Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition This Month

WBIE announces plans to release a Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition on August 28th, offering the latest microtransaction-free version of the game along with additional content (which is already present in the Gold and Platinum editions of the game). "Since Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™ launched, we’ve continually looked at all of the feedback from our fantastic community and our fans, which has inspired us to keep improving the game and ultimately create a version that we are truly proud of," said Michael de Plater, Vice President, Creative, Monolith Productions. "Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™Definitive Edition brings together all of our free content updates and gameplay improvements, along with our Story and Nemesis Expansions, providing the very best experience for players. Whether you’re diving in for the first time or making your return to Middle-earth™, there’s never been a better time to walk into Mordor." Here's more:
Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™ Definitive Edition will feature the main game, along with the full Expansion Pass, including additional story campaigns, missions, playable characters, Orc tribes, weapons, abilities, enemies, a new region and much more.

• Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™ Main Game
  • Slaughter Tribe Nemesis Expansion
  • Outlaw Tribe Nemesis Expansion
  • Blade of Galadriel Story Expansion
  • Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion

Additionally, Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™ Definitive Edition will bring together a multitude of different enhancements and free content updates, from a richer campaign experience and streamlined post-game Epilogue to new player skins and the complete removal of the market, in addition to hundreds of other improvements since the release of Middle-earth ™: Shadow of War™. A snapshot of the updates available for players includes:

• Market Closure: Complete removal of the market and microtransactions.
  • Updated Post-Game: Streamlined post-game Epilogue (formerly Shadow Wars) with new narration from Shelob, the Witch-king and Dark Talion, plus new Masks of the Nazgûl player rewards.
  • Nemesis System Enhancements: Numerous improvements bringing further depth to combat encounters and player interactions, along with added traits and behaviours for Orc enemies, more Legendary Orcs to encounter and more ways to get Training Orders.
  • Powering Up: Follower level cap has been increased to 80, enemy Captain level cap has been increased to 85, greater XP rewards, new Prestige skills, upgrades and more.
  • Gear Upgrades: Players can now use Mirian to raise the level of a piece of gear to their current level and use gems to re-roll abilities.
  • Skins: Added player skins for Celebrimbor, Eltariel, Dark Eltariel, Baranor and Serka.
  • Online Pit Fights & Conquests: Added search feature to challenge specific players' Overlords and fortresses in Friendly Mode.
  • Endless Siege: Added feature to defend fortresses against never-ending waves of Sauron’s forces.
  • Rebellion: Added feature to crush rebel Ologs and Uruks who undermine the Bright Lord.
  • Photo Mode Upgrades: Capture every battle with new filters, frames and textures
  • Difficulty Levels: Added Brutal and Gravewalker difficulty levels.
  • Player Stats: Added player stats page to track in-game enemy kills, dominations and betrayals.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition This Month Aug 3, 2018, 00:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

Caladell wrote on Aug 2, 2018, 22:36:
Fanatical is fine. I order from them quite frequently. And they are absolutely on isthereanydeal. I get emails daily from them mentioning Fanatical deals.

Hrm, you're right, there it is right off the main page of isthereanydeal, Fanatical.

They just didn't have competitive prices for the three games I looked up!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition This Month Aug 2, 2018, 22:36 Caladell

Fanatical is fine. I order from them quite frequently. And they are absolutely on isthereanydeal. I get emails daily from them mentioning Fanatical deals.  

6. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition This Month Aug 2, 2018, 22:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

How legit/scammy is Fanatical now? I bought a few things off of them when they were Bundle Stars, but the prices seemed suspicious.

Fanatical isn't even listed on istehreanydeal.com, so it makes me wonder if they are in the same ballpark as G2A or some other sites selling game keys bought with stolen credit cards, etc.

I'm trying to avoid supporting sites like G2A in the future.

5. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition This Month Aug 2, 2018, 20:30 CJ_Parker

Y'all are way too pessimistic. The GOTY of the first game has been selling for €4.99 for years on sites like Fanatical (formerly a.k.a Bundle Stars).

Shadow of War DE could be nearing sub $10 towards the end of the year already or 2019 spring/summer sales at the latest (on Fanatical, GMG etc.).

The base game was available for $16.37 on GMG recently.

You can frequently get really good deals on Warner Bros games like Middle Earth and the Batman games on those 3rd party sites. The price will come down crashing hard for the holiday sales.
And if it doesn't then no big deal cuz there is enough other shit to play all the time.

4. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition This Month Aug 2, 2018, 20:13 Bundy

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 2, 2018, 10:35:
Aaaah there it is. Now we just need a €9.99 (or less) price tag on this edition and then we're talkin' bizness.

In 4 or 5 years.

3. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition This Month Aug 2, 2018, 19:22 Kxmode

Market Closure: Complete removal of the market and microtransactions.

Wait. This was a thing?!

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

2. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition This Month Aug 2, 2018, 13:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 2, 2018, 10:35:
Aaaah there it is. Now we just need a €9.99 (or less) price tag on this edition and then we're talkin' bizness.

Well I agree, but that is probably going to be a long wait, the base game is still $59.99 on Steam.

1. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition This Month Aug 2, 2018, 10:35 CJ_Parker

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >