Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Space Invaders Extreme Demo

Steam now offers a playable demo for Space Invaders Extreme, the recently released update to the seminal arcade shooter series (thanks DSOGaming). The description of the demo is extreme in its brevity:
The critically acclaimed update to the Space Invaders franchise is here to invade Steam with greatly improved graphics and audio!

Packed with pulsing, vibrant visuals enhanced further by interactive sound. The invaders have evolved, the question is: can you keep up?

This version includes 2 stages to play. Leaderboard functionality is not included.
View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Space Invaders Extreme Demo Jun 16, 2018, 02:59 bigspender

You're telling me they remade Space Invaders and didn't include a BattleRoyal or MOBA mode?  

7. Re: Space Invaders Extreme Demo Jun 15, 2018, 22:59 Rigs

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 15, 2018, 18:51:
Hoop wrote on Jun 15, 2018, 14:19:
Either way how do you replicate the pressure of five smelly peers looking over your shoulder ready to crown you king or cut you down with sneers, *click* another twenty cent piece pushes along the glass.
Shit.

Holy shit, does that bring back memories!

Although in the US it was 25 cent pieces, quarters.

Also from that same time period, jackasses losing in Street fighter or other fighting games would bump into you constantly with their shoulder, etc.

Having moved down to FL in '93, a friend from the old country (Jersey) came down to see me and when taking him back to his parents summer home on the East Coast, my parents stopped for lunch in a rather quiet mall which had an equally quiet (ie dead) arcade. My friend and I were the only ones there. He was a Street Fighter 2 fanboi, that's all I heard out of him...well, until he found Final Fantasy 6 (3? 4? I don fuckin' know! The last one to come out on the SNES) and then later on, Diablo. I, however, really couldn't care less about SF2. But then my gaze settled on something that blew me away, something I felt heralded the future of gaming - Virtua Fighter! About $15 in quarters, 25 minutes and a very stiff and aching wrist later, my parents had to drag me out of there. Then it was I who couldn't shut up about a fighting game. And it was my friend who couldn't care less.

Good times...good times... Nod

=-Rigs-=

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Space Invaders Extreme Demo Jun 15, 2018, 19:50 RaZ0r!

womp....womp.....womp.....womp....pew...womp...pew pew...womp...womp... WOO WOO WOO WOO...pew....womp....womp  

5. Re: Space Invaders Extreme Demo Jun 15, 2018, 18:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hoop wrote on Jun 15, 2018, 14:19:
Either way how do you replicate the pressure of five smelly peers looking over your shoulder ready to crown you king or cut you down with sneers, *click* another twenty cent piece pushes along the glass.
Shit.

Holy shit, does that bring back memories!

Although in the US it was 25 cent pieces, quarters.

Also from that same time period, jackasses losing in Street fighter or other fighting games would bump into you constantly with their shoulder, etc.

4. Re: Space Invaders Extreme Demo Jun 15, 2018, 16:15 Prez

Bumpy wrote on Jun 15, 2018, 13:11:
Meh. They could of done a lot more with this but chose not to.

I'll go play an emulator of the real game instead.

Haha about a year ago I played an emulated version of Space Invaders and it's amazing how addicting the game still is. Perfection in simplicity.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

3. Re: Space Invaders Extreme Demo Jun 15, 2018, 14:19 Hoop

Shit.

Um .. Behind you...

2. Re: Space Invaders Extreme Demo Jun 15, 2018, 13:11 Bumpy

Meh. They could of done a lot more with this but chose not to.

I'll go play an emulator of the real game instead.

1. Re: Space Invaders Extreme Demo Jun 15, 2018, 12:20 HorrorScope

Just played the demo, really going with that ultra-low pixel count? I get retro but that is just too juvenile. Also plays a lot like an I-win game and not like original in that way. Fairly disappointed that they felt this was what we'd want in a SI extreme.

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 2018, 12:59.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >