plans to release a Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive
on August 28th, offering the latest microtransaction-free version of
the game along with additional content (which is already present in the Gold and
Platinum editions of the game). "Since Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™ launched,
we’ve continually looked at all of the feedback from our fantastic community and
our fans, which has inspired us to keep improving the game and ultimately create
a version that we are truly proud of," said Michael de Plater, Vice President,
Creative, Monolith Productions. "Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™Definitive Edition
brings together all of our free content updates and gameplay improvements, along
with our Story and Nemesis Expansions, providing the very best experience for
players. Whether you’re diving in for the first time or making your return to
Middle-earth™, there’s never been a better time to walk into Mordor." Here's
Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™ Definitive Edition will feature the main game,
along with the full Expansion Pass, including additional story campaigns,
missions, playable characters, Orc tribes, weapons, abilities, enemies, a new
region and much more.
- Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™ Main Game
- Slaughter Tribe Nemesis Expansion
- Outlaw Tribe Nemesis Expansion
- Blade of Galadriel Story Expansion
- Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion
Additionally, Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™ Definitive Edition will bring
together a multitude of different enhancements and free content updates, from a
richer campaign experience and streamlined post-game Epilogue to new player
skins and the complete removal of the market, in addition to hundreds of other
improvements since the release of Middle-earth ™: Shadow of War™. A snapshot of
the updates available for players includes:
- Market Closure: Complete removal of the
market and microtransactions.
- Updated Post-Game: Streamlined post-game
Epilogue (formerly Shadow Wars) with new narration from Shelob, the
Witch-king and Dark Talion, plus new Masks of the Nazgûl player rewards.
- Nemesis System Enhancements: Numerous
improvements bringing further depth to combat encounters and player
interactions, along with added traits and behaviours for Orc enemies, more
Legendary Orcs to encounter and more ways to get Training Orders.
- Powering Up: Follower level cap has been
increased to 80, enemy Captain level cap has been increased to 85, greater
XP rewards, new Prestige skills, upgrades and more.
- Gear Upgrades: Players can now use Mirian
to raise the level of a piece of gear to their current level and use gems to
- Skins: Added player skins for Celebrimbor,
Eltariel, Dark Eltariel, Baranor and Serka.
- Online Pit Fights & Conquests: Added search
feature to challenge specific players' Overlords and fortresses in Friendly
- Endless Siege: Added feature to defend
fortresses against never-ending waves of Sauron’s forces.
- Rebellion: Added feature to crush rebel
Ologs and Uruks who undermine the Bright Lord.
- Photo Mode Upgrades: Capture every battle
with new filters, frames and textures
- Difficulty Levels: Added Brutal and
Gravewalker difficulty levels.
- Player Stats: Added player stats page to
track in-game enemy kills, dominations and betrayals.