Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Death Knight Joins Quake Champions

Quake Champions Website has patch notes from the August patch which is now live in id Software's multiplayer shooter (thanks PCGamesN). The has changes, fixes, and adds new items, including a heavy machinegun which will only be unlockable during QuakeCon. It also adds the Death Knight from the original QUAKE as a playable character. Here's word:
A new Champion rises from the fire to slake his unending desire for carnage! Available to play today, Death Knight will be a familiar face to Quake fans, as this armor-clad enemy sought to stop Ranger from defeating Shub-Ngurath with his fireball-spewing sword. The massive energies released by the Outer God’s defeat launched them both into the Dreamlands, and now Death Knight stalks him—and anyone else who crosses his path!
View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Death Knight Joins Quake Champions Aug 6, 2018, 04:24 Suppa7

Osc8r wrote on Aug 5, 2018, 23:49:
And i have no problems with kids paying for pointless cosmetics as long as i get the game for free as a result.

Except you don't really get the game for free, they control the software, else you would get a complete copy of the game. No modding, no rocket arena, etc. All the cool shit I got into PC gaming for has been destroyed.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Death Knight Joins Quake Champions Aug 5, 2018, 23:49 Osc8r

Suppa7 wrote on Aug 5, 2018, 22:13:
fawker wrote on Aug 5, 2018, 14:50:
From what I googled you're SOL and have to try contacting Bethesda. Not worth it over $5 if you like the game.

Not even worth $5, the reality is quake has been ruined by this new generation of idiots spending money on fucking cosmetics. The fact that EPIC is now raking in billions from cosmetics in a game kids don't even own is fucking disturbing. Proof that man evolved from monkeys.

The fact that modern micro-transactions take advantage of stupid tech illiterate kids and adults and now we've lost control of the awesome shit we had in the 90's - level editors, sdks, etc... now paired back or gone completely.

Meh, quake (and ID) went to shit long before micro-transactions became a thing.

And i have no problems with kids paying for pointless cosmetics as long as i get the game for free as a result.

2. Re: Death Knight Joins Quake Champions Aug 5, 2018, 22:13 Suppa7

fawker wrote on Aug 5, 2018, 14:50:
From what I googled you're SOL and have to try contacting Bethesda. Not worth it over $5 if you like the game.

Not even worth $5, the reality is quake has been ruined by this new generation of idiots spending money on fucking cosmetics. The fact that EPIC is now raking in billions from cosmetics in a game kids don't even own is fucking disturbing. Proof that man evolved from monkeys.

The fact that modern micro-transactions take advantage of stupid tech illiterate kids and adults and now we've lost control of the awesome shit we had in the 90's - level editors, sdks, etc... now paired back or gone completely.

1. Re: Death Knight Joins Quake Champions Aug 5, 2018, 14:50 fawker

When I load this game it has 5 unskippable full screen notices and company logos, and a final screen that has 5 more company logos piled all into one. Then the intro cinematic starts and I can fortunately skip that one.

That has to be a record or something.

As far as the game goes, my ass is typically grass but I take my abuse and like it.

Not too happy that I had to throw $5 at a steam copy, though. My old beta account on the Bethesda client no longer connected to any games. From what I googled you're SOL and have to try contacting Bethesda. Not worth it over $5 if you like the game.

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >