Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Dying Light 2 Announced

Techland announces Dying Light 2, an upcoming open-world sequel to their zombie survival game. This video shows off the environment, discussing how the setting has changed since the first game. Word is: "The fate of a decaying City is in your hands. Every choice matters. Discover the bold sequel to a best-selling open-world phenomenon." Those choices are highlighted in a gameplay walkthrough trailer. This clip shows off gameplay and discusses the far-reaching implications of the decisions you are faced with in the game, showing they can have significant ramifications on gameplay. The Dying Light Website is where to sign up to keep up with details on this.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Dying Light 2 Announced Jun 12, 2018, 09:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

I loved the combat and movement in Dying Light, utterly hated the weapon degradation. At least make that a damned toggle in the sequel, Techland!

If you can't do that, stop breaking mods that prevent degradation with each patch. Sheesh.

Assuming the degradation gets a workaround or option, then I'll be getting this. Also, go to a safe house at night? Lol, only for the first few levels, then that's prime hunting/exp farming time.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Dying Light 2 Announced Jun 11, 2018, 23:16 Steele Johnson

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 10:46:
Prez wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 10:16:
Really liked the first one despite the goofy story. I'm tiring of zombies but if this is as crazy fun as the first I'll be on board.

The only reason I don't bore of the zombies, because if I did I would be done with videogames, because no matter how you skin your models, their AI is all basically zombie-like.

lol good point!

18. Re: Dying Light 2 Announced Jun 11, 2018, 21:03 HorrorScope

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 16:19:
My biggest let down in regards to DL is that the modding community doesn't feel that great. At all. I was really hoping that once given the tools it would really open up further potential but most of what's released is just awful.

That and the QTE they snuck it at the end. Totally needless.

Looking forward to this though. Chris Avellone is working on the story so that could definitely iron one of the short comings of the first.

Yeah they don't really support modding for DL, but if they listen to the based, DL2 can improve here greatly.

17. Re: Dying Light 2 Announced Jun 11, 2018, 18:20 Osc8r

Not going to lie...that looks awesome. Just don't mess with the co-op formula from the first one and i'm down.  

16. Re: Dying Light 2 Announced Jun 11, 2018, 16:19 Wallshadows

My biggest let down in regards to DL is that the modding community doesn't feel that great. At all. I was really hoping that once given the tools it would really open up further potential but most of what's released is just awful.

That and the QTE they snuck it at the end. Totally needless.

Looking forward to this though. Chris Avellone is working on the story so that could definitely iron one of the short comings of the first.

15. Re: Dying Light 2 Announced Jun 11, 2018, 15:39 webber

Oh man, I hope this has full coop campaign again!  

14. Re: Dying Light 2 Announced Jun 11, 2018, 13:11 EUTHANIZE

Shame, ... if they are working this then they probably won't ever release Hellraid.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/226920/Hellraid/

13. Re: Dying Light 2 Announced Jun 11, 2018, 12:48 Nullity

ItBurn wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 12:33:
I loved Dead Island, but couldn't get into Dying Light. Waaaay too much backtracking and menial tasks. Also, I haaate the weapon degradation system. Still going to keep an eye on this one.
I feel Dying Light was light-years beyond Dead Island, it's not even a fair comparison. DI felt like a clunky beta first-time indie game in comparison.

Though I agree on the weapon degradation system. That is an awful mechanic and has no place in any game. I used Cheat Engine to hack it out immediately (though I think there are mods for that now).

12. Re: Dying Light 2 Announced Jun 11, 2018, 12:40 Creston

Beamer wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 10:23:
I think it was Creston in the other thread that said what I was thinking - these types of options are the things that are always presented as deep and meaningful in situations like this, but in the actual game they always end up shallow and telegraphed, because there's only so much the dev team has time to plan for. Like how in The Walking Dead you can almost always tell which characters may die, and which would have died if you made a different choice, because they aren't meaningful after your choice was made.

Yeah, "significant ramifications on gameplay...." I'll believe it when I see it. All I see from the trailer is different colors of rooftops and a few changes in bonuses and the like.

Hey, it's still cool, don't get me wrong, it beats a city where nothing changes no matter what, but I think Avellone is laying on the hype a bit thick in that video.

11. Re: Dying Light 2 Announced Jun 11, 2018, 12:33 ItBurn

I loved Dead Island, but couldn't get into Dying Light. Waaaay too much backtracking and menial tasks. Also, I haaate the weapon degradation system. Still going to keep an eye on this one.  

10. Re: Dying Light 2 Announced Jun 11, 2018, 12:10 Prez

El Pit wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 12:03:
I LOVED DL - what a great game! I had sooo much fun with it and when I wanted to get a dose of "FUUUUUUUUCK! Rrrrrrrrrrrrruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnn!" I ventured out into the dark parts of the city at night. It always ended in some really great, nail-biting adventure.

Guys, I don't get why so many gamers here feel let down by the announcements - I still remember playing G.I. Joe decades ago and discussing with friends if we would ever see games that had the (back then!) awesome graphics of the scripted parts - and look what we get now - I never DREAMED of graphics this brilliant and open worlds! I, for one, am always amazed to see Mordor, the Dying Light city, the Witcher world, the FarCry words, Elder Scrolls, GTA, or Guild Wars 2... And I am thankful that I am (still) around to actually play those. I have played hundreds of hours of Pong, Frogger, Centipede, and so many more but I don't want to go back. No more pixel graphics, I am all open world, ARPG, best graphics possible - this is what I always wanted and now am getting in abundance. This is a great time for gaming - ENJOY IT, GUYS!!!

This is me to a tee. Life has jaded me horribly towards people and the world in general, but when it comes to videogames I'm the same 8 year old kid playing Adventure on the Atari 2600 smiling ear to ear, staring at the screen in wide-eyed wonder; the same kid playing Outrun on his Sega Genesis dreaming wistfully of a day when I could actually visit that big city on the horizon. Until some corporate vultures fuck up my Star Wars - the defining world of my childhood - with predatory gambling mechanics and cynical bullshit monetization and insult my fucking intelligence by telling me they ruined my lifelong dream of playing in Tolkien's magical universe with loot boxes that make half the game pointless because they wanted to give me "choice"...Then I'm a jaded cynical fuck again.

Did I forget to mention FUCK EA and WB?

EDIT: Yes I know both games are fixed now - LONG after the fact and frankly these things should have never been there in the first place. First impressions stick. So fuck 'em.

This comment was edited on Jun 11, 2018, 12:25.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

9. Re: Dying Light 2 Announced Jun 11, 2018, 12:10 Acleacius

Great fun open world and game play, Coop style! Sadly the story just sucked, no one would have put those in a trash fire (that's s spoiler free version).

This sure the hell better be worth disney postponing Hellraid, those bastards! Bat

people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

8. Re: Dying Light 2 Announced Jun 11, 2018, 12:03 El Pit

I LOVED DL - what a great game! I had sooo much fun with it and when I wanted to get a dose of "FUUUUUUUUCK! Rrrrrrrrrrrrruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnn!" I ventured out into the dark parts of the city at night. It always ended in some really great, nail-biting adventure.

Guys, I don't get why so many gamers here feel let down by the announcements - I still remember playing G.I. Joe decades ago and discussing with friends if we would ever see games that had the (back then!) awesome graphics of the scripted parts - and look what we get now - I never DREAMED of graphics this brilliant and open worlds! I, for one, am always amazed to see Mordor, the Dying Light city, the Witcher world, the FarCry words, Elder Scrolls, GTA, or Guild Wars 2... And I am thankful that I am (still) around to actually play those. I have played hundreds of hours of Pong, Frogger, Centipede, and so many more but I don't want to go back. No more pixel graphics, I am all open world, ARPG, best graphics possible - this is what I always wanted and now am getting in abundance. This is a great time for gaming - ENJOY IT, GUYS!!!

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

7. Re: Dying Light 2 Announced Jun 11, 2018, 11:46 Cutter

I'm going to both play and enjoy this. So far it's looking like a day one purchase for me.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

6. Re: Dying Light 2 Announced Jun 11, 2018, 11:32 aka_STEVE

I played the crap out of Dying Light,... but unless I see something way better - I feel like I am actually zombied out right now.  

5. Re: Dying Light 2 Announced Jun 11, 2018, 10:46 HorrorScope

Prez wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 10:16:
Really liked the first one despite the goofy story. I'm tiring of zombies but if this is as crazy fun as the first I'll be on board.

The only reason I don't bore of the zombies, because if I did I would be done with videogames, because no matter how you skin your models, their AI is all basically zombie-like.

On the Dead Island - Dying Light they are different games and I'm not sure I know anyone who coop's that doesn't like Dying Light a lot. It is one of the most complete coop experiences ever made.

4. Re: Dying Light 2 Announced Jun 11, 2018, 10:41 Dacron

Beamer wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 10:23:
I never bothered with the first - disliked Dead Island, and this seemed more of the same (though perhaps less goofy and amateurish feeling in plot.) I dunno, I dislike survival horror, so while I like the idea of a living world, I'm better off going to Doom and being an unstoppable demon slayer.

I disliked Dead Island. It was clunky, unresponsive, you didn't feel like you could do damage. I would've refunded it if I bought it when steam implemented refunds.

Dying Light is completely different. It felt like you were a FPS/doom like killing machine but with Melee weapons. You could slaughter huge groups of zombies effortlessly when you learn the skills / tool up your weapons. The only "survival" was getting to a safe house when it goes to night to "sleep" until day because the scary alpha zombies come out at night. And while they are killable the game mechanics will constantly have them coming at you at night The rest was just running/jumping/sliding ass kicking fun.

Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.

3. Re: Dying Light 2 Announced Jun 11, 2018, 10:23 Beamer

I think it was Creston in the other thread that said what I was thinking - these types of options are the things that are always presented as deep and meaningful in situations like this, but in the actual game they always end up shallow and telegraphed, because there's only so much the dev team has time to plan for. Like how in The Walking Dead you can almost always tell which characters may die, and which would have died if you made a different choice, because they aren't meaningful after your choice was made.

I never bothered with the first - disliked Dead Island, and this seemed more of the same (though perhaps less goofy and amateurish feeling in plot.) I dunno, I dislike survival horror, so while I like the idea of a living world, I'm better off going to Doom and being an unstoppable demon slayer.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

2. Re: Dying Light 2 Announced Jun 11, 2018, 10:16 Darks

I've been waiting on this announcement for a long time. Loved the original game.

Cant wait for some Coop action.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

1. Re: Dying Light 2 Announced Jun 11, 2018, 10:16 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo