Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Fallout 76 Multiplayer Trailer

Bethesda Softworks offers the introduction to multiplayer video for Fallout 76 they showed off at the Bethesda E3 Showcase. The clip is titled "You WIll Emerge," and it combines their familiar Vault Boy animations with gameplay footage. Here's word:
Multiplayer finally comes to the epic open world RPGs of Bethesda Game Studios. From the Bethesda E3 Showcase, watch the You Will Emerge introduction to multiplayer in Fallout 76. http://fallout.com

Create your character with the S.P.E.C.I.A.L system and forge your own path in a new and untamed wasteland with hundreds of locations. Whether you journey alone or with friends, a new and unique Fallout adventure awaits.

View

11. Re: Fallout 76 Multiplayer Trailer Jun 27, 2018, 11:58 Leper

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 27, 2018, 08:49:
Undocumented Alien wrote on Jun 27, 2018, 08:35:
Some of the most exhilarating moments in online gaming were fighting against PK'ers in UO. Yep, sometimes I got ganked, but beating a real life player far exceeds beating a MOB that has predefined paths and behavior.

Agree 100%. IMO UO was the best MMORPG ever made, closely followed by Vanilla WoW.

One of the reasons why that is becuse of the risk/reward factor. People also forget how important that is in modern survival shooters, and its why modern shooters (including PUBG) are so popular.

I loved UO and to further your point I'd say that the risk/reward factor was even greater in UO as you could easily lose your entire load-out and inventory contents that you spent hours collecting and organizing, but at the same time you could gain someone else's gear with the right skill and luck. Not to mention gaining a bounty for taking down a notorious PK'er. You could even sneak into other people's houses and steal all their stuff if you were stealthy and patient.

The anarchy was often upsetting but always exhilarating. I do feel bad for ganking a lot of people's stuff as I knew how bad that felt. I admit that it made the game harder to get into for new players as they could be attacked immediately out of the gate. EQ and WoW succeeded by making it a lot safer and easier for new players and there's something to be said for that too.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jun 26, 18:56 Re: Fallout 76 Multiplayer Trailer silvaril
  2. Jun 26, 22:00 Re: Fallout 76 Multiplayer Trailer Cutter
  3. Jun 27, 03:06  Re: Fallout 76 Multiplayer Trailer Armengar
  4. Jun 27, 07:03   Re: Fallout 76 Multiplayer Trailer jacobvandy
  5. Jun 27, 07:55    Re: Fallout 76 Multiplayer Trailer VaranDragon
  7. Jun 27, 08:35   Re: Fallout 76 Multiplayer Trailer Undocumented Alien
  8. Jun 27, 08:49    Re: Fallout 76 Multiplayer Trailer VaranDragon
>> 11. Jun 27, 11:58     Re: Fallout 76 Multiplayer Trailer Leper
  12. Jun 27, 12:11      Re: Fallout 76 Multiplayer Trailer VaranDragon
  9. Jun 27, 10:40    Re: Fallout 76 Multiplayer Trailer Darks