Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

I'm not a Monster Beta Demo

A playable beta demo for I'm not a Monster is now available on Steam, offering a sample of this turn-based multiplayer tactics game with a retro science fiction setting. They are also offering rewards for those who check this out, including keys to the full version of the game, and this page has all the details on that. They offer this trailer to set up the story, though this includes no gameplay. You can keep tabs on development through the I'm Not a Monster Website, and the announcement explains the asymmetrical multiplayer this will offer. "Hunting a Monster that mirrors your human form is a challenge; any one of the players can be friend or foe! Keep your eye out and trust no one," explains Stanislav Stepchenko, Producer. "We designed the game to be enjoyed by a group of up to 6 players; we look forward to player feedback during our current beta test through steam, so we can further develop the game aligned with what our fans want. We plan to plan to launch sometime in 2H of 2018." Here's more:

About the Gameplay:
A tourist starship is under invasion by monsters. They take human form and are picking off the passengers one by one. The bravest civilians take up arms and fight back. But first, they must figure out who are the monsters.

Each PvP session features a group of up to six players, where every player is randomly assigned the role of civilian or monster, with a max. of two monsters.

If you are a civilian:

• Trust no one. Suspect everyone.
  • Watch out: infected by a monster, civilians have just a few moves to heal, or they turn into monsters themselves.
  • Check the boxes around the starship for weapons and tools.
  • Combine loot to gain a unique ultimate ability that you can use to turn the tide of battle.

If you are a monster:

• Learn your enemies' strategy and adapt to it.
  • Take part in conversations and gain civilians' trust.
  • Infect the passengers to respawn if you are disclosed and killed.
  • Infect the civilians to turn them into ones of your own.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: I'm not a Monster Beta Demo Jul 26, 2018, 10:00 Task

The retro sci-fi art is pretty spot on lol.  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: I'm not a Monster Beta Demo Jul 26, 2018, 04:37 MattyC

Cutter wrote on Jul 25, 2018, 20:58:
Too bad it's MP only I'd be all over it otherwise. Reminds me somewhat of the old RPG Paranoia.

I don't know, I feel like multiplayer is the only real way to go about something like this. Sometimes in a given game (particularly RPGs) the human/social element is what really makes it.

Mafia, for example, is logically based in a way that you could make AI for it without much trouble, but I don't think it would be very interesting to play it that way.

3. Re: I'm not a Monster Beta Demo Jul 26, 2018, 02:46 Armengar

Cutter wrote on Jul 25, 2018, 20:58:
Too bad it's MP only I'd be all over it otherwise. Reminds me somewhat of the old RPG Paranoia.

Hello citizen. How are you today? Happiness is mandatory.

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

2. Re: I'm not a Monster Beta Demo Jul 25, 2018, 22:19 SlimRam

If you say "I'm not a monster beta" really fast, it almost sounds dirty.  

1. Re: I'm not a Monster Beta Demo Jul 25, 2018, 20:58 Cutter

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo