Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Re-leased

THQ Nordic announces the release of Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition for Windows, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. This brings the 2009 third-person shooter and its destructible buildings to current consoles for the first time, while offering reworked textures and graphics for Windows gamers. Speaking of which, those who already own Red Faction: Guerrilla on Steam have been automatically updated to the new version, and the new version is available on GOG.com as well. You can get a look at what to expect in this trailer, and here's word:

In 2125 there is no mining your own business on Mars: The Earth Defense Force (EDF) is strong-arming everyone into work and sending the resulting hard-earned resources back to Earth. Suppression, executions, violence everywhere… it’s no wonder a famous resistance group rises once more. And you? You will be their best guerrilla fighter. Welcome to the Red Faction.

Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition is out now on PC, PlayStation®4 and Xbox One. You can get it for an SRP of 19,99 $ / 19,99 € on PC and 29,99 $ / 29,99 € on consoles.

Players who already own the 2009 version of Red Faction: Guerrilla on Steam will automatically receive the Re-Mars-tered edition for free in their accounts. From now on, these players can simply download Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered from their Steam library and start swinging their sledgehammers.

One more random fun fact about Mars (in real-life): If you weighed 200 lbs on Earth, your Mars-weight would only be 76 lbs. But don't try the "Mars-Diet" at home – we recommend neither eating only Mars bars, nor trying to lower the gravity in your neighbourhood.

Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered features:

• Fully reworked graphics – heavily reworked textures and graphic features adding, for example, specular maps
  • Improved shadow rendering
  • Improved lighting
  • Reworked shaders and postprocessing

PC performance

• Native 4k support on PC

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Re-leased Jul 5, 2018, 11:00 Creston

Bumpy wrote on Jul 4, 2018, 12:13:
Lame. So this is a free update for Steam owners only.

I see no way to get this update when I own the DVD version.

Sometimes you can activate a DVD on Steam. I'd say worth a shot?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Re-leased Jul 4, 2018, 15:09 Rigs

Was really excited to see a remaster of this and that it was free for previous owners, I enthusiastically opened STEAM to install and realized that, no, I don't have Guerrilla on STEAM, I have Armageddon. I have Guerrilla on DVD...aww dammit...

=-Rigs-=

15. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Re-leased Jul 4, 2018, 13:09 Alamar

Cutter wrote on Jul 4, 2018, 12:10:
If you think a game like this is "good" than you're easily amused. It's scheisse. All you do is drive around destroying the same/similar bases over and over again. That's it. I can't stand grindy games like this, Just Cause, etc. Yeah, you can do it in all kinds of ways but it still amounts to a virtual hamster wheel in the end.

Don't you have hundreds of hours in Civ?

14. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Re-leased Jul 4, 2018, 12:15 SMITE

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 4, 2018, 11:16:
Developer includes updated game for free to previous owners. Morans complain about the the gigabits. smh

Pro-Iraq war demonstrator reference?

Always nice to see "Morans" brought back.

13. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Re-leased Jul 4, 2018, 12:13 Bumpy

Lame. So this is a free update for Steam owners only.

I see no way to get this update when I own the DVD version.

12. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Re-leased Jul 4, 2018, 12:10 Cutter

If you think a game like this is "good" than you're easily amused. It's scheisse. All you do is drive around destroying the same/similar bases over and over again. That's it. I can't stand grindy games like this, Just Cause, etc. Yeah, you can do it in all kinds of ways but it still amounts to a virtual hamster wheel in the end.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

11. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Re-leased Jul 4, 2018, 11:55 Jivaro

If 31GB was a prob for any reason I would invest in some new storage hardware or a new pipe or whatever the source of the problem is. Games, even remasters, are easily going to be that big or bigger. I mean, financial realities aside, of course.  

10. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Re-leased Jul 4, 2018, 11:16 RedEye9

Developer includes updated game for free to previous owners. Morans complain about the the gigabits. smh  

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

9. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Re-leased Jul 4, 2018, 10:20 NKD

Reagle is a fucking retard, nothing new there.  

Welcome to the Retirement Home for Old People Terrified Of Change

8. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Re-leased Jul 4, 2018, 09:52 Xero

[VG]Reagle wrote on Jul 4, 2018, 00:09:
I could take a dump and make a better game then this....W.T.F.......

Clearly you must of never played the original upon release. It was awesome. I had too much fun in the game and constantly would reinstall in Steam to get my fix years later.

This is an unexpected nice gesture from the devs who did not have to do this at all. I did not see this coming and wouldn't have honestly cared. The fact that they did and gave it free to those that already own it in their library gives me enough reason to revisit the red planet.

Primarily playing: Witcher 3 again (2nd playthrough), MK11, Dead Cells, Turok 2, RE2

7. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Re-leased Jul 4, 2018, 09:23 Rhett

It was actually a really fun game just for the sake of destruction. But 31gb.. oof...  

6. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Re-leased Jul 4, 2018, 07:00 Reactor

El Pit wrote on Jul 4, 2018, 00:26:

So, which better games have you released?

I think he’s saying his dump would be a better game...

I’m thinking no. Dude needs a brain.

5. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Re-leased Jul 4, 2018, 00:26 El Pit

So, which better games have you released?

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

4. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Re-leased Jul 4, 2018, 00:09 [VG]Reagle

DON'T LIKE MY COMMENTS?!? THEN STOP RELEASING GARBAGE.

3. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Re-leased Jul 3, 2018, 23:31 heroin

It'd be cool if it were remarstered for VR. I fully support old games getting that treatment and charging like $25.  

2. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Re-leased Jul 3, 2018, 22:01 Cutter

Creston wrote on Jul 3, 2018, 21:21:
Many props for giving this away for free to owners of the original game.

Fewer props for making it really not look that much different, imo...

Thanks for the heads up. Didn't even notice until I looked in my Steam lieberry. 31GB? Cereal? I didn't like it enough the first time to bother reinstalling and playing it again. Meh.

I did like the choice for the Blue Danube Waltz in the video. However I would have went with Boccherini's Minuet..Spinal Tap style from Heavy Duty!

Heavy duty solo Spinal Tap - the Boccherini Minuet

Guy just nails it. And on a Flying V no less!

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

1. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Re-leased Jul 3, 2018, 21:21 Creston

Many props for giving this away for free to owners of the original game.

Fewer props for making it really not look that much different, imo...

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo