Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

LawBreakers Failure Helped Kill The Amazing Eternals

The failure of Boss Key's LawBreakers contributed to Digital Extremes' decision to put The Amazing Eternals "on hold" last year, reports PCGamesN based on a discussion with the developer. That was not the sole reason they walked away from the hero shooter, as they also realized they needed to devote more resources to their Plains of Eidolon expansion for Warframe. But the LawBreakers situation definitely impacted their thinking. "A lot of things were converging at the same time then and what we realised was that it was the right game at the wrong time," VP of publishing Meridith Braun explains. "The competitive landscape at that time was pretty hefty. We just saw LawBreakers not do so great, and it was a fantastic game, so that was sad. That happened right when we were starting our closed beta for Amazing Eternals."

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: LawBreakers Failure Helped Kill The Amazing Eternals Jul 11, 2018, 15:37 Kxmode

If only this happened during the wave of me-too MMOs a decade ago.  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: LawBreakers Failure Helped Kill The Amazing Eternals Jul 10, 2018, 17:08 PacoTaco

The law says you can't touch... but I see a lot of law breakers out there...

Has anyone found CliffyB sober enough to interview about his latest giant failure?

Trail of half eaten chicken wings, rainbow snow cones, and penis flavored waffles are the bread crumbs left in code of Lawbreakers, we just need to follow these crumbs to find Cliffy's secret lair.

3. Re: LawBreakers Failure Helped Kill The Amazing Eternals Jul 10, 2018, 14:58 DangerDog

and this would have been another generic "free" to play shooter with microtransactions for a lame card power-up system.

that said the art style in this game would have stood a better chance at competing with the over-saturated shooter market than LawBreakers.

2. Re: LawBreakers Failure Helped Kill The Amazing Eternals Jul 10, 2018, 12:36 jdreyer

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 10, 2018, 10:03:
Maybe if Digital Extremes tried do their own thing instead of cloning Overwatch 2 times in a row they might have had a better chance of success....

Lawbreakers wasn't really a clone of OW. The problem was that it was just generic and bland. We have no idea how Amazing Eternals would have done, but as I mentioned during my Lawbreakers posts, the FPS genre is pretty saturated right now and hard to break into. Good on them for not going down the "me too!" route, but it sucks to pull a game that's so complete it's in closed beta.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

1. Re: LawBreakers Failure Helped Kill The Amazing Eternals Jul 10, 2018, 10:03 eRe4s3r

Maybe if Digital Extremes tried do their own thing instead of cloning Overwatch 2 times in a row they might have had a better chance of success....  

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo