Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer

Here's the official E3 2018 trailer for Cyberpunk 2077, CD Projekt RED's highly anticipated upcoming sci-fi RPG (thanks K). The clip offers a cinematic look at vision of the future this creates, and the kind of activities the game will support. The description has more:

Watch the E3 trailer for Cyberpunk 2077 — the role-playing game of the dark future from CD PROJEKT RED, creators of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

Cyberpunk 2077 is a narrative-driven, open world RPG set in the most vibrant and dangerous metropolis of the future — Night City. You play as V, a hired gun on the rise, who just got their first serious contract. In a world of cyberenhanced street warriors, tech-savvy netrunners and corporate life-hackers, today is your first step to becoming an urban legend.

Cyberpunk 2077 is set in the same universe as Mike Pondsmith's classic pen & paper RPG system, Cyberpunk 2020.

Find out more at:
https://www.cyberpunk.net
https://www.facebook.com/CyberpunkGame
https://www.twitter.com/CyberpunkGame
https://www.discord.gg/cyberpunkgame

View
67 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

67. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 12, 2018, 15:21 Lorcin

They just had a dev chatting about it on gamestop live. It's 1st person called V (male or female) and voiced.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

66. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 12, 2018, 11:59 Flatline

Primalchrome wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 15:28:
Flatline wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 14:57:
Cyberpunk 2020 was about attitude more than surroundings. It was totally acceptable to be a cutting edge cyborg warrior and have "bag lady chique" as your personal style.
I love your description. It was totally acceptable until you pushed the envelope with implants and ventured into 'cyber-psychosis'. (which is what the original trailer looked like it was addressing)

Man, that was a great RPG.....there were issues with the rules, but a good GM could still use it as an amazing canvas.

If I remember correctly the lifepath generator literally had "bag lady chique" as your personal style and that stuck with me.

I love RPGs with lifepath generators. I cribbed the basic lifepath generator from Traveller and adapted it to Elite Dangerous and posted it a while back. I wish they had something like that in game.

65. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 12, 2018, 11:53 Slashman

Qbex . wrote on Jun 12, 2018, 10:09:
Podsmith re trailer reaction

I just leave it here for all you heathens. No need to bitch , game is in good hands. I'm more interested in underlying philosophy, than superficial aesthetics, raincoats dudes in rain out in night neon lit streets been done hundreds times over, don't get me wrong I love that as well but those guys aim to give us a bit more than that.

People are quite simply ridiculous. Corruption, greed and depravity pretty much always hide under shiny exteriors. A dark future has nothing to do with depressing weather. Is it set in England or something?

64. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 12, 2018, 10:09 Qbex .

Podsmith re trailer reaction

I just leave it here for all you heathens. No need to bitch , game is in good hands. I'm more interested in underlying philosophy, than superficial aesthetics, raincoats dudes in rain out in night neon lit streets been done hundreds times over, don't get me wrong I love that as well but those guys aim to give us a bit more than that.

63. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 12, 2018, 00:11 CJ_Parker

As much as I love the Witcher (probably my fav video game series evah) but zero fucks given about Cyberpunk after this trailer. Three words: Juvenile, pretentious, lame.

Besides, I hate big cities in RPGs and here the whole RPG is the city or the city is the whole RPG or whatever. The horror!

Nah... it just ain't not striking any strings or nerves here. No wood, nothing, 100% flaccid.

Oh well, I'm glad that the Witcher franchise has made them big enough to work on several projects simultaneously so I'm sure they have another nice game with a non-cyberpunk-y non-megalopolis-y setting in the works.

62. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 12, 2018, 00:05 Kxmode

Noteworthy E3 trailer music:

AURORA - Queendom from Unraveled Two
Trills - Speak Loud from Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Hyper - Spoiler from Cyberpunk 2077

and finally

I'm Yours Forever - Original trailer song for Tetris Effect

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

61. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 23:49 1badmf

DangerDog wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 15:08:
Acleacius wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 12:00:
I'm getting a Cyberpunk gta feeling. It would be great since CD Projekt RED is far more capable than rockstar.

On the plus side, it would be a huge step above rockstar if they can just give us a version where we aren't forced to play villains. Sadly the first thing that sticks out is being forced to play as a male character. Not only does it reduce RPGness by 50% out of the gate. Some of us don't want to run around for 10+ hours plus looking at some guy's butt. Urk

This post is dedicated to all the men who are fed up with looking at virtual 3rd person man ass.

https://zippy.gfycat.com/PartialThirdCockatiel.webm

my god, it's full of stars...

60. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 23:11 Steele Johnson

Alamar wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 11:19:
Looking forward to playing halfway through this game a few times, like I did with Witcher... Shit is too damn long.

I hear ya. I had to really push myself to finish the game. Great game, but way too long for what it was.

59. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 21:04 Slashman

Task wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 20:48:
Check out this vid folks, its so good!

Cyberpunk 2077, as told by Ciri

Ciri better have a cameo when this game finally drops! Damn!

58. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 20:48 Task

Check out this vid folks, its so good!

Cyberpunk 2077, as told by Ciri

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

57. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 19:48 Slashman

Acleacius wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 14:56:

You, your just being jerk because maybe you get off on it. I said "some of us", so you being gay and wanting to look at guy butts, shouldn't be offended. I clearly wasn't trying to speak for everyone. Obviously has nothing to do with T&A. I would rather look and listen to women than someone like you any day. It's always great to have Neanderthalic conversations with you. Giggle

Yeah wow. You really got me. I'm obviously gay because I find it stupid that your problem with lack of a female lead in a video game is related to ass.

Clearly the issue is not that you're too lazy to do any research before mouthing off crap and that you apparently can't be comfortable playing male characters in video games. Your sexual insecurity isn't poking its head out at all.

It's OK to admit you like playing with female dolls. Sorry your parents didn't get you a barbie when you were younger.

56. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 19:06 jdreyer

aka_STEVE wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 11:34:
Even though I've been waiting forever for this & will be buying & playing the crap out of it. I feel like NO matter how good it is, it will be a letdown compared to how much it has been built up.

Has it been built up a lot? There was that one trailer 5 years ago and not much since then.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

55. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 18:34 Task

Osc8r wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 18:24:
Sounds like they abandoned co-op/multiplayer? Pfft. Oh well, fallout, wolf and dead island 2 it is

There is some leaked info from 8 months ago on multiplayer:

"CD Projekt RED is working to implement a “social hub” in the game that will allow players to interact with one another. The game’s multiplayer has already been described as seamless by the developer, and channel host Madqueen adds that the social hub is going to be “the most important bridge between forever alone single player version and the multiplayer version of the game”

I would wait until the full reveal on the 12th however for better information.

54. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 18:24 Osc8r

Sounds like they abandoned co-op/multiplayer? Pfft. Oh well, fallout, wolf and dead island 2 it is  

53. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Jun 11, 2018, 18:17 Slick

It's just the trailer, I'm sure there will be lots of the game that happens at night.

But furthermore, I'm honestly happy for the shift in tone from the Witcher series, as the Witcher's world was pretty fucking dark. Every village had some awful shit happening, and the "fun" was had mostly by Geralt and his merry band of misfits, not the world itself. Every village was just dealing with a dogshit hand they've been dealt. I can handle a slightly more upbeat tone, even with all the dogshit out there, people still having a more "neon" outlook, even if it's unjustified.

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

52. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 16:16 Task

Cutter wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 13:36:
Has anyone actually played the PnP game or is just really familiar with what Pondsmith has created?

Haven't played it no, but have read about it and acquired the source books just to read them ever since this was announced in 2013. For an opinion from someone who has played Cyberpunk PnP though and their reaction to this game trailer, I would recommend this video from Henley.

51. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 15:55 NKD

Love the look/feel of this. Can't wait for some more info on gameplay.  

Doors and corners, kid. Doors and corners.

50. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 15:45 Task

I've watched this trailer 5 times already. A few more times and I'll be set I think.  

49. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 15:28 Primalchrome

Flatline wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 14:57:
Cyberpunk 2020 was about attitude more than surroundings. It was totally acceptable to be a cutting edge cyborg warrior and have "bag lady chique" as your personal style.
I love your description. It was totally acceptable until you pushed the envelope with implants and ventured into 'cyber-psychosis'. (which is what the original trailer looked like it was addressing)

Man, that was a great RPG.....there were issues with the rules, but a good GM could still use it as an amazing canvas.

48. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 15:14 Sepharo

Acleacius wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 14:56:
No, what your doing is called projecting. [...]

You, your just being jerk because maybe you get off on it. I said "some of us", so you being gay and wanting to look at guy butts, shouldn't be offended.

67 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo