Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Elder Scrolls VI Teaser

Here's the official E3 announcement teaser for The Elder Scrolls VI, the next installment in Bethesda's role-playing series. There's really nothing to see here yet. the clip shows a distant view of a beautiful vista, and here's all they have to say about this for the moment: "Currently in pre-production at Bethesda Game Studios, the acclaimed developers of Skyrim and Fallout 4. The highly-anticipated next chapter in the iconic The Elder Scrolls series."

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: The Elder Scrolls VI Teaser Jun 12, 2018, 12:52 ItBurn

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 12, 2018, 06:17:
Anyone else get the feel that as the years go by these big publishers and developers show us less and less actual content and still manage to increase hype more than ever?

I for one don't buy it. If you get a hard on for future games which literally show you nothing at all, you deserve the game you end up pre-ordering.

Well, a studio's reputation has to count for something. It's a really safe bet that Beth's main studio's game will be good. But yeah, never pre-order.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: The Elder Scrolls VI Teaser Jun 12, 2018, 08:55 Slashman

Prez wrote on Jun 12, 2018, 08:07:
Awesome! Can't wait to see how many bugs go unpatches by Bethesda in this one!

Dude have you seen the unofficial Skyrim Patch? It's friggin' infinite!

18. Re: The Elder Scrolls VI Teaser Jun 12, 2018, 08:07 Prez

Awesome! Can't wait to see how many bugs go unpatches by Bethesda in this one!  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

17. Re: The Elder Scrolls VI Teaser Jun 12, 2018, 06:17 VaranDragon

Anyone else get the feel that as the years go by these big publishers and developers show us less and less actual content and still manage to increase hype more than ever?

I for one don't buy it. If you get a hard on for future games which literally show you nothing at all, you deserve the game you end up pre-ordering.

16. Re: The Elder Scrolls VI Teaser Jun 12, 2018, 03:57 jdreyer

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 20:51:
Cutter wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 20:44:
Where the hell is that anyway? I really was hoping for Black Marsh and/or Elswyr.

YT comments were about 50/50 between guessing it is either High Rock or Hammerfell.

Hammerfell, because marketing.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

15. Re: The Elder Scrolls VI Teaser Jun 12, 2018, 02:07 Quinn

Is Hammerfell the Redguard province? That was the vibe I was getting. Where Skyrim had dragon combat, this USP will be naval combat?  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

14. Re: The Elder Scrolls VI Teaser Jun 12, 2018, 00:50 CJ_Parker

ItBurn wrote on Jun 12, 2018, 00:16:
Where the hell is that anyway? I really was hoping for Black Marsh and/or Elswyr.

YT comments were about 50/50 between guessing it is either High Rock or Hammerfell.

I really don't see why they'd make a game in High Rock because it's kinda generic and pretty similar to Skyrim. Hammerfell though, pirates. But I still don't know... Akavir is making a lot of sense too...

Akavir is definitely a possibility since it would allow them to exploit the Tamriel provinces for TESO DLC while they could take the regular TES to the new continent of Akavir, yes.

However, *if* it is a Tamriel province that we are seeing in the trailer then it pretty much *must* be either High Rock or Hammerfell when we're considering the geographic features and the sea.

13. Re: The Elder Scrolls VI Teaser Jun 12, 2018, 00:47 El Pit

As someone who went into pretty much EVERY little cave in Skyrim and also played Oblivion for a few hundred hours, all I can say is: THANK YOU, YES, PLEASE, TAKE MY MONEY!  
They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

12. Re: The Elder Scrolls VI Teaser Jun 12, 2018, 00:16 ItBurn

I really don't see why they'd make a game in High Rock because it's kinda generic and pretty similar to Skyrim. Hammerfell though, pirates. But I still don't know... Akavir is making a lot of sense too...

11. Re: The Elder Scrolls VI Teaser Jun 11, 2018, 23:27 jacobvandy

They call Starfield a next-generation game, so I hope that means a new engine. Then TES VI would of course use that one.  

10. Re: The Elder Scrolls VI Teaser Jun 11, 2018, 23:14 wtf_man

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 20:49:
How many times has that been said? Believe it when it is reported.

Yeah... unfortunately it's always some "Bethesda Tweaked" version of the same ol' crappy NetImmerse / Gamebryo engine.... and they always claim it's a "new engine", which is total BS.

(Although Skyrim isn't in the list of Gamebryo credits... the mods still use NIFs (Net Immerse Files)

"Did you even read cutters post or are you just suffering from rectal cranial inversion." - RedEye9

9. Re: The Elder Scrolls VI Teaser Jun 11, 2018, 22:56 Creston

11/11/21

8. Re: The Elder Scrolls VI Teaser Jun 11, 2018, 21:14 Shok

afka Rossini wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 20:42:
Rossafur wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 20:07:
Can't get too excited yet, seeing as how Fallout 76 is November this year, Starfield will then probably be November 2019, and this one November 2020. Even though time flies now in my advancing age (and, when you... don't do... anything), I still have the mindset of even 6 months out being too far away to get excited for anything, let alone plan for it, haha.
I'm hoping you're right about November 2020. I was thinking since they made a big deal about Skyrim releasing on 11-11-11 they might play games with YY MM DD being 21-11-12, MM DD YY of 12-11-21, or DD MM YY 12-11-21. In any event November or December of 2021.

Plus the last thing they'll want to do is step on the hype for Starfield with an Elder Scrolls title.

Or 11+11=22

7. Re: The Elder Scrolls VI Teaser Jun 11, 2018, 20:51 CJ_Parker

6. Re: The Elder Scrolls VI Teaser Jun 11, 2018, 20:49 HorrorScope

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 20:17:
Pre-production... probably a new engine...

How many times has that been said? Believe it when it is reported.

5. Re: The Elder Scrolls VI Teaser Jun 11, 2018, 20:44 Cutter

Pre-preduction? Skyrim came out in 2011! Where the hell is that anyway? I really was hoping for Black Marsh and/or Elswyr.

"Rmabo. John J.? Well what do you know? Ol' Harry here's a soldier."

4. Re: The Elder Scrolls VI Teaser Jun 11, 2018, 20:42 afka Rossini

Rossafur wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 20:07:
Can't get too excited yet, seeing as how Fallout 76 is November this year, Starfield will then probably be November 2019, and this one November 2020. Even though time flies now in my advancing age (and, when you... don't do... anything), I still have the mindset of even 6 months out being too far away to get excited for anything, let alone plan for it, haha.
I'm hoping you're right about November 2020. I was thinking since they made a big deal about Skyrim releasing on 11-11-11 they might play games with YY MM DD being 21-11-12, MM DD YY of 12-11-21, or DD MM YY 12-11-21. In any event November or December of 2021.

Plus the last thing they'll want to do is step on the hype for Starfield with an Elder Scrolls title.

3. Re: The Elder Scrolls VI Teaser Jun 11, 2018, 20:17 CJ_Parker

Pre-production... probably a new engine... it's easily five years out (i.e. well into the next console gen). They probably just teasered it to assure fans that TESO does not mean the end of the main TES series.

2. Re: The Elder Scrolls VI Teaser Jun 11, 2018, 20:07 Rossafur

1. Re: The Elder Scrolls VI Teaser Jun 11, 2018, 19:26 afka Rossini

You think you're excited...  

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo