Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Out of the Blue

Our friends from the neighborhood are back from their extended trip to Oklahoma. We are very happy to see everyone again, and the Gunnar-man has been reunited with Jedi, his doggie (mostly) bff. It's not all good news by any stretch, however, as their vacation was interrupted by a freak accident. While sitting in a park, a tree limb fell on one of the twins, hitting the boy right in the head out of the clear blue sky, so to speak. Apparently looking up at sound of the branch breaking saved his life, as he "only" suffered a skull fracture, rather than a broken neck. The good news is that he suffered no apparent brain damage, and he remains as chatty and charming as ever. But there are lots of issues with this that still must be worked out, and he's not out of the woods yet. This means most of his physical activity has to be curtailed, and it's very likely he has surgery in his future. This is all obviously very upsetting, so we're all just trying to help out as well as we can while we hope for the best. My contribution for the day is to be spending a little time with him to help with some complicated LEGO problems, which seems the definition of the least I can do, but you do what you can.

Links: Thanks Ant.
Play: Slenderman vs Freddy the Fazbear.
Stories: Necco Wafers return to dust as new owner shutters Mass. factory. Necro Wafers. Thanks Neutronbeam.
HBO Cancels Further "Thrones" Spin-Offs. Doesn't feel like bad news.
Woman Strangled, Killed Rabid Fox After It Attacked Her Leg. Thanks RedEye9.
Science: Scientists detect giant underground aquifer on Mars, raising hope of life on the planet.
Popular Grain-Free Dog Foods May Be Linked to Heart Disease. Thanks j.c.f.
Neanderthals could start their own fires, new research proves. Thanks Max.
Media: Alita: Battle Angel - Official Trailer. Thanks JDreyer.
Living on the Most Crowded Island on Earth.
Practical Engineering - Why Tunnels Don't Collapse.
Follow-up: Segway electric skates face 'hoverboard ban.'
View

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 26, 2018, 14:29 Nimh

Some friends and I used to cut vines and swing on them as kids. The first few swings were always quite telling if it was going to be a stable and fun vine. I landed on my butt one time with that ominous crack sound coming from above. Several seconds later a branch broke over my head. Luckily it was only 4-5" diameter and a little rotten. It split in half when it hit me, but I can say with certainty that it was the hardest I've even been hit in my life. And to be honest I'm probably luckily that I managed to stumble away with only a concussion.  

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jul 26, 11:34 Re: Out of the Blue VaranDragon
  3. Jul 26, 11:49  Re: Out of the Blue jdreyer
  2. Jul 26, 11:47 Re: Out of the Blue jdreyer
  5. Jul 26, 13:34  Re: Out of the Blue sauron
  4. Jul 26, 11:55 Re: Out of the Blue Cutter
  10. Jul 26, 16:15  Re: Out of the Blue Creston
  11. Jul 26, 21:08   Re: Out of the Blue Cutter
  12. Jul 26, 21:14    Re: Out of the Blue jdreyer
  14. Jul 26, 21:47     Re: Out of the Blue RedEye9
  17. Jul 27, 00:36    Re: Out of the Blue Fleche