Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Destiny 2 Forsaken Gambit Trailer

Bungie offers this new trailer showing off Gambit, the new gameplay mode coming to Destiny 2 in the Forsaken expansion for the first-person shooter. The clip comes with the following explanation of why they call this a hybrid mode:

Gambit is a 4v4 hybrid mode that merges PvE and PvP experiences into an epic battle. It's a new way to play Destiny 2, offering something for all players to enjoy, appealing to those who thrive on the competition and unpredictable elements of PvP gameplay, while seamlessly blending the collaborative and cooperative elements of PvE.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Destiny 2 Forsaken Gambit Trailer Jun 14, 2018, 16:36 Flatline

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 13, 2018, 13:14:
I look at this and think.. WHy not a horde mode? it would be so easy to do and fun.

Escalation Protocol is a crazy intense horde mode.

It needs some TLC. Right now it's hard to beat unless you get as many of the 10 guardians per instance as you can to participate. If they could shelter it off from the main map and allow a 10 man fireteam it'd be pretty badass.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Destiny 2 Forsaken Gambit Trailer Jun 13, 2018, 15:52 Rhett

This + that Escalation Protocol sound/look pretty cool.. I want to play again, but all the DLC milking... ugh.  

6. Re: Destiny 2 Forsaken Gambit Trailer Jun 13, 2018, 15:50 Tipsy McStagger

Nullity wrote on Jun 13, 2018, 13:18:
I look at this and think.. WHy not a horde mode? it would be so easy to do and fun.
They added a horde-like mode with the last DLC, Warmind. It's called Escalation Protocol.

Well at least we're on the same page then.. I haven't played D2 since week 3 of release. Was so butthurt by how badly they milked it from Destiny 1 into this horrible mess.

5. Re: Destiny 2 Forsaken Gambit Trailer Jun 13, 2018, 14:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

So, this is like the worst aspect of Dark Souls, brought into Destiny 2?

Invasion by PvPers, messing up the nice PvE experience. It actually sounds a little interesting, although I've pretty much already given up on Destiny 2.

4. Re: Destiny 2 Forsaken Gambit Trailer Jun 13, 2018, 13:18 Nullity

They added a horde-like mode with the last DLC, Warmind. It's called Escalation Protocol.

3. Re: Destiny 2 Forsaken Gambit Trailer Jun 13, 2018, 13:14 Tipsy McStagger

2. Re: Destiny 2 Forsaken Gambit Trailer Jun 13, 2018, 12:31 Nullity

I don't like PvP, but this could be fun. The PvP portions are minimal, and I can just remain on my side.  

1. Re: Destiny 2 Forsaken Gambit Trailer Jun 13, 2018, 11:14 Prez

I have to admit, they came up with some interesting mechanics for this mode. I suck at killing other Guardians though - I think my Crucible K/D ratio is 1 kill for every 50 deaths.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo