Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Fallout 76 Trailer

Bethesda offered the promised look at Fallout 76 tonight, providing the official E3 trailer along with this trailer promoting a Power Armor Edition of the game which includes various bonuses. They say this is a prequel to the prior games in the series, and is four times the size of Fallout 4. This will be released on November 14th, and word is, "Bethesda Game Studios, the award-winning creators of Skyrim and Fallout 4, welcome you to Fallout 76, the online prequel where every surviving human is a real person. Work together, or not, to survive. Under the threat of nuclear annihilation, you’ll experience the largest, most dynamic world ever created in the legendary Fallout universe." Since that's pretty sparse, here's more on the special edition:

Take a piece of the Wasteland home with the Fallout 76 Power Armor Edition.

In addition to the highly-anticipated game, the Fallout 76 Power Armor Edition includes:

• Full-Scale Wearable T-51 Power Armor Helmet with West Tek Canvas Carrying Bag:
    This wearable helmet faithfully replicates the in-game model and comes complete with voice modulator speaker, functioning LED head lamp, and custom V.A.T.S. sound feature.
  • Glow-in-the Dark World Terrain Map:
    This physical, fully-colorized 21”x 21” glow in the dark vintage map showcases the six distinct regions of West Virginia complete with irradiated landmarks, towns, and wildlife.
  • 24 Collectible Fallout Figurines:
    Crafted from in-game 3D models, these detailed miniatures bring Fallout 76’s Vault Dwellers, Power Armored Soldiers, Creatures, and more to life.
  • Tricentennial Edition Steelbook. Exclusive to the Power Armor Edition, this decorated metal case is the ultimate collectible celebrating America’s 300 years of freedom.
  • Fallout 76 Tricentennial Edition Bonus In-Game Items: Celebrate 300 years of freedom with the all-new Fallout 76 Tricentennial Edition, commemorating the opening of Vault 76. Be the talk of the town when you emerge from Vault 76 fully prepared and patriotically styled in the new American frontier!
  • Access to the Fallout 76 B.E.T.A. (Break-It Early Test Application): Be one of the first to emerge into a new and untamed wasteland.

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

31. Re: Fallout 76 Trailer Jun 12, 2018, 12:51 ItBurn

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 12, 2018, 08:43:
A survival fallout shooter? I mean why not? Its not like the last few fallout games have been much deeper than shooters anyway really. I'd be interested in this if it had first person actually. Will it have first person?

It definitely has first person. Also, when you think about it, Fallout 4 was already a survival game...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: Fallout 76 Trailer Jun 12, 2018, 08:43 VaranDragon

A survival fallout shooter? I mean why not? Its not like the last few fallout games have been much deeper than shooters anyway really. I'd be interested in this if it had first person actually. Will it have first person?  

29. Re: Fallout 76 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 17:57 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 13:38:
Beamer wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 07:40:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 00:06:
as if every single game has to cater to them, even one's they don't intend to buy.

I always wonder if the people who get so angry over stuff like this do it everywhere. As if they're annoyed if there's a TV show on CBS not aimed at them, or if there's a radio station that plays a style of music they're not in love with.

Are you serious? Do you not see the millions of fucking blogs written about how "Netflix made way too many original shows this year, and I hated all but four of them!"

EVERYTHING has to be made JUST FOR THAT SINGLE PERSON.

Admittedly I have never watched 13 reasons. The premise just doesn't interest me. But my god, the OUTRAGE that people have over that show getting a 3rd season made national headlines. Jesus, just don't watch it, who cares if the fans of that show get another season?

On the flipside, thankfully Bezos is a huge Expanse fan, because I get to keep watching that now. (Yes, the books are better, but the show is really good...)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

28. Re: Fallout 76 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 17:45 Creston

Beamer wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 14:21:
It's as if Netflix either thinks we wholly trust their ratings system, thinks we will watch anything it serves to us, or just thinks traditional marketing is pointless on its platform.

They've said before that their metrics show it doesn't really matter what they put up. If they put up garbage, people will watch it. If they put up great shows, maybe +10% more people will watch it. If garbage is 50% cheaper to put up, it's easy math.

It's why their movie selection is dying. Their metrics show that if they spend 5 billion on movies, it really doesn't get watched more than if they just put up the occasional good movie and mostly mediocre shit.

Sad, but true. I work with a guy who's a Netflix trash can. It doesn't matter what it is, if it pops up in his "recommended for you" queue, he'll watch it.

He's ignoring great shows like Justified and the Expanse, etc, that I've recommended to him, to watch semi-documentary shit.

27. Re: Fallout 76 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 14:21 Beamer

Creston wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 13:38:
as if every single game has to cater to them, even one's they don't intend to buy.

I always wonder if the people who get so angry over stuff like this do it everywhere. As if they're annoyed if there's a TV show on CBS not aimed at them, or if there's a radio station that plays a style of music they're not in love with.

Are you serious? Do you not see the millions of fucking blogs written about how "Netflix made way too many original shows this year, and I hated all but four of them!"

No. I see it more in teenagers with music, and adults in video games.
I haven't seen a single thing like that for Netflix, probably avoiding the right blogs, but I will say Netflix is really confusing in how many things it picks up and just lets die in on the vine. How does it release so much with zero fanfare? I get that a lot of it is, like, Finnish TV they're just buying the rights to, but I've seen at least 3 or 4 shows while scrolling through that look like they could be cool but I haven't bothered watching because I've never heard anyone talk about them. It's as if Netflix either thinks we wholly trust their ratings system, thinks we will watch anything it serves to us, or just thinks traditional marketing is pointless on its platform.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

26. Re: Fallout 76 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 13:38 Creston

25. Re: Fallout 76 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 13:34 Creston

I'm pretty sure there will be a Fallout 5 and I didn't think anyone was thinking Fallout 5 was right around the corner.

Yeah, after Fallout76 they're doing Starfield, and then they're doing ES6, which is probably going to come out on 11/11/2021 (ten years to the day after Skyrim.)

So FO5 will be... 2022 or so?

24. Re: Fallout 76 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 12:36 ItBurn

This is essentially the best survival game possible. If they just keep what they had in 4 and add multiplayer, which is exactly what it looks like. I can't wait to play this in coop. I just hope you can make private games for you and your friends.  

23. Re: Fallout 76 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 12:22 Armengar

ill pass. I didnt really like 3 but loved new vegas. I didn't bother finishing 4.

Played since the demo of fallout 1 (on PC Active cover disc)

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

22. Re: Fallout 76 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 11:55 Agent.X7

Damn, as much hate as seems to be levied at this game, I cannot even pre-order the power armor edition as it already sold out EVERYWHERE. Annoyed  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

21. Re: Fallout 76 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 11:05 Beamer

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 11:02:

This never happens, but I totally agree with you. I mean, I will laugh when they bring back Rosanne, for instance. Who asked for that? Who thought it was a good idea? I don't know. But at the same time I am not going to go all internet psycho and start posting everywhere about how I hate that they are bringing back Rosanne. I mean, who has the energy to oppose eveything they dislike like that? Let it go, man!

Roseanne is a special case due to her off-camera actions and what she has come to represent. Kind of like making a TV show starring OJ would be different.
I'd make it more akin to Tim Allen's show coming back. If anyone is angry about that, why care?

-------------

20. Re: Fallout 76 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 11:03 HorrorScope

StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 01:43:
I'm a singleplayer only guy so laaaaaaaame, but honestly there's plenty of games for me out there so whatever. Glad people interested in this concept will have a game to play that excites them.

Sanity has spoken.

19. Re: Fallout 76 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 11:02 Agent.X7

This never happens, but I totally agree with you. I mean, I will laugh when they bring back Rosanne, for instance. Who asked for that? Who thought it was a good idea? I don't know. But at the same time I am not going to go all internet psycho and start posting everywhere about how I hate that they are bringing back Rosanne. I mean, who has the energy to oppose eveything they dislike like that? Let it go, man!

Yes, I am aware that Rosanne was recenlty un-brought back. Ambien man, powerful stuff.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

18. Re: Fallout 76 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 11:02 HorrorScope

Task wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 00:15:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 00:10:
Bluesnews: FALLOUT IS DEAD! YOU RUINED MY CHILDHOOD!

Fallout has been 'dead' for a long time. The Elder Scrolls Fallout types are just a generic Wasteland game with Vault Boys.

Right you have the various sides, but anything less than what you just stated that you didn't like, brings out an army of "how dare you's".

17. Re: Fallout 76 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 10:12 Primalchrome

I always wonder if the people who get so angry over stuff like this do it everywhere. As if they're annoyed if there's a TV show on CBS Lifetime/Hallmark channel not aimed at them, or if there's a radio station that plays a style of music they're not in love with.
Fixed that for you.

16. Re: Fallout 76 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 07:40 Beamer

-------------

15. Re: Fallout 76 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 03:35 jdreyer

ShadowofWard wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 23:46:
you should of seen the chat on youtube, everything was RIP Bethesda and "f" for respectful death. Said it just now but maybe this is a good time to give up gaming and find a new hobby.

Have you tried pr0n? I hear that it's a good time for fans of pr0n, and that it's trending.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

14. Re: Fallout 76 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 02:22 Qbex .

Honestly I don't mind, that comes from someone who rate fallout 1 and 2 as all time favourites and for that same reason have very low opinion of f3 and f4 (skipped that shooter turd). Bethesda announced three big single player games right up my alley (doom2 and star-skyrim, rage2), one coop (woolf) that I know I'll have a blast playing with my significant other and one multiplayer that I have no interest of playing. No need for butthurt here for sure, in age of games as a service and everything multiplayer from AAA its better that I expected.  

13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 11, 2018, 02:12 Mordecai Walfish

Creston wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 23:30:
Damn, how much is that special edition going to cost? $300?

12. Re: Fallout 76 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 02:01 CJ_Parker

Red886 wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 00:42:
dude, you can count the no of high budget AAA games out per year for PC on one hand (maybe two if lucky) these days

PC? So far it's only been confirmed for Shitbox as we can see in the trailer. For all we know, it might be Shitbox exclusive which means it is an automatic very low price sale for me. Zero respect for PC = near zero money from me. Simple.

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo