Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Out of the Blue?

Happy Asteroid Day 2018, an occasion dedicated to "Raising Awareness of the Risk of Space Rocks." Hell, you don't have to tell me. I've seen Armageddon. One of the most valuable lessons that movie can teach is the risk of space rocks... along with the value of animal crackers as an aphrodisiac, and, of course, the dangers of space dementia.

R.I.P.: 'WWE Tough Enough' Winner Matt Cappotelli Dead After Cancer Battle.

Demented Links: Thanks Ant.
Play: War Simulator.
Story: Neighbors who call police on 12-year-old mowing lawn increase his business, customer says.
Science: There might be poop in the water you’re swimming in so please don’t swallow it, CDC says.
You're probably washing your hands all wrong, study says.
Space Photos of the Week: Scientists Are Seeing Red Over Jupiter’s Spot.
Images: Chris P. Pancake #FBPE on Twitter. Thanks The Flying Penguin.
Media: Engineering Student Designs "Mobile Airbag" that Deploys when your device is dropped.
Banned German Ninja Turtles Commercial.
MARIO SPORTS GAMES (Honest Game Trailers).
Follow-up: Can we talk about alcoholism and Anthony Bourdain? Thanks RedEye9.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Out of the Blue? Jul 2, 2018, 08:58 RedEye9

Blue wrote on Jul 2, 2018, 00:20:
Capella wrote on Jul 1, 2018, 16:13:
Deep Impact was 1000x better than Armageddon.

But Armageddon is always the go to reference for everyone on this. I'd say Deep Impact had less of a... now what's the phrase I'm looking for here?
answer: Liv Tyler
Never saw DI but Armageddon was a crowd pleaser.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Out of the Blue? Jul 2, 2018, 00:20  Blue 

Capella wrote on Jul 1, 2018, 16:13:

But Armageddon is always the go to reference for everyone on this. I'd say Deep Impact had less of a... now what's the phrase I'm looking for here?

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

16. Re: Out of the Blue? Jul 1, 2018, 16:13 Capella

"Yeah everyone's gotta have the sickness
Cause everyone seems to need the cure"

15. Re: Out of the Blue? Jul 1, 2018, 03:11 subx

Pigeon wrote on Jun 30, 2018, 18:06:
Lighting a cigarette like a boss and getting 2nd degree burns on your penis like a boss

Not sure what he thought was going to happen by trying to drink it, but judging by the way he flailed around still holding it I don't think thought was ever part of the equation.

Great balls of fire!

14. Re: Out of the Blue? Jul 1, 2018, 00:03 jdreyer

Brain cancer at 38? That sucks.  

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

13. Re: Out of the Blue? Jun 30, 2018, 21:13 jdreyer

Another failed thief.  

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

12. Re: Out of the Blue? Jun 30, 2018, 20:52 Mr. Tact

Wish the kid had been here to cut mine today... doing it myself in the 106 heat index sucked.

This comment was edited on Jun 30, 2018, 21:47.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

11. Re: Out of the Blue? Jun 30, 2018, 19:04 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Jun 30, 2018, 16:07:
Neighbors who call police on 12-year-old mowing lawn increase his business, customer says.

Cutting grass while black.

He needs to be fined for not having a business license, all his equipment needs to be impounded until the proper paperwork has been filed. Looks like a cash business, IRS needs to get in on this too.

10. Re: Out of the Blue? Jun 30, 2018, 18:06 Pigeon

Lighting a cigarette like a boss and getting 2nd degree burns on your penis like a boss

Not sure what he thought was going to happen by trying to drink it, but judging by the way he flailed around still holding it I don't think thought was ever part of the equation.

9. Re: Out of the Blue? Jun 30, 2018, 17:43 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Jun 30, 2018, 16:07:
Neighbors who call police on 12-year-old mowing lawn increase his business, customer says.

There's only one answer.
If you think that Mexico is only sending drug dealers and rapists,
but also worry that Mexicans are going to take your job...
What the fuck do you do for a living?

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

8. Re: Out of the Blue? Jun 30, 2018, 16:07 jdreyer

7. Can we talk about alcoholism and Anthony Bourdain? Jun 30, 2018, 15:33 SlimRam

I usually get pretty depressed when I'm out of alcohol so yeah, alcoholism induced depression is definitely a thing.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue? Jun 30, 2018, 14:38 RedEye9

I was excited for scientists possibly discovering why the red spot was red. Until I saw the definition of chromophore
an atom or group whose presence is responsible for the color of a compound
womp womp

5. Re: Out of the Blue? Jun 30, 2018, 11:21 Mr. Tact

necrosis wrote on Jun 30, 2018, 11:07:
Can we stop talking about Anthony Bourdain?
*meh* This is pretty much my spin on most "celebrities", period. If they weren't talking about him they would be talking about the Kardashins, Roseanne, or whomever. The noise is constant... 99.5% of it unnecessary and to be ignored.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

4. Re: Out of the Blue? Jun 30, 2018, 11:14 Hoop

Step 4: Scrub hands for at least 20 seconds. (Sing the alphabet song once or "Happy Birthday" twice.)
Me I prefer farting the chorus to take me out to the ball game, this usually results in applause when I need to use a public restroom.
I guess with the accoustics being better & everything.
This comment was edited on Jun 30, 2018, 11:37.

Um .. Behind you...

3. Re: Out of the Blue? Jun 30, 2018, 11:07 necrosis

"Can we talk about alcoholism and Anthony Bourdain?"

Can we stop talking about Anthony Bourdain?

2. Re: Out of the Blue? Jun 30, 2018, 10:50 RedEye9

followup Spruce Grove convenience store
tldr, he got tased (but not enough)

1. Re: Out of the Blue? Jun 30, 2018, 10:26 Wallshadows

I always wondered if they cast Buschemi for that role specifically because he looks exactly like the kind of person who would get space madness.  

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo