Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Out of the Blue

The weather has been pretty mild around here lately, but that's set to change, as they say a heat wave may be beginning tomorrow. Today is to be a transition day, much warmer than yesterday, but not quite sweltering yet. In the meantime we got to experience a bit of the transition in the wee hours of this morning when we were hit with a tumultuous thunderstorm that literally shook the BlueTower to its foundations. We may not be done with that yet, as there are more storms in the forecast, and the humidity is over 90%, so we're really getting into summer here now. I'm just going to try and stay cool using schadenfreude, as we currently have friends staying in Oklahoma, and my pal MrKawfy is heading down to Dallas for the weekend, and unsurprisingly, it should be even hotter in both those locales.

Warm Links: Thanks Ant.
Play: 3D Air Hockey.
Golf Wars.
Science: This novel, one-and-done flu drug could be available soon in the US.
"Find your passion" is bad advice, say Yale and Stanford psychologists.
Media: Maps reveal hidden truths of the world's cities.
The first underwater film is stranger than fiction.
Road Rager Fist Fights With SUV In Florida.
Follow-up: Disney Scores Approval To Acquire Fox.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2018, 10:19 sauron

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 28, 2018, 17:47:
sauron wrote on Jun 28, 2018, 17:36:
So I was out shopping for a pair of sneakers today, since I couldn't get the blood out of the last pair. Kind of an occupational hazard here in Mordor...
selzer water and lemon for blood, or wear red

Thank you!

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 29, 2018, 05:10 Mordecai Walfish

Meanwhile, in Canada.

Guns would have made this situation 100x less entertaining.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2018, 03:10 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 28, 2018, 17:58:
5 dead, no shortage of thoughts and prayers.
http://www.capitalgazette.com/bs-md-what-people-are-saying-20180628-story.html

Here you go.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 29, 2018, 00:33 YourNick

Wow, 74deg F 88% humidity at 12am in New York. I thought the hottest months of the year were July and August, does it get worse?!

Whoa, 87deg F 54% humidity at 12am in Dallas. Sounds worse, but heat index wise it might be similar. (Oklahoma about the same as Dallas.)

Maybe it's another heat dome https://ny.curbed.com/2016/7/28/12303196/heat-dome-new-york-east-coast

14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 28, 2018, 18:45 Mordecai Walfish

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 28, 2018, 17:00:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 28, 2018, 14:58:
anyone use protonmail? seems they have been having a massive DDOS attack and are down currently, at least for 12 hours now too. there is talk of a state-sponsored attacker
The only countries sleezy enough to do something like that would be Iraq, Israel, Egypt, Syria, USA, North Korea, USSR, Iran, China, Jordan and possibly the Principality of Liechtenstein.
ProtonMail DDoS Attacks Are a Case Study of What Happens When You Mock Attackers

fucking LOL

Hopefully this makes their service more resilient to this kind of thing, at least.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2018, 17:58 RedEye9

5 dead, no shortage of thoughts and prayers.
http://www.capitalgazette.com/bs-md-what-people-are-saying-20180628-story.html

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2018, 17:47 RedEye9

sauron wrote on Jun 28, 2018, 17:36:
So I was out shopping for a pair of sneakers today, since I couldn't get the blood out of the last pair. Kind of an occupational hazard here in Mordor...
selzer water and lemon for blood, or wear red

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2018, 17:36 sauron

Anyhow, I wandered into a store in the neighborhood, and they had kind of a crappy selection, but then I noticed they also had Dr. Marten's 1460 oxblood boots... for $19.99! Like, the original counterculture kicks, which routinely sell for $140 US. Needless to say, I picked up a pair smartish. I guess that store doesn't know what they have. The clientele is mainly in there for cheap sneakers and heels.

Anyhow, I now look even more intimidating than usual. nin would be proud. Caveat Vendor!

Kittens!

10. The first underwater film is stranger than fiction. Jun 28, 2018, 17:10 SlimRam

Right after I woke up, I read this as 'The first underwear film is stranger than fiction' and I thought to myself, "Hell, if they made a movie about my drawers it would have to be a horror flick."  

9. Re: Disney Scores Approval To Acquire Fox. Jun 28, 2018, 17:06 The Half Elf

Ok so that just leaves Spider Man in Sony arms... but but but... MARVEL WILL BE WHOLE AGAIN!  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

Currently playing: Red Dead Redemtion 2/Online, Fallout 76, Elder Scrolls Online, and about 200 other games I've never fin

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2018, 17:00 RedEye9

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 28, 2018, 14:58:
anyone use protonmail? seems they have been having a massive DDOS attack and are down currently, at least for 12 hours now too. there is talk of a state-sponsored attacker
The only countries sleezy enough to do something like that would be Iraq, Israel, Egypt, Syria, USA, North Korea, USSR, Iran, China, Jordan and possibly the Principality of Liechtenstein.
ProtonMail DDoS Attacks Are a Case Study of What Happens When You Mock Attackers

7. Disney Scores Approval To Acquire Fox. Jun 28, 2018, 16:35 SlimRam

Interestingly enough, Fox News will not be part of the merger and will become it's own entity.

While it is currently unknown what this new Fox News company will be called, many are speculating that it will simply be known as either 'The State Ran News' or 'Trump Propaganda Channel'

This comment was edited on Jun 28, 2018, 16:55.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2018, 14:58 Mordecai Walfish

I just hope he's meeting to sign a deal for the Red Engine.

edit: anyone use protonmail? seems they have been having a massive DDOS attack and are down currently, at least for 12 hours now too. there is talk of a state-sponsored attacker

This comment was edited on Jun 28, 2018, 16:10.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2018, 14:43 DangerDog

I would say that Disney can now go about ruining other SciFi franchises now like Alien and Predator but they're already pretty much worthless, the franchise cross overs are going to be amazing. Iron man vs Predator, let's put the Alien in the Star Wars universe.

Looking forward to going to Disneyplex to see all the movies that Disney releases, media monopolies are great!

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2018, 13:57 Mr. Tact

That was Rigs! (just kidding)  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2018, 12:31 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 28, 2018, 12:02:
Florida man, go figure.

Q: Why are there so many crazies in the Keys?
A: That's where the road ends.

I was going to ask Rigs why so much crazy shit happened in Florida.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2018, 12:02 RedEye9

Florida man, go figure.

Q: Why are there so many crazies in the Keys?
A: That's where the road ends.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2018, 12:01 Cutter

Have you ever seen Dallas from a DC-9 at night?

The Flatlanders - Dallas

Love that song! Only been to Dallas once and quite enjoyed it. Particularly the neighborhood they call Deep Ellum. Got a great shirt there. Everyone should go to the JFK museum.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo