCKS? I can!  

6. Re: Blizzard Teases Aug 8, 2018, 17:08 Ozmodan

I can see a battle royal version of Diablo. Blizzard is not one to pass a popular game theme.  

5. Re: Blizzard Teases Aug 8, 2018, 16:17 RaZ0r!

If you want some fresh D2, check out Median XL.

https://www.median-xl.com/

The 'coming soon' Median XL Sigma client should support higher resolutions.

4. Re: Blizzard Teases Aug 8, 2018, 15:50 Jivaro

The end of the expansion basically resets everything. The "evils" are free when the angel of death...errr...dies. Kinda sets things up pretty nicely for a World of Diablo MMO with your avatar being a nephalem of various Diablo classes.

Also, I agree that HD D2 seems like an obvious move.

I would be hoping for the best but preparing for the worst with the first concept. The second one is something I am REALLY hoping the do and do correctly.

edit: also... "Want to know more?" I instantly thought of Starship Troopers...

3. Re: Blizzard Teases Aug 8, 2018, 15:01 Creston

Diablo Auction House: Nothing BUT the auctions!  

2. Re: Blizzard Teases Aug 8, 2018, 14:42 Cram

I think an HD Diablo2 is likely, even if it requires a complete overhaul of the whole game. They can't just take D2 as it is right now and slap widescreen support on it with higher resolution. Enemies, one of the issues for example, work by line of sight in that if they can't see you on the screen at 800x600 res they won't aggro. Boost that up to 1080p res, you'll be able to see thousands of monsters and they won't be able to see you/aggro at all and attack you until you're damn close to them physically.

Likely a card or mobile game too. Now, Diablo 4 (and will it be a sequel or prequel?) or maybe World of Diablo? Something different? I think we can all probably agree though that it will require Always Online and have a Cash Shop at the minimum.

1. Re: Blizzard Teases Aug 8, 2018, 14:31 El Pit

Multiablo announced - MMOARPG! Pay more to win more! CRATES! LOOT! DOMINATE (if you got enough money)...

Just trolling, guys. Had a rough day, I need it.

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo