Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Out of the Blue

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2018, 10:29 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Jun 25, 2018, 14:35:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 25, 2018, 11:07:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 24, 2018, 13:32:
White House Ethics Chief: Sanders' Tweet on Restaurant Eviction Violates the Law
typical
*sigh* The left can shoot itself in the foot as well as the right.

While her tweet is probably an ethics violation because it is an official account.
Yes, she is a loser, a liar, and lots of other things I won't bother to list.
As Beamer pointed out, "asshole" is not a protected class so legally the restaurant is fine. That doesn't mean it was an astute thing to do, as there have been and will be consequences. Still, I think it's awesome that someone calls her out on her bullshit. The president is an unrepentant liar, racist, and misogynist, and no ethical self-respecting person or Christian should be working for him.
^This guy get's it.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 25, 2018, 15:06 Mr. Tact

Excellent point, one is a protected class and the other isn't. Listen, we are on the same "side", I agree with JD:
The president is an unrepentant liar, racist, and misogynist, and no ethical self-respecting person or Christian should be working for him.
Although his wording is a bit sloppy, Christians aren't self respecting people? Just kidding.

Still, refusing to serve someone at a public business for their political stance seems to be a step onto the infamous "slippery slope".

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 25, 2018, 14:49 Beamer

White House Ethics Chief: Sanders' Tweet on Restaurant Eviction Violates the Law
typical

While her tweet is probably an ethics violation because it is an official account. The conservatives win this battle. Kicking Huckabee out of the restaurant because of her political views is easily as bad as the baker refusing to bake a cake for a gay couple/wedding.

Yes, she is a loser, a liar, and lots of other things I won't bother to list. This does not give public business owners cause to refuse service.
As Beamer pointed out, "asshole" is not a protected class so legally the restaurant is fine. That doesn't mean it was an astute thing to do, as there have been and will be consequences. Still, I think it's awesome that someone calls her out on her bullshit. The president is an unrepentant liar, racist, and misogynist, and no ethical self-respecting person or Christian should be working for him.

I like how she did it. Quietly, respectfully. Her quotes, when asked, are all pretty solid. She wasn't trying to get attention or headlines. She didn't brag about it. She wasn't the one that took this story public. She was just a small business owner that wanted to protect her employees.

I'd still have supported it had it been an obnoxious gloryhound, but I'd be less happy about it.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 25, 2018, 14:35 jdreyer

typical

While her tweet is probably an ethics violation because it is an official account. The conservatives win this battle. Kicking Huckabee out of the restaurant because of her political views is easily as bad as the baker refusing to bake a cake for a gay couple/wedding.

Yes, she is a loser, a liar, and lots of other things I won't bother to list. This does not give public business owners cause to refuse service.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 25, 2018, 13:55 Beamer

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 25, 2018, 11:10:
I meant in a legal sense. While it might be more objectionable to refuse service due to someone's sexual orientation as opposed to someones opinions which are clearly a matter of choice -- I suspect legally they are the same.

Homosexuality is a protected class. Republican/Conservative/Jackass (these are not necessarily the same, and I'm not saying all of one is the others) isn't. You're free to refuse people for not liking them, so long as the conditions you judge them for have nothing to do with how they're born, amongst a few others.

Which, I suppose, is ultimately arbitrary, but it's kind of how it works now, and I think it works pretty well. It leaves you judging solely for words and actions (althoug hI'll admit that plenty of anti-gay activists would argue that they dislike gay people for their actions...)

This is a long, hopefully not condescending, way to say I think what happened was fine.

-------------

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 25, 2018, 11:10 Mr. Tact

I meant in a legal sense. While it might be more objectionable to refuse service due to someone's sexual orientation as opposed to someones opinions which are clearly a matter of choice -- I suspect legally they are the same.  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 25, 2018, 11:08 Beamer

typical

Why is it as bad?
Gay people can't help but be gay. Huckabee Sanders, however, can easily choose not to defend the policies she defends.

As someone else said somewhere else, she was judged not for the color of her skin (or any other way she was born), but for the content of her character.

-------------

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 25, 2018, 11:07 Mr. Tact

typical

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2018, 20:16 Mr. Tact

I'm really looking forward to the day after Trump leaves office for many reasons but one of the smaller ones is to simply see how many tell all books get published in the following six months...  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2018, 18:09 DangerDog

typical

Don't separate Sarah from her meal.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2018, 17:41 Linthat22

SlimRam wrote on Jun 23, 2018, 13:59:
Vinnie Paul, drummer for Pantera, Damageplan and Hellyeah died today at 54. The cause has not been released. He was the brother of guitarist Darryl 'Dimebag' Abbott who was killed by a deranged fan while playing live onstage in 2004.

Such a fucking tragedy, but at least he's with his brother now.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2018, 16:47 jdreyer

Huh, late update. Hope Blue is out having fun somewhere.  

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2018, 16:45 sauron

jdreyer wrote on Jun 24, 2018, 14:08:
sauron wrote on Jun 24, 2018, 10:48:
Knowing my Knicks he will have plenty of time to play Fortnite every April when the playoffs roll around.

PTA auction:

1st prize: Tickets to a Knicks game.
2nd prize: Tickets to 2 Knicks games.
Booby prize: Season tickets.

Yes, I am also a Knicks fan. And yes, they really are that bad.
Don't you evil sorcerers have dark magicks that can clone Patrick Ewing and keep him forever young?

Tried it. Turns out the clones can't jump, or shoot. Stupid necromancy....

Plus, I suspect the Knicks already tried this route. I mean, isn't Dolan a well-recognized lich?

Kittens!

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2018, 14:08 jdreyer

sauron wrote on Jun 24, 2018, 10:48:
Knowing my Knicks he will have plenty of time to play Fortnite every April when the playoffs roll around.

PTA auction:

Don't you evil sorcerers have dark magicks that can clone Patrick Ewing and keep him forever young?

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2018, 13:32 RedEye9

typical

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2018, 10:54 Creston

That's a funny goose video. Damn that thing has a lot of courage. I mean, they're cows, but still. That cow is like twenty times larger than itself.

We have a bunch of geese at work, pieces of shit, they've attacked people, shit all over the sidewalk right near the doors etc. One guy at work, who I shit you not is a genuine martial arts instructor, got attacked by one of them one day, and he just front kicked it straight in the beak. Not hard or anything, just to get it to back the fuck off. It was pretty funny.

11. Re: hot dog water Jun 24, 2018, 10:49 Creston

Rectal Prolapse wrote on Jun 23, 2018, 16:17:
It's been years and years since I've had hot dog water. Anyone know a decent recipe?

Sure:

1) Take a pan of plain water.
2) Dump ten hot dogs in it.
3) Boil for ~ 8 minutes.
4) Remove and discard hot dogs.

Drink hot or wait for it to cool off as desired.

Enjoy!

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2018, 10:48 sauron

PTA auction:

Kittens!

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2018, 22:47 Pigeon

Further proof that all animals know geese a jerks.  

8. Re: Jun 23, 2018, 19:17 Rectal Prolapse

Touche!  

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo