Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Fallout 76 Multiplayer Trailer

Bethesda Softworks offers the introduction to multiplayer video for Fallout 76 they showed off at the Bethesda E3 Showcase. The clip is titled "You WIll Emerge," and it combines their familiar Vault Boy animations with gameplay footage. Here's word:
Multiplayer finally comes to the epic open world RPGs of Bethesda Game Studios. From the Bethesda E3 Showcase, watch the You Will Emerge introduction to multiplayer in Fallout 76. http://fallout.com

Create your character with the S.P.E.C.I.A.L system and forge your own path in a new and untamed wasteland with hundreds of locations. Whether you journey alone or with friends, a new and unique Fallout adventure awaits.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Fallout 76 Multiplayer Trailer Jun 27, 2018, 12:11 VaranDragon

Yeah the industry quickly figured out you can't rake in the serious cash unless you cater to the carebears.

This however created a niche. Which is why games like RUST and the latest Conan game for example are able to have some measure of success.

Unfortunately big budget, open world, sprawling MMORPGs or APRGS will never again be that hardcore, or even close to it. Which is a shame really. (Case in point => Diablo3. Compared to its predecessor I swear that game is as shallow as a rain puddle).

This comment was edited on Jun 27, 2018, 13:18.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Fallout 76 Multiplayer Trailer Jun 27, 2018, 11:58 Leper

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 27, 2018, 08:49:
Undocumented Alien wrote on Jun 27, 2018, 08:35:
Some of the most exhilarating moments in online gaming were fighting against PK'ers in UO. Yep, sometimes I got ganked, but beating a real life player far exceeds beating a MOB that has predefined paths and behavior.

Agree 100%. IMO UO was the best MMORPG ever made, closely followed by Vanilla WoW.

One of the reasons why that is becuse of the risk/reward factor. People also forget how important that is in modern survival shooters, and its why modern shooters (including PUBG) are so popular.

I loved UO and to further your point I'd say that the risk/reward factor was even greater in UO as you could easily lose your entire load-out and inventory contents that you spent hours collecting and organizing, but at the same time you could gain someone else's gear with the right skill and luck. Not to mention gaining a bounty for taking down a notorious PK'er. You could even sneak into other people's houses and steal all their stuff if you were stealthy and patient.

The anarchy was often upsetting but always exhilarating. I do feel bad for ganking a lot of people's stuff as I knew how bad that felt. I admit that it made the game harder to get into for new players as they could be attacked immediately out of the gate. EQ and WoW succeeded by making it a lot safer and easier for new players and there's something to be said for that too.

10. Re: Fallout 76 Multiplayer Trailer Jun 27, 2018, 11:48 VaranDragon

Darks wrote on Jun 27, 2018, 10:40:

I can answer that, I know for a fact that myself and many other want to have control over the servers and play the game without any PVP in the game at all. We want Coop only.

We dont want to deal with grifers and asshats who want nothing more then to build the Nuke and blow everything up. That is not the game play we want nor do we want to deal with that.

Sounds like you want a lot. Why do you think you deserve that game? There are a lot of games out there that cater to your playstyle. There are very few hardcore games, where death in the game has actual consequences.

Im gonna go ahead and claim that because of vocal gamers who couldn't stand the "risk" factor and couldn't deal with the "loss" of any progress in gaming, most multiplayer RPGS or action RPGS today are so damn bland and boring.

This comment was edited on Jun 27, 2018, 12:08.

9. Re: Fallout 76 Multiplayer Trailer Jun 27, 2018, 10:40 Darks

Armengar wrote on Jun 27, 2018, 03:06:
wait till the real youtube videos showing some poor sap getting ganked by gangs.

People complain about shitty MOB AI, then complain about PVP against real players, what exactly are people looking for?

I can answer that, I know for a fact that myself and many other want to have control over the servers and play the game without any PVP in the game at all. We want Coop only.

We dont want to deal with grifers and asshats who want nothing more then to build the Nuke and blow everything up. That is not the game play we want nor do we want to deal with that.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

8. Re: Fallout 76 Multiplayer Trailer Jun 27, 2018, 08:49 VaranDragon

Some of the most exhilarating moments in online gaming were fighting against PK'ers in UO. Yep, sometimes I got ganked, but beating a real life player far exceeds beating a MOB that has predefined paths and behavior.

Agree 100%. IMO UO was the best MMORPG ever made, closely followed by Vanilla WoW.

One of the reasons why that is becuse of the risk/reward factor. People also forget how important that is in modern survival shooters, and its why modern shooters (including PUBG) are so popular.

7. Re: Fallout 76 Multiplayer Trailer Jun 27, 2018, 08:35 Undocumented Alien

wait till the real youtube videos showing some poor sap getting ganked by gangs.

I would imagine, if this scenario were to happen in RL, a person would probably get ganked by gangs, so it seems right on target.

People complain about shitty MOB AI, then complain about PVP against real players, what exactly are people looking for?

This seems like old school Ultima Online (UO) in a Fallout world. I think it's pretty awesome.

6. Re: Fallout 76 Multiplayer Trailer Jun 27, 2018, 08:30 SM0k3

Cutter wrote on Jun 26, 2018, 22:00:
Wake me when they reveal some actual real details about how MP is going to work.
NO Clip posted up a documentary where they go into great detail about the development and plans for the game. Worth a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi8PTAJ2Hjs

5. Re: Fallout 76 Multiplayer Trailer Jun 27, 2018, 07:55 VaranDragon

Jesus Christ that XBOX controlled movement is goddamn pukeworthy. If you play FPS games with a controller you are officially a moron.

Puke

Also, if you can't kill someone and take their gear, why the fuck would you even play this game?

4. Re: Fallout 76 Multiplayer Trailer Jun 27, 2018, 07:03 jacobvandy

It remains to be seen how much ganking there'll actually be... It's been flat-out stated that dying will not cause you to lose any progress, which would have to mean that you don't lose your items or anything. We see the reward in caps when you kill another player, so there is some incentive, but there's not a lot of grief when all you cause them to do is respawn back at their base or wherever.

3. Re: Fallout 76 Multiplayer Trailer Jun 27, 2018, 03:06 Armengar

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

2. Re: Fallout 76 Multiplayer Trailer Jun 26, 2018, 22:00 Cutter

Wake me when they reveal some actual real details about how MP is going to work.

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez

1. Re: Fallout 76 Multiplayer Trailer Jun 26, 2018, 18:56 silvaril

Heya

More of the E3 presentation served up bite sized.

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >