Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend

Bethesda announces they are celebrating this weekend's QuakeCon 2018 with a free weekend for The Elder Scrolls Online that coincides with a sale on the MMORPG. Word is there will also be Twitch drops to be earned for watching the keynote on Friday. Here are the details:
FREE PLAY EVENT
Starting Thursday, August 9 at 10:00AM EDT, you can play The Elder Scrolls Online free on all platforms (PC/Mac, PlayStation®4, and Xbox One). Once the event starts, visit our Free Play page and select your platform of choice. You’ll be able to enjoy the ESO base game AND the Vvardenfell zone completely free until Wednesday, August 15 at 10:00AM EDT.

Note that you will not need PlayStation®Plus if playing on PlayStation®4 in order to download and participate in the event.

With the ESO base game, you’ll be able to explore Tamriel, reclaim your soul in an epic main story, and fight in a massive open-world PvP zone. For the first time, the Vvardenfell zone will also be available during the free play event, allowing you to visit the island home of the Dark Elves to help a god regain his lost power. If you already own the ESO base game, you’ll be able to enjoy access to the Vvardenfell zone during the event period, too!

ESO & CROWN PACKS ON SALE
Starting today and running for the duration of QuakeCon 2018, select Crown Packs, The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset (including Digital Collector’s Edition and Upgrades), The Elder Scrolls Online Collection, and The Elder Scrolls Online Standard Edition are on sale.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset is the latest Chapter in The Elder Scrolls Online saga, allowing new and veteran players alike (there are no level requirements) to explore the isle of Summerset and uncover a Daedric conspiracy.

The sale is now live on all platforms, including the ESO Store, Steam Store, PlayStation®Store, and Xbox Store, and it will run until Monday, August 13. Check individual storefronts for complete sale details.

The Elder Scrolls Online Standard Edition will be available on sale until Monday, August 20.

WATCH THE KEYNOTE TO EARN AN EXCLUSIVE PET & DROPS
On Friday at 12:00PM EDT, watch QuakeCon 2018’s keynote address live on Twitch to receive an exclusive ESO pet and Twitch Drops. The show will begin at 12:00PM EDT on Friday, August 10 and can be viewed on Bethesda’s official Twitch, Mixer, and YouTube channels. Note that you can only earn these rewards by watching on Twitch:

• Flame Atronach Wolf pet
  • 5 Ouroboros Crown Crates

View

13. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend Aug 8, 2018, 17:01 Osc8r

El Pit wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 05:53:
Osc8r wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 04:26:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 02:08:
My friend refuses to play MMOs. I hate them too actually, but I'm a huge Elder Scrolls fan. Do you have a way of convincing us to play this?

Don't. It's boring even by MMO standards and the combat is trash.

Games h8er strikes again!

Don't listen to him, he is trolling EVERY game out there. TESO is a solid MMO but requires A LOT of farming if you want to play the free version.

Awe, did I hurt your feeling el-cupcake?

Not trolling, just not a fan of certain games and this is one of them. Hell, even the neverwinter MMO was more enjoyable than this poor excuse for a game. Its NOTHING close to being elder scrolls with friends (which is what I'm still hanging for), it's a game where your brain switches off and you run around doing mundane shit over and over without a single challenge or memorial encounter to be seen, complete with shoddy combat and auto leveling mobs. Joy!

But hey, it's free so what has he got to lose. Let him make up his own mind.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report