Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Culling 2 Launches: Players Quickly Culled

The Culling 2 officially launched yesterday on Steam, despite lingering concerns from users about the original The Culling. This offers a second bite at the battle royale apple, but according to Steam Charts, the game is already down to just a few players (thanks Gaming LYF). It shows a 24-hour peak of 26 players, and an all-time peak of 249 players, which is not going to make for many of the game's signature 25-versus-25 matches. Here's the description of the game from developer and publisher Xaviant Games:

You think you know Battle Royale? This is Battle Royale distilled into its purest form. The game mechanics, the match pacing, and the online server performance are all tuned to provide the cleanest, rawest, most visceral competition on the planet. It's everything you need and nothing you don't.

In 2016, The Culling emerged as the world's first built-from-scratch Battle Royale experience. Featuring a lush island arena, brutal melee combat, and a long list of perks to help you define your play style, The Culling offered the most intense experience many contestants had ever experienced.

The Culling 2 expands on every aspect of its predecessor: The arena is now a massive space, with 20 square kilometers in which to explore, loot, and fight. In addition to the established melee combat system, a wide range of firearms are now on offer, from 9mm pistols to high-caliber sniper rifles. All ballistics have been carefully tuned to match real-world equivalents, making for tense and tactical firefights. With 50 players, the matches are set to be fast and brutal, while still accommodating players who prefer a more cautious approach.

If you think you have what it takes, it's time to suit up and compete in the next season of the original deadly game show: The Culling 2.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: The Culling 2 Launches: Players Quickly Culled Jul 12, 2018, 18:19 Osc8r

Total of 20 people watching a terrible clone of that shitty, long forgotten h1z1 game.

Good luck with that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: The Culling 2 Launches: Players Quickly Culled Jul 12, 2018, 09:11 Prez

I'm came across this on Steam last night, and as I always do for entertainment I scanned the user reviews. Overall, very negative. Seems like fans of the first who got screwed are still a bit bitter.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

4. Re: The Culling 2 Launches: Players Quickly Culled Jul 12, 2018, 04:05 jdreyer

SlimRam wrote on Jul 11, 2018, 22:39:
Battleborn & Law Breakers: "Guess we've become the yard stick for measurement of game failure?"

The Culling 2: "Hold my beer"

I culled two beers from my fridge tonight. That's better than the "Culling 2" and cheaper to boot.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

3. Re: The Culling 2 Launches: Players Quickly Culled Jul 11, 2018, 22:50 Cutter

SlimRam wrote on Jul 11, 2018, 22:39:
Battleborn & Law Breakers: "Guess we've become the yard stick for measurement of game failure?"

Ok, I LoL'd at that!

"If you promote conformity, don't be surprised if that's what you get." - Ken Robinson

2. Re: The Culling 2 Launches: Players Quickly Culled Jul 11, 2018, 22:39 SlimRam

1. Re: The Culling 2 Launches: Players Quickly Culled Jul 11, 2018, 20:14 Jagacademy

The Culling was one of the best games I've played in the last decade and then the developers made some of the most absurd decisions I've ever seen, running it straight into the ground.

A year after going silent they release...this?! I literally saw a gameplay video of it last week, and thought it was a pre-alpha test build, not a finished product.

Some very bizzare things going on over there in Atlanta.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo