Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Sunday Tech Bits

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jul 3, 2018, 02:52 MattyC

Bumpy wrote on Jul 2, 2018, 16:26:
MattyC wrote on Jul 2, 2018, 05:12:
Anyway, that all works fine on XP+, it doesn't require 7. Unless a joke is just flying over my head here.

MS site says minimum compatibility is Win7, that was my reasoning is all.

Ah gotcha. I totally missed that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jul 2, 2018, 16:26 Bumpy

Anyway, that all works fine on XP+, it doesn't require 7. Unless a joke is just flying over my head here.

MS site says minimum compatibility is Win7, that was my reasoning is all.

5. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jul 2, 2018, 05:42 DangerDog

Classic IntelliMouse? Pft, That is the classic. I still have one of those around here (and it still works). That non-ambidextrous model came out a good bit later.

Meh. The mouse only works in modern >=7OS's.

A true classic would work in win95 if need be.

If you really want to, it will work fine in Windows 95. I don't know why you would want that, but it can be done. What I imagine you are thinking is USB wasn't supported until the second edition of Windows 98. The first edition could only enable it work the 'Gold' patch. If you worked tech support back when lots of people were still running 98, you might remember this as users tended to brick their install with it (usually a Winthough I never figured out exactly how).

Yeah that's the classic InteliMouse, guess left handed people are at a loss with the new one, yet again.

4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jul 2, 2018, 05:12 MattyC

Classic IntelliMouse? Pft, That is the classic. I still have one of those around here (and it still works). That non-ambidextrous model came out a good bit later.

If you really want to, it will work fine in Windows 95. I don't know why you would want that, but it can be done. What I imagine you are thinking is USB wasn't supported until the second edition of Windows 98. The first edition could only enable it work the 'Gold' patch. If you worked tech support back when lots of people were still running 98, you might remember this as users tended to brick their install with it (usually a Winthough I never figured out exactly how).

3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jul 1, 2018, 17:55 Bumpy

2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jul 1, 2018, 17:17 MeanJim

I still have an old MS IntelliMouse in my computer junk drawer. It's the white one with 4 buttons and the red LED on the back. It still worked when I put it in there.  

MeanJim on Steam

1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jul 1, 2018, 16:07 Capella

God please Microsoft bring back the Trackball Explorer!! I will buy at least 10 so I will never have to do without.  

"Yeah everyone's gotta have the sickness
Cause everyone seems to need the cure"

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo