Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

World of Warcraft Welcome Back Weekend

This is a Welcome Back Weekend for World of Warcraft, offering a free relapse for those who have recovered from Blizzard's MMORPG. Here's word:

GET BACK IN THE FIGHT
Battle for Azeroth™ fast approaches and you're needed back on the front lines. This weekend only, we're upgrading all inactive WoW accounts to allow you full access to the game and all your characters without a subscription*.

Rejoin your guild, rally your comrades and get back in the fight.

RETURN FREE

New to World of Warcraft? Get the free Starter Edition

*Offers available through June 24, 2018. Player is responsible for any online connection fees. Game access will be granted at the last expansion purchased, or Warlords of Draenor, whichever is greater.

View
7. Re: World of Warcraft Welcome Back Weekend Jun 23, 2018, 19:04 Alamar

Jagacademy wrote on Jun 22, 2018, 15:07:
I intended to resub to WoW in order to level a new character to 110 before the expansion is released. (I know you get 1 free 110 at release, but I want a Monk and Paladin)

Low and behold, I found out just a couple months ago Blizzard made leveling significantly more time consuming than ever before. Monsters were buffed to take much longer to kill, dungeon experience was neutered, heirlooms were nerfed. There are literally 1,000's of posts from outraged people saying it's a mind numbing chore now, and they gave up not even halfway through. (with a corresponding number of people theorizing they did this on purpose in order to sell high level character unlocks)

I might log in this weekend just to see how much heirloom gear I can actually get, and to see if some names are available.

Like any change... The low level scaling change had some good and some bad... Some of the good is that you can keep questing in a zone until you're done with the zone, and won't be considerably higher level (especially when you were throwing some Dungeon queues in the mix).

Some of the bad is as mentioned:
- Heirlooms were slightly nerfed... The max is now +50% xp, where with all the pieces, it was +60% or so, if you were able to get the less common pieces (like rings).
- Mobs were buffed, so they couldn't be ridiculously steamrolled, especially with Heirlooms. They take longer, and for some, that's a pro, but for most, it's just a grind. 100 levels just to get 'to the good stuff' takes too damn long even without this change.
- Dungeons didn't feel any different for me... Dungeon quests is where all the action is, and you have access to a crap ton of dungeons in your level range (BC/LK overlap, Cata/MoP overlap). The wife powered me through a bunch of dungeons, and even without the dungeon quests, the dungeon bonus xp made it worth it.... If you're a tank or healer (no/low queue), you'd run through these almost as fast anyways.

I won't argue the whole 'They added this to make money on boosts', because, it's tired... It's been said about that feature every few months, for like every addition to the game for years... What's new this time, is that with Allied races, they gave a reason for people to level them (starting at 20) to max without a boost (Racial heirloom gear).

Having said all that... I ran out of steam at the start of WoD, which is still easy/quick to lvl through with just collecting treasure.. I afk leveled him to 95 just doing that with the first zone, and logging in occasionally for XP Garrison missions. I used to love leveling, and could do it super fast (questing), but I just can't do that shit now I guess ; )

Anyhow... That's my ramble... I also hope for an XP lucrative pre-launch event, because I also deleted/remade/maxed like 5 or so chars during Legion Pre-Launch...

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jun 22, 12:41 Re: World of Warcraft Welcome Back Weekend GinRummy
  2. Jun 22, 15:07 Re: World of Warcraft Welcome Back Weekend Jagacademy
>> 7. Jun 23, 19:04  Re: World of Warcraft Welcome Back Weekend Alamar
  3. Jun 22, 16:47 Re: World of Warcraft Welcome Back Weekend Mr. Tact
  4. Jun 22, 19:57  Re: World of Warcraft Welcome Back Weekend Frijoles
  5. Jun 22, 20:00 Re: World of Warcraft Welcome Back Weekend KS
  6. Jun 23, 07:33 Re: World of Warcraft Welcome Back Weekend Jonjonz

footer

Blue's News logo