Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2018, 18:20 Wallshadows

Cutter wrote on Jun 12, 2018, 17:33:
3 points? That's it? You could have been averaging 10% by investing it plus the compounding from front end loading, or even better in a DRIP. I'd say they owe you more, especially considering they shouldn't have been taking it to begin with. They certainly made more money on it than you did. Sup to you but I'd consult with a lawyer at least. Won't cost you anything except a few minutes of your time. You may be entitled to a good deal more.

Looks like they've been taking about 6.45% interest from me so I'll see about getting a consultation with the local firm since they specialize in a ton of fields.

This comment was edited on Jun 12, 2018, 19:07.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2018, 17:33 Cutter

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 12, 2018, 13:33:
Cutter wrote on Jun 12, 2018, 13:10:
How much did they overcharge you and what interest did they pay on it? You may want to talk to a lawyer. Could be they owe you a lot more - possible penalty - and are just hoping you'll take it and not ask questions. Ask questions.

Broken down it's $3,394.78 in premiums and an additional amount of $596.81 which was calculated based on an annual rate of 3% applied to each premium amount charged to the LOC, compounded monthly.

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 12, 2018, 13:14:
Huh, never knew that TD Bank was "Toronto Dominion". Interesting.

Well on the one hand, they over charged you. On the other hand, at least the found it and fixed it, instead of just hiding the mistake as Wells Fargo surely would have done. Did they include interest on the over charges? With that amount I assume this was done over a long period.

Oh yeah, I've been dragging my ass on this student loan for a while now but this will put a nice dent right back in it.

3 points? That's it? You could have been averaging 10% by investing it plus the compounding from front end loading, or even better in a DRIP. I'd say they owe you more, especially considering they shouldn't have been taking it to begin with. They certainly made more money on it than you did. Sup to you but I'd consult with a lawyer at least. Won't cost you anything except a few minutes of your time. You may be entitled to a good deal more.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2018, 14:50 Kxmode

PHJF wrote on Jun 12, 2018, 10:18:
Sequels... sequels... sequels...

... sequels...

... non-gameplay Cyberpunk trailer...

ZzZzZz...

You could retire from gaming, and come back a decade later. Then you might be wowed by it all, again.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

15. Re: The moon warming Jun 12, 2018, 14:01 RedEye9

Creston wrote on Jun 12, 2018, 13:32:
So a few people walking around on the moon in an area of a few square kms has somehow raised the temperature of the entire moon by several DEGREES? And that just seems totally plausible to everyone involved?
I don't think you got the jist of the article. ie The temp increased where the astronauts disturbed the soil ie everywhere they placed probes. And only in those areas.

It's a finding that suggests humans may not be able to go to the Moon without changing it whether they want it or not; it's also a reminder to always take into account the observer's effect when performing experiments.
It also showed that, closer to the surface, the warming was more pronounced; and the warmth reached the shallower depths sooner, suggesting that the warmth was occurring from the surface down, rather than radiating out from the Moon's interior.

So were the astronauts doing that? The researchers believe that their movements were disturbing the dirt on the lunar surface.

"Recently acquired images of the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter Camera over the two landing sites show that the regolith on the paths of the astronauts turned darker, lowering the albedo," they wrote in their paper.

"We suggest that, as a result of the astronauts' activities, solar heat intake by the regolith increased slightly on average, and that resulted in the observed warming."

In other words, when they stomped about and drove lunar rovers all over the landing sites, the Apollo astronauts overturned the topsoil, exposing darker regolith underneath. Darker surfaces don't reflect as much light; instead, they absorb it.
"In the process of installing the instruments you may actually end up disturbing the surface thermal environment of the place where you want to make some measurements,"

It's scientists doing sciency stuff.

tldr It's only warming the areas that they distubed

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report
"Nullity's Law"
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2018, 13:36 Creston

Beamer wrote on Jun 12, 2018, 10:54:
I'm not paying too close attention, but Doom and Cyberpunk are incredibly interesting to me. The other Bethesda games feel too far away for me to care.

I'm very interested in Rage2, looks cool, Just Cause 4 (because JC2 is one of my top 5 games of all time, hopefully it can wash away the shitty bleh of Just Meh 3), LoU2, possibly Fallout76, if it can be played without always being teamed up with internet cockroaches (ie, 99.999999999999999% of the internet). Also Dying Light 2. Possibly, maybe, Anthem, if I'm really bored.

Until this E3, the only game I'd been looking forward to for the next 8 months or so was RDR2.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2018, 13:33 Wallshadows

Cutter wrote on Jun 12, 2018, 13:10:
How much did they overcharge you and what interest did they pay on it? You may want to talk to a lawyer. Could be they owe you a lot more - possible penalty - and are just hoping you'll take it and not ask questions. Ask questions.

Broken down it's $3,394.78 in premiums and an additional amount of $596.81 which was calculated based on an annual rate of 3% applied to each premium amount charged to the LOC, compounded monthly.

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 12, 2018, 13:14:

Well on the one hand, they over charged you. On the other hand, at least the found it and fixed it, instead of just hiding the mistake as Wells Fargo surely would have done. Did they include interest on the over charges? With that amount I assume this was done over a long period.

Oh yeah, I've been dragging my ass on this student loan for a while now but this will put a nice dent right back in it.

12. The moon warming Jun 12, 2018, 13:32 Creston

So a few people walking around on the moon in an area of a few square kms has somehow raised the temperature of the entire moon by several DEGREES? And that just seems totally plausible to everyone involved?

"Yep, looks good guys. Time for some blow!"

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2018, 13:14 Mr. Tact

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2018, 13:10 Cutter

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 12, 2018, 11:50:
Bank fucked up my student line of credit and for years I've been paying a premium for something which was never attached to it.

Got nearly $4000 direct deposited to my account. Dude on the phone was excited for me too.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2018, 12:48 Wallshadows

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 12, 2018, 12:30:
Wells Fargo?

Toronto Dominion.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2018, 12:30 Mr. Tact

Wells Fargo?  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2018, 11:50 Wallshadows

Bank fucked up my student line of credit and for years I've been paying a premium for something which was never attached to it.

Got nearly $4000 direct deposited to my account. Dude on the phone was excited for me too.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2018, 11:39 Mr. Tact

While interesting, I know without a doubt I am not creative enough to be a foley artist. (or any other kind of artist as far as that goes)  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2018, 11:31 Cutter

Yeah, good E3 so far.

Killed by a gator. Shitty way to go.

Look who is WALKING out of the hospital!! Everything is completely back to normal! GOD IS GOOD!! Thanks to everyone...

So the same god who allowed your child to be bitten and paralyzed by said tick is now good? So why did she even bother taking the kid to the hospital when all she had to clearly do was pray for divine intervention? Shit, I'll have to remember that next time I buy a lottery ticket. All this time I've never won because I thought everything was random but apparently it's because I haven't been praying to the invisible sky wizard. Seriously, reproduction needs to be a state sanctioned event. Breeders like this are how the Idiocracy is unfolding.

Foley artist would be a sweet gig.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2018, 11:11 Tipsy McStagger

That rally driver playing DiRT rally is crazy.. Racing games have come a long way..  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2018, 10:54 Beamer

Creston wrote on Jun 12, 2018, 10:17:
Yeah, there have actually been a lot of really exciting games announced. This was looking to be a very barren year, but now all of a sudden it's full with games that I'm definitely interested in.

I'm not paying too close attention, but Doom and Cyberpunk are incredibly interesting to me. The other Bethesda games feel too far away for me to care.

On the console side, thus far it's just Last of Us 2. Last of Us really bugged me in some places, as the combat stopped being fun for a while, but man, that trailer was ridiculous. And felt plausible in gameplay (mostly.) Unlike the Spider-Man one, which felt wholly implausible and I struggled to figure out what the actual gameplay was outside of punching people.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2018, 10:18 PHJF

Sequels... sequels... sequels...

... sequels...

... non-gameplay Cyberpunk trailer...

ZzZzZz...

Steam + PSN: PHJF

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2018, 10:17 Creston

Yeah, there have actually been a lot of really exciting games announced. This was looking to be a very barren year, but now all of a sudden it's full with games that I'm definitely interested in.

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo