Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Destiny 2: Forsaken Story Trailer

The E3 2018 Trailer from Destiny 2: Forsaken offers a story reveal for the upcoming expansion for Bungie's shooter sequel. The description includes new detail on what to expect from Forsaken in September:

Take justice into your own hands as you venture into a new frontier filled with enemies, allies, and untold mysteries and treasures waiting to be uncovered. The hunt is on.

Destiny 2: Forsaken arrives September 4. Pre-Order and get Cayde’s Exotic Stash.

The Reef has fallen to lawlessness, and now the most-wanted criminals in the galaxy – the Barons & Uldren Sov – have organized a jailbreak at the Prison of Elders. You and Cayde-6 have been sent in to bring law and order back to the embattled facility, but things do not go to plan. Facing insurmountable odds, Cayde-6 ends up paying the ultimate price. Beyond the Vanguard’s authority, you’ll venture into the Reef alone and take justice into your own hands. Explore new regions, awaken new powers, earn a wealth of new weapons, and uncover lost Awoken secrets. The hunt is on.

• Hunt Down the 8 Barons and their Crew
  • Two New Destinations: The Tangled Shore and The Dreaming City
  • A Brand-New Raid
  • Introducing Gambit, a 4v4 Competitive PvE Mode
  • Wield New Powers with Nine Additional Supers
  • Collect New Exotic Weapons, Armor, and Gear
  • All-New Weapon Archetype, Legendary Bow
  • New Story Missions, Adventures, Destination Activities, and more

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Destiny 2: Forsaken Story Trailer Jun 13, 2018, 00:05 ^Drag0n^

While Destiny surely suffered from post-partem issues that were a result of the splitting of the staff between Bungie and Microsoft, and the abortion of a *story* they had in year one was clearly due to tossing aside the work of Joe Staten six months before launch, the core gameplay always just felt natural and instinctive.

I'm old school. Doom, Quake, and UnReal were never thick on plot--they were all about the mechanics of the game, so lack of in-game story never bothered me.

Destiny remains the only console shooter that even begins to feel natural to me in terms of controls and movements. The story just never really mattered to me because that's not why I played it.

I probably have wasted more time Raiding, running crucible, and chasing exotics because it was fun to do with my friends than i ever did in Quake. It was just like Quakeworld used to be...a social experience as much as a game (did Quake even have a story?)

All that said, if they do this, it literally shoots at the "heart" of the game. Nathan Fillion was the one piece of levity that I always enjoyed--even if half the shit he said made no sense. I remain cautiously optimistic. This could be a turning point for the game and for Bungie...if they handle it right.

Regardless, I'll know I'll be on the quest to reclaim Ace of Spades from Uldren.

When a Hunter takes up the cloak of a fallen comrade, this is a vow.

Oh, and make that damn "Eat a sandwich" exotic emote, Bungie. I plan on using it after I cap Uldren's ass. Because that's what hunters do.

^D^

This comment was edited on Jun 13, 2018, 01:31.

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Destiny 2: Forsaken Story Trailer Jun 12, 2018, 16:22 Graham

Darks wrote on Jun 12, 2018, 10:34:
Destiny was fun for a while but this story makes no sense at all. There was never any talk in the past games or lore that I recall about them ever taking prisoners. Its always been kill or be killed in this universe.

So this add on makes no sense to me.

Literally one of the expansions was focused directly on the Prison of Elders. It was, like, the thing you did for about six months.

Not sure if you had a head injury or just did a lot of drugs during that time, but it was totally a thing during the House of Wolves - it tied directly into the final mission of the story in that expansion, where Skolas was captured and taken there.

7. Re: Destiny 2: Forsaken Story Trailer Jun 12, 2018, 14:54 Tipsy McStagger

Moog wrote on Jun 12, 2018, 14:12:
Destiny2 has been a massive disappointment and this is not renewing my faith in Bunghole!

We're all suckers who fell for Destiny 1 bullshit in destiny 2.. Hopefully they announce Destiny 3 very shortly and everyone doesn't buy it because they wised up.....

LOL YEAH RIGHT.. gamers are stupid and they'll buy into more bullshit.

6. Re: Destiny 2: Forsaken Story Trailer Jun 12, 2018, 14:12 Moog

and you *have* to buy the first 2 DLC before you can buy this new one!

Destiny2 has been a massive disappointment and this is not renewing my faith in Bunghole!

5. Re: Destiny 2: Forsaken Story Trailer Jun 12, 2018, 13:43 Flatline

aka_STEVE wrote on Jun 12, 2018, 11:18:
So the last 2 add-ons have been poorly received & fairly lite on content .... so the answer is to sell us on another story upload ?

hhm ?, Ok

Warmind had a reasonable amount of content. The campaign was short but between escalation protocol and all the little goodies and unlocks thrown in it's turning out to be fun. It also lined up with the exotics weapons pass and that was part of it. Overall I was fine with Warmind.

Curse of Osiris was insulting because half of the content was locked behind the same 3 or 4 missions (The infinite forest). Mercury itself is painful when it's a flashpoint because there's only one public event and the map is the size of a walnut shell.

4. Re: Destiny 2: Forsaken Story Trailer Jun 12, 2018, 11:18 Darks

Prez wrote on Jun 12, 2018, 11:06:
Given the length of time Destiny 2 has suffered from a dearth of content the asking price for this is making it a tough sell for me. Especially after what they charged for the 2 DLC they've released so far considering how relatively little content they added. It sucks because Destiny 2 is a great game in a great universe at its core.

That exactly, This really should have fallen under the season pass. So, yea this is a very tough sell for me.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

3. Re: Destiny 2: Forsaken Story Trailer Jun 12, 2018, 11:18 aka_STEVE

So the last 2 add-ons have been poorly received & fairly lite on content .... so the answer is to sell us on another story upload ?

hhm ?, Ok

2. Re: Destiny 2: Forsaken Story Trailer Jun 12, 2018, 11:06 Prez

Given the length of time Destiny 2 has suffered from a dearth of content the asking price for this is making it a tough sell for me. Especially after what they charged for the 2 DLC they've released so far considering how relatively little content they added. It sucks because Destiny 2 is a great game in a great universe at its core.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

1. Re: Destiny 2: Forsaken Story Trailer Jun 12, 2018, 10:34 Darks

Destiny was fun for a while but this story makes no sense at all. There was never any talk in the past games or lore that I recall about them ever taking prisoners. Its always been kill or be killed in this universe.

So this add on makes no sense to me.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo