Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

The Crew 2 Launches

Steam News announces that The Crew 2 is now available for Windows on Steam, offering Ubisoft's motorsports game set in an open-world depiction of the U.S.A. There was an issue activating the game at first, but this has been cleared up. The recently released launch trailer offers a look at the game, and the announcement hopes to drive interest: "The newest iteration in the revolutionary franchise, The Crewģ 2 captures the thrill of the American motorsports spirit in one of the most exhilarating open worlds ever created. Welcome to Motornation, a huge, varied, action-packed, and beautiful playground built for motorsports throughout the entire US of A. Enjoy unrestrained exploration on ground, sea, and sky. From coast to coast, street and pro racers, off-road explorers, and freestylers gather and compete in all kinds of disciplines. Join them in high-octane contests and share every glorious moment with the world." Reviews for the game are starting to appear, but for now the list seems rather small:

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: The Crew 2 Launches Jun 29, 2018, 21:12 ForgedReality

Lame game is lame.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: The Crew 2 Launches Jun 29, 2018, 19:25 HoSpanky

I was amused that Polygonís review at one point just says play Forza Horizon 3 instead.

Edit: And PC Gamer's.

This comment was edited on Jun 29, 2018, 21:41.

12. Re: The Crew 2 Launches Jun 29, 2018, 19:21 Creston

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 29, 2018, 16:29:
For racing fans:

https://youtu.be/PQmSUHhP3ug

Porsche outdid it's previous 1980s record on NŁrburgring by over 50 seconds. Dash footage with digital readouts.

Saw that earlier today. I literally alternated between laughing out loud and going WTF... AAAAAHHH throughout the whole thing. The speed is insane. It's like playing a racing game and using a X2 speed cheat.

I watch a lot of production cars do laps around the Ring, and the speed difference between those and the Porsche is just absurd. Few of them make 200mph at the end of the straight, and he did it at parts of the circuit where it should just be fucking IMPOSSIBLE to go 200mph!

11. Re: The Crew 2 Launches Jun 29, 2018, 19:00 Osc8r

No point playing with friends, if you get into first place the AI enables cheats and sticks to you like glue.

No story, just lame social media bs.

Meh

10. Re: The Crew 2 Launches Jun 29, 2018, 16:29 Mordecai Walfish

For racing fans:

https://youtu.be/PQmSUHhP3ug

Porsche outdid it's previous 1980s record on NŁrburgring by over 50 seconds. Dash footage with digital readouts.

Anno is still the only game I've given money to these clowns for.

9. Re: The Crew 2 Launches Jun 29, 2018, 14:37 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Jun 29, 2018, 11:31:
We are not the target demographic.

For most games we aren't. But yeah, few are as blatant as this one.

8. Re: The Crew 2 Launches Jun 29, 2018, 14:35 eRe4s3r

sauron wrote on Jun 29, 2018, 11:33:
Creston wrote on Jun 29, 2018, 10:38:
- Worse map than before
- Still overly arcadey physics
- Even worse rubber banding.

Welp, there goes my interest.

GTA Online has this stuff figured out, so why doesnít an online-focused driving game that costs $60? Ubisoft says a December update will add PvP, but itís bewildering that they didnít launch the game with such basic multiplayer functionality.

DECEMBER! It's fucking JUNE, Ubisoft! "Hey, don't worry, we'll sort of make this into an actual game in six months or so."

Fuck these assholes.

ANother Ubisoft game (The Division) opens on one of my systems as a background process, and I can't play it. Other folks are having a similar problem. Ubi post-sales support have not been great, and it's clear their testing QA is awful.

I won't be buying any more of their games, period.

Actually had a 5 day spanning spat with Ubi Support over this issue in The Crew, their answer? Buy the expansion or bust. Same for the Division (I got both games for "free" from that free.. thing.. they had)

I will buy a Ubisoft game, only 1 (Anno 1800) but yeah...

7. Re: The Crew 2 Launches Jun 29, 2018, 12:46 CJ_Parker

Muuuuahahahahaaaa Ubi stinker got slaughtered. Right on!  

6. Re: The Crew 2 Launches Jun 29, 2018, 12:14 Creston

Darks wrote on Jun 29, 2018, 11:03:
I heard that the game is pretty boring, its really all about buying new cars and even that doesn't keep the interest levels up.

Well, the first one was kind of about that too, but at least the map was awesome, and it was fun to drive these cars around in the map. But for whatever reason they made the map LESS interesting this time around because they put fewer things to discover in it. WTF? How do you not double down on the most awesome thing from the first game??

5. Re: The Crew 2 Launches Jun 29, 2018, 11:33 sauron

- Worse map than before

GTA Online has this stuff figured out, so why doesnít an online-focused driving game that costs $60? Ubisoft says a December update will add PvP, but itís bewildering that they didnít launch the game with such basic multiplayer functionality.

DECEMBER! It's fucking JUNE, Ubisoft! "Hey, don't worry, we'll sort of make this into an actual game in six months or so."

Fuck these assholes.

ANother Ubisoft game (The Division) opens on one of my systems as a background process, and I can't play it. Other folks are having a similar problem. Ubi post-sales support have not been great, and it's clear their testing QA is awful.

I won't be buying any more of their games, period.

Kittens!

4. Re: The Crew 2 Launches Jun 29, 2018, 11:31 Cutter

Played the beta and yes it's awful for all kinds of reasons. Least of which is not the whole Dudebro chasing social media dollars angle. Ugh, it made me throw up in my mouth a little. We are not the target demographic.

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez

3. Re: The Crew 2 Launches Jun 29, 2018, 11:03 Darks

- Worse map than before

Fuck these assholes.

I heard that the game is pretty boring, its really all about buying new cars and even that doesn't keep the interest levels up.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

2. Re: The Crew 2 Launches Jun 29, 2018, 10:59 Quboid

Fuck these assholes.

What?

What??

This online racing game doesn't have online racing?

jfc...

1. Re: The Crew 2 Launches Jun 29, 2018, 10:38 Creston

- Worse map than before

Fuck these assholes.

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >