Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Cthulhu Trailer

The E3 trailer for Call of Cthulhu unveils more of the horrors in Call of Cthulhu, Cyanide Studios' upcoming videogame adaptation of the tabletop adaptation of the works of H.P. Lovecraft. The accompanying description has more on the video and game itself:

Call of Cthulhu, the official videogame inspired by Chaosium’s classic pen and paper RPG, today defines madness in its heart-pumping E3 Trailer! Uncover the chilling mysteries of this Narrative RPG game, descending deep into a world of cosmic horrors, creeping madness, and shrouded Old Gods within Lovecraft’s iconic universe.

1924. Private Investigator Edward Pierce is sent to investigate the tragic death of the Hawkins family in their imposing mansion on the isolated Darkwater Island, off the shores of Boston. Between unfriendly locals and dubious police reports, it becomes clear there’s more to the case than meets the eye. Soon enough, Pierce is plunged into a terrifying world of conspiracies, cultists, and cosmic horrors…

In this world, nothing is as it seems. Sanity is an irregular bedfellow, all too often replaced by the whisperings in the dark. Strange creatures, weird science, and shadowy cults dominate the Cthulhu Mythos, intent on realizing their mad schemes to bring about the end of everything. Your mind will suffer - balancing a razor-thin line between sanity and madness, your senses will be disrupted until you question the reality of everything around you. Trust no one. Creeping shadows hide lurking figures… and all the while, the Great Dreamer prepares for his awakening.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Call of Cthulhu Trailer Jun 13, 2018, 13:43 Bopper

Cyanide has a spotty history making average games at best but I am hopeful for this.  
- Boppa
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Call of Cthulhu Trailer Jun 13, 2018, 13:20 saluk

It's Cyanide, so hello shovelware. I'd love for it be good, I really enjoy the fantasy flight games (especially the arkham lcg), but I think a different studio would have to be at the helm.

Also still waiting for somebody to remaster dark corners of the earth. That was an underrated gem.

4. Re: Call of Cthulhu Trailer Jun 13, 2018, 11:58 MacLeod

Cutter wrote on Jun 13, 2018, 11:35:
I'm down with the sickness.

That's usually what gets the protagonist or investigator turning into a frog-man at the end of the story in a Cthulhu story... :p

3. Re: Call of Cthulhu Trailer Jun 13, 2018, 11:35 Cutter

Looking forward to Sunken City more but I'm down for this. I'm down with the sickness.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

2. Re: Call of Cthulhu Trailer Jun 13, 2018, 11:22 MacLeod

Bill Borre wrote on Jun 13, 2018, 10:58:
So this is like Amnesia The Dark Descent with better graphics?

Well, and it seemingly is an RPG, with actual people to interact with, so quite a bit of difference.

If you mean the sanity thing, that was a staple of the Call of Cthulhu pen and paper game long before Amnesia.

1. Re: Call of Cthulhu Trailer Jun 13, 2018, 10:58 Bill Borre

So this is like Amnesia The Dark Descent with better graphics?  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo