Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Out of the Blue

Knowing my affection for spiders, MrsBlue called me over to see a bunch of little spider hatchlings on the outside of one of our windows. Right off I noticed something odd, as the little buggers were not segmented, and it struck me they might be ticks. But on closer examination, they only seemed to have six legs each, which would make them insects, rather than arachnids, but once again, the un-segmented bodies didn't fit that either. So I did a little Googling and found that larval ticks, often called "seed ticks," only have (you probably see where this is going), yup, six legs. The general rule for creepy crawlies in the BlueTower is that spiders get to stay, and everyone else gets the catch and release treatment where practical. But this was a whole different situation, and even though these little guys were actually outside, they got the vacuum treatment nonetheless. So what started out as a charming little nature watch ended up as a murder spree. And I don't even feel bad about it.

Bugged Links: Thanks Ant.
Play: Running Round.
Stories: California Carr Fire update: Five die, thousands flee relentless blaze.
Supermom Duck Cares for Brood of 76 Baby Ducklings in Minnesota. Thanks RedEye9.
Science: NASA 60th: How It All Began.
Petrichor: why does rain smell so good? Thanks Max.
Which Water Is Best For Health? Hint: Don't Discount The Tap. Thanks RedEye9.
Media: Hedgie the Pitbull.
HurtStone - the Boomsday Project (Instagram animated shorts).
How Norway Reinvented Prison.
The sheeps.
The Funnies: FROGPANTS.
Skeleton Claw.
Playerlist - FoxTrot.
View

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2018, 19:58 Nimh

Ticks are hardly little buggers.. I'd check the vacuum canister just to make sure there is no movement, or nuke it from orbit, the only way to be sure.  

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jul 29, 15:09 Re: Out of the Blue Burrito of Peace
  2. Jul 29, 15:15 Re: Out of the Blue RedEye9
  3. Jul 29, 16:04  Re: Out of the Blue SlimRam
  4. Jul 29, 16:27 Re: Out of the Blue RedEye9
>> 5. Jul 29, 19:58 Re: Out of the Blue Nimh
  7. Jul 29, 20:57  Re: Out of the Blue jdreyer
  8. Jul 29, 23:19   Re: Out of the Blue The Half Elf
  9. Jul 30, 05:18    Re: Out of the Blue jdreyer
  11. Jul 30, 08:28     Re: Out of the Blue The Half Elf
  10. Jul 30, 06:36    Re: Out of the Blue shul