Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Into the Black

Link of the Day: Bollards Save Lives. Someone really likes donuts.

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: Into the Black Jun 12, 2018, 23:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

Man, the real takeaway for me is how that lady utterly froze, didn't run/jump out of the way or anything. Obviously it's an insanely high stress situation, and she lucked out, being behind the barricade, but still. I'd like to think I'd see that truck and be sprinting my ass off back the way I came.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Into the Black Jun 12, 2018, 22:51 Mr. Tact

Uh, it was a drunk idiot. That's the story behind it...

A quick Google says it is British and likely related to bole, meaning a tree trunk.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

1. Re: Into the Black Jun 12, 2018, 20:04 Cutter

Jesus Christ that couple would have been dead if not for those things, though it looks like the concrete blocks took most of the brunt of it. Still that was really weird they were all right there and the truck managed to hit that exact spot. I wonder if the guy was aiming for it? Did his brakes go out? Why was he moving so fast? What's the story behind all this? And I did not know they were called bollards. Why are they called bollards? Inquiring minds want to know!!!

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo