Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Into the Black

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Into the Black Jul 13, 2018, 16:56 RedEye9

Bodolza wrote on Jul 13, 2018, 12:54:
I watched Covenant last week and found it aggressively mediocre. I, too, enjoyed Prometheus, even with it's flaws. Covenant repeats all those same flaws, throws on some extra cliches, and wraps it in an extremely predictable plot.
SPOILERS for Alien Convent follow
Hey guys, let's land on an uncharted planet and start hiking around sans helmet, what could possibly go wrong.*

Huge ship has to use a Deployable Recharging Foil to keep its batteries charged.*

*yes, I know suspension of belief is required. {wink}

https://www.lawfareblog.com/topic/russia-connection
The game’s afoot.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/fact-checker-most-repeated-disinformation/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Into the Black Jul 13, 2018, 12:54 Bodolza

I watched Covenant last week and found it aggressively mediocre. I, too, enjoyed Prometheus, even with it's flaws. Covenant repeats all those same flaws, throws on some extra cliches, and wraps it in an extremely predictable plot.  

8. Re: Into the Black Jul 12, 2018, 22:41 RedEye9

Sarah "i can see russia" Palin gets punked twice by Sasha Baron Cohen.
SBC delivers in-character response to sp
https://twitter.com/BillyWRuddick/status/1017468494936305664/photo/1

dRumpf says he feels 'unwelcome' in London due to protests
Don't worry little buddy, you're also unwelcome at home.

You can't make this shit up.

The game’s afoot.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/fact-checker-most-repeated-disinformation/

7. Re: Into the Black Jul 12, 2018, 22:19 Hoop

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 12, 2018, 22:12:
Also, who the F runs straight away from a slowly rolling giant space ship... I mean at least go perpendicular, lady.

It's Charlize Theron, she's blonde, give her a break. I'm sure Ridley was screaming through the bullhorn for her to change direction but eventually shrugged his shoulders & said Fu*k it we'll work it into the script.

As below my mentioning suspension of reality.

Um .. Behind you...

6. Re: Into the Black Jul 12, 2018, 22:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hoop wrote on Jul 12, 2018, 20:31:
Firstly can I say (admit?) to loving Prometheus, expanding on the engineers back story while returning to a mistrust of the synths found way back in Aliens (Ian Holm) along with Fassbenders performance...loved it. Well I just got to see Aliens Covenant the night before last &.....loved it.

So... you are one of the ones to blame.

I thought each movie had potential to be great, but was ruined by embarrassingly bad logic in the plot and character actions. That annoyed me the most, I could see where some decent editing and some more story work could have made each movie great, but the powers that be didn't even care, just slap on more special effects and dark filters and call it a day. Sigh.

Also, who the F runs straight away from a slowly rolling giant space ship... I mean at least go perpendicular, lady.

Great performances basically thrown into the wind of 2nd grade level plot mistakes and wasted.

*EDIT* Bonus anger points for having read all the AWESOME Aliens and Predator comics from Dark Horse back in the 90s and early 2000s even, and realizing that all these new movies for both franchises completely ignored the best stories ever written for either universe.(Or the same universe, depending on which story)

They could have turned any of the good to great comics into a movie and made a billion dollars. Wasted opportunities.

*EDIT 2* I am definitely getting the William Gibson inspired Aliens comic, of course.

5. Re: Into the Black Jul 12, 2018, 22:11 Hoop

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 12, 2018, 21:16:
The more I watch Prometheus the more I like it. (granted, it had some herr derr derp moments, "Oh, lets pet the cute cave slug")

Yeah but like any sci-fi there's a certain amount of reality suspension needed. I'm grateful they finally realised the whole expletive filled one liners delivered while hosing air ducts with flamethrowers was fleshed out enough.

Um .. Behind you...

4. Re: Into the Black Jul 12, 2018, 22:04 Hoop

jdreyer wrote on Jul 12, 2018, 20:55:
Covenant is in my NF Q, and will arrive in the next week or so, depending on how quickly I watch the current set of movies. I'm hopeful...

AC is inextricably tied in with Prometheus so I don't hold out much hope for you. Kinda like every badass black guy in the first four movies I don't see you making it through to the end.

Um .. Behind you...

3. Re: Into the Black Jul 12, 2018, 21:16 RedEye9

Firstly can I say (admit?) to loving Prometheus, expanding on the engineers back story while returning to a mistrust of the synths found way back in Aliens (Ian Holm) along with Fassbenders performance...loved it. Well I just got to see Aliens Covenant the night before last &.....loved it.
The more I watch Prometheus the more I like it. (granted, it had some herr derr derp moments, "Oh, lets pet the cute cave slug")
I rank it above Covenant.
Oddly enough they both get a B from cinemascore. That means opening night fans were not impressed with either one.

The game’s afoot.

2. Re: Into the Black Jul 12, 2018, 20:55 jdreyer

Chock full of great ideas, stars, and performances, Prometheus is sadly a train wreck with a terrible script.

Covenant is in my NF Q, and will arrive in the next week or so, depending on how quickly I watch the current set of movies. I'm hopeful...

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

1. Re: Into the Black Jul 12, 2018, 20:31 Hoop

Um .. Behind you...

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo