Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Tech Bits

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 13, 2018, 08:52 Pigeon

Just because Grandpa drove his í98 Buick LeSabre onto the track doesnít mean heís actually part of the race.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 13, 2018, 07:32 Ozmodan

This is just funny. I guess they like to tilt at windmills. If I were an investor, I would certainly look for another company to invest in. This will not turn out well.  

6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 13, 2018, 00:25 Mordecai Walfish

HoSpanky wrote on Jun 12, 2018, 20:10:

Also that Raja dood looks like he found a joke moustache and put it on for the photo. Itís super unflattering.

I believe his full name is Raja "You really don't want to see what I look like without this 'stache" Dood.

It is kind of a molestache tho.

†††††††††
"What do I want? I don't really know. Most of the time I ignore my quest and walk into the homes of others, riffling through people's shelves... oooh, like those over there!"

5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 12, 2018, 23:46 Agent.X7

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 12, 2018, 22:48 DangerDog

and then six months after they release their graphics card they'll discontinue driver support.

no thanks.

3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 12, 2018, 21:51 CJ_Parker

I'm sure that Intel is very interested in and also capable of coughing up something competitive in the pro sector but I'm not sure why many people seem to believe that they also want a piece of the consumer dGPU market. Seems like total wishful thinking to me.

Intel definitely seems to be interested in nVidia's high end, high margin datacenter, deep learning, AI, automotive, professional GPU computing business but I very much doubt that they care about the relatively low margin dGPU consumer market.

Entering that market would cost many, many billions up front in R&D, production, establishing a board partner and retail network and immense marketing costs.
Any ROI would probably take years to materialize. That just seems very unlikely. I'm sure they only want a part of the pro pie and lower end APUs, of course.

2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 12, 2018, 20:25 Mr. Tact

My sister has worked for Intel for almost 20 years now. Based on their management history I find it difficult to believe they'll be able to sustain the push that would be required to actually become a player in this market.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 12, 2018, 20:10 HoSpanky

Iíll believe it when I see it. Intel seems woefully far behind in this race to begin with, but maybe theyíll pull off something impressive.

Also that Raja dood looks like he found a joke moustache and put it on for the photo. Itís super unflattering.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo