Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Legal Briefs

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 11, 2018, 06:14 Orogogus

Ozmodan wrote on Jul 10, 2018, 20:02:
Learn to read, it does clarify things. He was right, the FCC was not given the right to do that by congress. His dissent was not about net neutrality, it was just that their was no law that granted the FCC the right to do that.

People who read headlines and the comment usually end up looking foolish.

I read the case and his reasoning seems like crap to me. The majority opinion notes that there was no question about the FCC's authority when they originally classified cable broadband as an information service (while classifying DSL broadband as a telecommunications service). Kavanaugh argues that although the FCC had the right to make the original classification, it would take an act of Congress for it to go back and reclassify it. That seems like bunk to me.

Further, his dissent is also about net neutrality, no question about it. On page 20 of his dissent he talks about ISP's First Amendment right to withhold content, based on how newspapers don't have to publish every letter sent in by readers. Forcing my ISP to give me the data I'm looking for is like forcing an editorial mandate on Facebook and MSNBC, he says. It's unmitigated anti-consumer bullshit. On page 30 he goes on at length about how America's ISPs aren't in a monopoly position. The guy is just as anti-net neutrality as Ajit Pai, who promulgated the same bullshit corporate line.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 10, 2018, 20:02 Ozmodan

Learn to read, it does clarify things. He was right, the FCC was not given the right to do that by congress. His dissent was not about net neutrality, it was just that their was no law that granted the FCC the right to do that.

People who read headlines and the comment usually end up looking foolish.

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 10, 2018, 13:02 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Jul 10, 2018, 12:58:
As you'd expect when you outsource your candidate list to the Federalist Society. On the other hand, if Trump had decided himself, Michael Cohen or Jared would be on the SCOTUS.
Nah, I'd think he'd stick with someone he wants to doink like Yvanka.

unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 10, 2018, 12:58 jdreyer

As you'd expect when you outsource your candidate list to the Federalist Society. On the other hand, if Trump had decided himself, Michael Cohen or Jared would be on the SCOTUS.  

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 10, 2018, 12:01 RedEye9

We are fucked.

unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo