Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds

GOG.com announces they are implementing an extended refund policy for No Man's Sky following the news that the multiplayer elements of the new No Man's Sky NEXT update would not launch on their DRM-free edition of the space game until later this year (thanks [H]ardOCP). Here's the deal:

We know that many of you expressed disappointment about the lack of the new multiplayer feature in the latest update to No Man's Sky on GOG.COM. While we have limited control over games and content updates, we want you to have the best and risk-free experience possible when you buy a game on GOG.COM.

Although Hello Games chose not to offer refunds over missing game content to our users and instead promised to bring the missing multiplayer content later this year, we understand that some of you might not be willing to wait. For this reason, entirely at GOG's own cost, we’re offering an extended refund policy for all owners of No Man’s Sky. Even if your purchase is no longer covered by the 30-Day Money Back Guarantee, you can contact our customer support team and we’ll issue a refund in wallet funds.

This extended refund policy applies to all owners of No Man's Sky on GOG.COM who request the refund by this Sunday, July 29, 10:00 PM UTC.

View
60 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

60. Re: Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 28, 2018, 09:10 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Jul 28, 2018, 06:19:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 27, 2018, 21:40:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 27, 2018, 00:51:
Old Kx wouldn't quote mafia hitmen either. You've changed dude.

"It's nothing personal. It's just business" is a famous quote from a famous movie. But it is now a common phrase in American culture. It's incredibly disingenuous to say that I'm quoting mafia hitmen.

The quote was coined by mafioso Otto Berman.
It's incredibly disingenuous to correct the "mode" when he's crusading on one of his autistic terrors.
shame shame shame

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

59. Re: Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 28, 2018, 06:19 jdreyer

Kxmode wrote on Jul 27, 2018, 21:40:

"It's nothing personal. It's just business" is a famous quote from a famous movie. But it is now a common phrase in American culture. It's incredibly disingenuous to say that I'm quoting mafia hitmen.

The quote was coined by mafioso Otto Berman.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

58. Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 27, 2018, 21:40 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Jul 27, 2018, 07:14:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 23:15:
I know right? RedEye, Beamer, seriously. You guys should let it go. The loathing is quite unbecoming.
Is this a self referential joke?

No.

I'm not even in this thread.

Because you replied to me in the other No Man's Sky thread.

I just find it funny you are so angry over a game you played 40 hours.

And I find it funny that you think I'm angry. I don't operate like that. I don't have time to get into the weeds with you all. You all keep posting replies that push the boundaries of what I would call "reality." There's no malice or contempt in replying to correct a glaring flaw. What I'm saying is it is disrespectful to cast aspiration on another based on the fiction you've created.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

57. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Tomorrow; Free Season of Content Planned Jul 27, 2018, 11:53 Darks

Beamer wrote on Jul 27, 2018, 11:27:
Darks wrote on Jul 27, 2018, 10:47:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 22:50:
What the hell, this thread has more rage than a Star Citizen thread. No Man's Sky is more of a zen mindset game, run around, zap rocks, fly around, name rocks, etc.

Woo saah, woo saah...relax, let the tension go...

I know right? RedEye, Beamer, seriously. You guys should let it go. The loathing is quite unbecoming.

Is this a self referential joke? I'm not even in this thread. I just find it funny you are so angry over a game you played 40 hours. That next to no one else here feels angry at. You pre-ordered. Most of us saw that the game was dropping features like crazy.

I've still never played it. Never will. Stopped paying attention to prerelease games that aren't direct sequels with the same engine years ago. A lesson pretty much all gamers should learn.

Why wouldn't you want to check it out now after this latest patch? Its actually been pretty good. I know I hated it when it first released, but the new Coop mode has been a lot of fun.

Its interesting how they implemented Coop. I joined my friends game late, so it made me start from scratch. At one point, you are given a raging Ice Storm, I'm sure this changes depending on the planet type but we got a blizzard since the planet type was icy.

Well its all scripted. My friend never saw the storm, only I did, so they are phase instancing how the game plays in Coop.

A lot of the game is scripted after you complete certain events or task given to you and the other players dont see those happening as you do.

No time, and probably not the type of game I'd play. If I had someone for co-op, maybe, but I don't.

I get that, I've got a ton of games still on the waiting list too. But you could always jump in a game with me if needed.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

56. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Tomorrow; Free Season of Content Planned Jul 27, 2018, 11:27 Beamer

Darks wrote on Jul 27, 2018, 10:47:
What the hell, this thread has more rage than a Star Citizen thread. No Man's Sky is more of a zen mindset game, run around, zap rocks, fly around, name rocks, etc.

Is this a self referential joke? I'm not even in this thread. I just find it funny you are so angry over a game you played 40 hours. That next to no one else here feels angry at. You pre-ordered. Most of us saw that the game was dropping features like crazy.

I've still never played it. Never will. Stopped paying attention to prerelease games that aren't direct sequels with the same engine years ago. A lesson pretty much all gamers should learn.

Why wouldn't you want to check it out now after this latest patch? Its actually been pretty good. I know I hated it when it first released, but the new Coop mode has been a lot of fun.

Its interesting how they implemented Coop. I joined my friends game late, so it made me start from scratch. At one point, you are given a raging Ice Storm, I'm sure this changes depending on the planet type but we got a blizzard since the planet type was icy.

Well its all scripted. My friend never saw the storm, only I did, so they are phase instancing how the game plays in Coop.

A lot of the game is scripted after you complete certain events or task given to you and the other players dont see those happening as you do.

No time, and probably not the type of game I'd play. If I had someone for co-op, maybe, but I don't.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

55. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Tomorrow; Free Season of Content Planned Jul 27, 2018, 10:47 Darks

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

54. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Tomorrow; Free Season of Content Planned Jul 27, 2018, 07:14 Beamer

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

53. Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 27, 2018, 00:51 jdreyer

Kxmode wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 22:11:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 21:48:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 14:57:
Cutter wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 11:36:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 11:13:
I'm a bit compfused. Didn't they just advertise the multiplayer bit last week? Then this week they're pulling it?

No, they're saying it won't be available on GOG for at least 6 months for some inexplicable reason. Sean Murray is just a enormous scumbag.

After today NOBODY should believe anything from Sean Murray or Hello Games. This is quite literally the second time they lied to video game consumers. As the saying goes, "Lie to me once, shame on you. Lie to me twice, shame on ME!"

So much anger.

Where is kind, sweet, forgiving KxMode?

I miss that guy.

Because I'm not the one who stole $60 based on a lie. It's nothing personal. It's just business.
Old Kx wouldn't quote mafia hitmen either.
You've changed dude.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

52. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Tomorrow; Free Season of Content Planned Jul 26, 2018, 23:15 Kxmode

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

51. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Tomorrow; Free Season of Content Planned Jul 26, 2018, 23:13 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 22:20:
Do you got a cape to go with that crusade?
Did you fall into a bat infested well as a child?

That's a comic book character and a work of fiction.

Have you learned not to pre-order games or donate to kickstarter?

Don't you think it's a tad hypocritical to ask such a question when you regularly post disappointments surrounding political nonsense? When will you learn not to get involved in politics or not donate to political parties when you know the status quo will never change?

So many questions, so little time.

I can wait while you fabricate more.

SHALL WE PLAY A GAME?

This comment was edited on Jul 26, 2018, 23:26.

50. Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 26, 2018, 22:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

49. Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 26, 2018, 22:20 RedEye9

Do you got a cape to go with that crusade?
Did you fall into a bat infested well as a child?
Have you learned not to pre-order games or donate to kickstarter?
So many questions, so little time.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

48. Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 26, 2018, 22:11 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 21:48:
I'm a bit compfused. Didn't they just advertise the multiplayer bit last week? Then this week they're pulling it?

No, they're saying it won't be available on GOG for at least 6 months for some inexplicable reason. Sean Murray is just a enormous scumbag.

After today NOBODY should believe anything from Sean Murray or Hello Games. This is quite literally the second time they lied to video game consumers. As the saying goes, "Lie to me once, shame on you. Lie to me twice, shame on ME!"

So much anger.

I miss that guy.

Because I'm not the one who stole $60 based on a lie. It's nothing personal. It's just business.

47. Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 26, 2018, 22:03 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 16:53:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 16:49:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 16:42:
How do you figure that's the message? If anything it's the opposite, "you can continue to do shitty things and we'll pick up the tab for goodwill publicity".

Because the announcement implies Hello Games refused to honor legitimate refund requests, and so the money came out of CDPR's pocket. GOG isn't CDPR's charity. It's a business and a profitable one at that (according to CDPR's annual meetings). They're not going to cool with some "manufacturer" producing shady products, lying to their customer base, and then refusing to honor refund requests. CDPR is likely going to bring a lawsuit against HG to recoup lost income.

If they brought a lawsuit against HG (and especially if they won) then yes, that would definitely be a message that they can't continue with impunity. But I think that's super unlikely. This is a good publicity move, not much more. HG doesn't learn any lessons from this, well at least not any good ones.

I'll admit my comment is an outlook. However, I believe the suits at CDPR are meeting or will meet soon to discuss their legal options. If you run a business that is publicly traded (CD Projekt SA is on the Warsaw Stock Exchange at PLN$214.40 or $58.14 USD per share) most exchanges state a company has a financial obligation to their shareholders, and shareholders are not going to be happy a paltry indie studio cost their investment money.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in a next weeks or months.

46. Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 26, 2018, 21:48 jdreyer

So much anger.

I miss that guy.

45. Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 26, 2018, 21:34 jdreyer

HoSpanky wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 13:38:

They used the built in multiplayer network functionality built into Steam. I don’t think GoG Galaxy has anything like that, so they’ll have to build their own, which will take a while. Rather than delay multiplayer for everyone another few months because of a platform with likely a LOT fewer copies sold, they released it now and are working toward getting it available for everyone. I imagine at that point they’ll switch the Steam version over to whatever they make so people from both stores can play together.

But hey, better to assume someone’s doing it to be an asshole than it being a technical hurdle, right?

I see, thanks HoSpanky.

44. Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 26, 2018, 20:36 Reactor

I’m happy to wait.  

43. Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 26, 2018, 20:32 Drayth

Edit - NM

I need more caffeine

42. Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 26, 2018, 19:43 warmbluelasers

DangerDog wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 17:57:
So now Hello Games would need to roll out some sort of authentication key version of the game, and distribute the keys to the people who bought their copy on GOG. (edit: GOG Galaxy platform edition). All for how many customers? Couple of thousand? Hello Games should have offered a way to purchase Steam codes at a sharp discount to people who bought it from GOG.

There's also then the issue of connecting to Steam players. The easiest thing to do is just force everyone to use a single DRM platform for multiplayer, but that invalidates selling on GOG. And then there's whatever under the table promises made to Sony and Microsoft to make a summer deadline.

Also, I don't see anything about Hello Games not honoring the standard refund policy. What I see is GOG offering refunds for all sales, even those at launch day. I'm sure a lot of people are going to trade in for $60 for a game they've already played to death. I own a lot of games I'd love to get full-price trade-in value for because they've either not aged well or I've got all the fun out of them I can. GOG is probably banking on the bulk of the refunds being those who bought it for NEXT multiplayer, who would fall under the standard 30-day policy anyway. The cost of any other refunds to them will likely be written off in taxes and internally marked as a marketing expenditure.

41. Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 26, 2018, 18:21 RedEye9

Rigs wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 17:33:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 16:49:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 16:42:
How do you figure that's the message? If anything it's the opposite, "you can continue to do shitty things and we'll pick up the tab for goodwill publicity".

Because the announcement implies Hello Games refused to honor legitimate refund requests, and so the money came out of CDPR's pocket. GOG isn't CDPR's charity. It's a business and a profitable one at that (according to CDPR's annual meetings). They're not going to cool with some "manufacturer" producing shady products, lying to their customer base, and then refusing to honor refund requests. CDPR is likely going to bring a lawsuit against HG to recoup lost income. Thus, that ends the impunity in Hello Games' business practices; or at the very least stifles it greatly.

Ok, I'm bowin' out. It's obvious that no matter what is brought up, no matter how practical, it just isn't going to matter. You see big, bad Sean Murray out to fuck over everyone on purpose for...some reason. Even though there's plenty of evidence, should you take an unbiased look at it, that shows otherwise. I don't know why exactly GoG's version didn't have multi but the fact is you don't either and because of that you can't say for sure that it was malicious intent. You act like it's a far gone conclusion he's out to take money from whoever he can get it with any lie he can come up with even though everyone is scrutinizing just about everything they say and do because of past events. You don't seem to actually read what I say, you just launch into the same old tirade over and over again. So, whatever. I tried. Be salty. Don't play the game. Your loss.
dayum
It took you long enough to figure out that the "mode" is on another failed crusade. Nothing anyone says at this point will change his mind.
He's truly channeling Derek Smart at this point. sad

60 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo