Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

2018 Steam Top Sellers

A list of top sellers of 2018 that reveals the bestselling titles on Steam for the first half of the year (thanks PCGamesN). As with such lists in the past, they do not break down sales figures or revenue, nor do they reveal which of those is the metric for inclusion. Instead the games are categorized into Platinum, Gold, Silver, or Bronze status, and these are in no particular order, as refreshing will rearrange the list. Here's are the bestsellers listed in the platinum category:

• Kingdom Come: Deliverance
  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  • Jurassic World Evolution
  • Far Cry 5
  • PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
  • WARFRAME
  • Civilization VI
  • Rainbow Six: Siege
  • Dota 2
  • Rocket League
  • Warhammer: Vermintide 2
  • Grand Theft Auto V

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: 2018 Steam Top Sellers Jul 6, 2018, 13:33 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Jul 6, 2018, 09:49:
Jurassic World? Seriously??

People like dinosaurs... and Farmville.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: 2018 Steam Top Sellers Jul 6, 2018, 09:49 Creston

Jurassic World? Seriously??

10. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Jul 6, 2018, 05:48 Kajetan

Beamer wrote on Jul 6, 2018, 05:16:
That whole incident was driven by the developer being an asshat, anyway.
Yup. Giving an interview to Breitbart.com, wearing a Burzum-T-Shirt, was clearly meant as a provocation. Without that, the whole discussion propably would have died down a few days later.

But hey, cheap headlines!

9. Re: 2018 Steam Top Sellers Jul 6, 2018, 05:16 Beamer

Asmodai wrote on Jul 5, 2018, 21:42:
Good to see Kingdom Come doing so well despite the waaaaaaaaah over lack of "cultural diversity".

That whole incident was driven by the developer being an asshat, anyway. It wasn't the only game to have that complaint, but the one that stuck. What was the difference? Most of the time, the dev says he understands the concerns but, for some reasons, they stuck this way. This time, the dev said it was stupid and black people aren't historically accurate (objectively false, though they were quite rare.)

Notice it was hardly discussed at launch. People basically say devs should try harder. Devs say they will. Things blow over. This dev just fanned flames with obnoxious responses designed to either troll or look ignorant. Once he shut up people let it go. Reviews barely mentioned it.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

8. Re: 2018 Steam Top Sellers Jul 6, 2018, 04:44 Kxmode

Jagacademy wrote on Jul 5, 2018, 22:50:
Good to see Kingdom Come doing so well despite the waaaaaaaaah over lack of "cultural diversity".

I don't think the majority of gamers care about that.

I sure don't. I'll take realism any day of the week and thrice Sunday. Verily!

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

7. Re: 2018 Steam Top Sellers Jul 6, 2018, 03:57 Kajetan

ShakaUVM wrote on Jul 6, 2018, 03:54:
The University of Prague is using it now in their medieval studies program.
As bad example? Just kidding

6. Re: 2018 Steam Top Sellers Jul 6, 2018, 03:55 Kajetan

Jagacademy wrote on Jul 5, 2018, 22:50:
I dont think the majority of the buyers of this game even know about this incident.

5. Re: 2018 Steam Top Sellers Jul 6, 2018, 03:54 ShakaUVM

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is very historically accurate.

The only valid criticism I've seen is "The eye slots on one helm are an inch too tall because they copied a re-enactment helm instead of an actual helm from the period."

The University of Prague is using it now in their medieval studies program.

4. Re: 2018 Steam Top Sellers Jul 6, 2018, 00:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

I think people are more annoyed at the lack of historical accuracy in a game that claims to be historically accurate, but your mileage may vary. Apparently it sold well regardless.

3. Re: 2018 Steam Top Sellers Jul 5, 2018, 22:50 Jagacademy

2. Re: 2018 Steam Top Sellers Jul 5, 2018, 21:42 Asmodai

1. Re: 2018 Steam Top Sellers Jul 5, 2018, 21:20 Wallshadows

I should have bought a Warframe pack or something.

Picked up MGS5, The Forest and The Following though.

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo