Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

PC Monster Hunter: World Next Month

CapCom Unity offers the promised release date announcement for the PC edition of Monster Hunter: World, saying this will come to Steam on August 9th. Word is, "You can already head over to the Steam page to pre-order your copy, which means you’ll also get the pre-order exclusive Origin Armor Set and Fair Wind Charm." They accompany the news with a PC trailer and system specifications:

RECOMMENDED
OS - WINDOWS® 7/8/8.1/10 (64-BIT required)
CPU - Intel® Core™ i3 8350 4GHz or Intel® Core™ i7 3770 3.4GHz or AMD Ryzen™ 5 1500X
Memory - 8 GB RAM
GPU - NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 (VRAM 3GB) or AMD Radeon™ RX 570X (VRAM 4GB)
Network - Broadband internet connection
DirectX - Version 11
Storage - 20 GB available space
Sound - DirectSound compatible (DirectX® 9.0c or higher)
Notes - Mouse, keyboard and game pads (both DirectInput and XInput) are supported. 30FPS at 1080p on HIGH graphic settings.

MINIMUM
OS - WINDOWS® 7/8/8.1/10 (64-BIT required)
CPU - Intel® Core™ i5 4460 3.2GHz / AMD FX™ 6300
Memory - 8 GB RAM
GPU - NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760 / AMD Radeon™ R7 260x (VRAM 2GB)
Network - Broadband internet connection
DirectX - Version 11
Storage - 20 GB available space
Sound - DirectSound compatible (DirectX® 9.0c or higher)
Notes - Mouse, keyboard and game pads (both DirectInput and XInput) are supported. 30FPS at 1080p on LOW graphic settings.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: PC Monster Hunter: World Next Month Jul 11, 2018, 09:47 Beamer

Quinn wrote on Jul 10, 2018, 18:59:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 10, 2018, 18:54:
I mean, what even is a video game if it's not exactly what I prefer?

Dude I feel too old to even play this game with you. No pun intended.

But what I meant to convey was that I feel all that's out there these days is uninspired, dumb shit. I don't even give a fuck who agrees or doesn't agree. For me, however, this hobby is dying. Even more rapidly so after last E3's reveals.

I think your age is the problem, not the games.
Games are better and more inspired now than in our past. They're harder to make and take less risks, but the polish.

Show Batman: Arkham Knight to someone from 1998 and they'd lose their mind.
Also, you're too old to say you game to "lose yourself." You're you. Being you is great. Being you with a fun game is better. Being you thinking you're actually Batman because he's on the screen in front of you is worse.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: PC Monster Hunter: World Next Month Jul 11, 2018, 08:54 Quinn

Jerykk wrote on Jul 10, 2018, 23:22:
Quinn wrote on Jul 10, 2018, 18:30:
I have watched many videos of this game in an effort to understand what's so special about it.
I still don't get it.

Running around in nature killing big monsters. Whoop-dee-fucking-doo. I am very close to losing any faith in the gaming industry. Maybe stuff like Cyberpunk and Rage 2 can help me regain some faith, but that may be too little too late for my state of mind.

Do you only play AAA games or something? There's a ton more variety in the AA and indie spaces.

I play deeply immersive games like Subnautica and Kingdom Come: Deliverance and ARPGs like Diablo 3 and Grim Dawn. Many indie games don't have that immersive aspect, imo. I play games to lose myself in them. For some, a side-scroller can do that, but not for me.

There's a "solidness" in most AAA games that some AA and Indies can achieve. But not many. I need that solidness. Sadly, I probably miss out on many games others find amazing.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

21. Re: PC Monster Hunter: World Next Month Jul 10, 2018, 23:22 Jerykk

Quinn wrote on Jul 10, 2018, 18:30:
I have watched many videos of this game in an effort to understand what's so special about it.
I still don't get it.

Running around in nature killing big monsters. Whoop-dee-fucking-doo. I am very close to losing any faith in the gaming industry. Maybe stuff like Cyberpunk and Rage 2 can help me regain some faith, but that may be too little too late for my state of mind.

Do you only play AAA games or something? There's a ton more variety in the AA and indie spaces.

20. Re: PC Monster Hunter: World Next Month Jul 10, 2018, 19:20 Sepharo

It's a bog-standard action adventure rpg like thousands before it.
Not sure why it's only now that the existence and popularity of such a game would cause you to lose faith in the industry.
You kill enemies, do missions/quests, get loot, upgrade loot, craft, eat potions and food, whatever the fuck.
Not my genre, but I don't see what's bad about it, or so much so that the industry is apparently in ruins.

19. Re: PC Monster Hunter: World Next Month Jul 10, 2018, 18:59 Quinn

Sepharo wrote on Jul 10, 2018, 18:54:

Dude I feel too old to even play this game with you. No pun intended.

But what I meant to convey was that I feel all that's out there these days is uninspired, dumb shit. I don't even give a fuck who agrees or doesn't agree. For me, however, this hobby is dying. Even more rapidly so after last E3's reveals.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

18. Re: PC Monster Hunter: World Next Month Jul 10, 2018, 18:54 Sepharo

17. Re: PC Monster Hunter: World Next Month Jul 10, 2018, 18:30 Quinn

I still don't get it.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

16. Re: PC Monster Hunter: World Next Month Jul 10, 2018, 13:16 Slashman

Jerykk wrote on Jul 10, 2018, 12:38:
intermarer wrote on Jul 10, 2018, 08:53:
What genius thought it would be a good idea to release at the same time as Battle for Azeroth? Jeez.

I'll probably get it anyway, but 60 fps cap? Come on! Smells like crappy port

August is a pretty common time to release games. Also, I don't think publishers really care about WoW. People who still play WoW tend to only play WoW so it's not like they were potential customers anyway.

This is so so true. MMO gamers should not be the target audience for games that are not MMOs.

15. Re: PC Monster Hunter: World Next Month Jul 10, 2018, 12:38 Jerykk

intermarer wrote on Jul 10, 2018, 08:53:
What genius thought it would be a good idea to release at the same time as Battle for Azeroth? Jeez.

August is a pretty common time to release games. Also, I don't think publishers really care about WoW. People who still play WoW tend to only play WoW so it's not like they were potential customers anyway.

14. Re: PC Monster Hunter: World Next Month Jul 10, 2018, 11:16 JeffD

Its an online game, messing with the code can get you banned as well as produce synch issues.  

13. Re: PC Monster Hunter: World Next Month Jul 10, 2018, 08:58 Prez

I am glad it is coming to PC, even if it is way late. If history is any indication, I'd say that modders will fix any weird port issues like frame rate caps within the first week, if not the first 24 hours.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

12. Re: PC Monster Hunter: World Next Month Jul 10, 2018, 08:53 intermarer

11. Re: PC Monster Hunter: World Next Month Jul 10, 2018, 03:25 jacobvandy

MattyC wrote on Jul 10, 2018, 02:38:
JeffD wrote on Jul 9, 2018, 22:19:
Have fun going against battle for azeroth, capcom.

Not even close to in the know on this series (played a bit of the PS2 version, but that is all), but I didn't think any of the US versions were ever close to or ever suppose to be close to MMOish? I know they have had MMO like titles, but I was under the impression that those were all Japan only.

I think he refers to them releasing less than a week apart. However, I'm not sure that matters so much anymore.

10. Re: PC Monster Hunter: World Next Month Jul 10, 2018, 02:38 MattyC

JeffD wrote on Jul 9, 2018, 22:19:

Not even close to in the know on this series (played a bit of the PS2 version, but that is all), but I didn't think any of the US versions were ever close to or ever suppose to be close to MMOish? I know they have had MMO like titles, but I was under the impression that those were all Japan only.

9. Re: PC Monster Hunter: World Next Month Jul 10, 2018, 00:48 HorrorScope

JeffD wrote on Jul 10, 2018, 00:36:
60fps caps are fine.

Well we all need to be more forward thinking, 72 should now be the minimum lock state. On everything else, I'll just wait until it's out to find out about the quality of the port. No reason to think what it might be now.

8. Re: PC Monster Hunter: World Next Month Jul 10, 2018, 00:36 JeffD

Get a load of fps man over here. You wanna know what would really bust his balls is if I told him most online games do not update even 30 times a second.

60fps caps are fine.

7. Re: PC Monster Hunter: World Next Month Jul 10, 2018, 00:26 Jerykk

Sacrifex wrote on Jul 9, 2018, 23:37:
The complete lack of care they've given the PC build is astonishing, given that they took 7 months to deal with it. I love Monster Hunter, but with what sounds like a poor port (60 FPS is minimum to get in the door - not a selling point, console title having no increase in tech but recommended specs that seem FAR too high just for 1080p30, etc...), and Denuvo to top it off, I'd rather settle for MHGU on the Switch and let this die on the vine. I couldn't be much more disappointed.

It may be the only PC Monster Hunter we get if it tanks, but, I won't pay for "it's okay, we'll do better next time, promise." I have a huge backlog already, this can wait until it's a deep-discount buy, at best - I've already waited this long.

So... you'd rather play a version that looks and runs significantly worse..?

Also, if you actually click on the CapCom Unity link, you'll see screenshots of the various video settings. They seem pretty in-depth given the apparent "lack of care."

Finally, it's pretty common for devs/publishers to overestimate their min/rec specs. It's safer than underestimating.

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 2018, 00:47.

6. Re: PC Monster Hunter: World Next Month Jul 9, 2018, 23:37 Sacrifex

The complete lack of care they've given the PC build is astonishing, given that they took 7 months to deal with it. I love Monster Hunter, but with what sounds like a poor port (60 FPS is minimum to get in the door - not a selling point, console title having no increase in tech but recommended specs that seem FAR too high just for 1080p30, etc...), and Denuvo to top it off, I'd rather settle for MHGU on the Switch and let this die on the vine. I couldn't be much more disappointed.

It may be the only PC Monster Hunter we get if it tanks, but, I won't pay for "it's okay, we'll do better next time, promise." I have a huge backlog already, this can wait until it's a deep-discount buy, at best - I've already waited this long.

5. Re: PC Monster Hunter: World Next Month Jul 9, 2018, 22:19 JeffD

4. Re: PC Monster Hunter: World Next Month Jul 9, 2018, 21:45 Kxmode

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 9, 2018, 21:00:
Wallshadows wrote on Jul 9, 2018, 20:09:
Apparently 60 fps is the cap.

Not entirely unexpected since this POS is a conslow garbage port.

I played the demo. I personally didn't like it, but it definitely wasn't a POS as you ignorantly claim it is.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo