Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Prey: Mooncrash Released

The 2018 Bethesda E3 Showcase also introduces Prey: Mooncrash, the new DLC for Prey that takes the shooter bang, zoom, to the moon! The twist here is that this is available completely free right now for owners of the game on all platforms. The E3 trailer for this is also the launch trailer, and it offers the details:

Announced at the 2018 Bethesda Showcase, watch the trailer for Prey: Mooncrash, the lunar DLC for Prey thatís available now!

In Prey: Mooncrash, fight overwhelming odds to escape the secret TranStar moon base where the enemies you encounter, the hazards you face, the goals you complete, and the loot you collect are different each time you play. With changing environments as dangerous as they are dynamic, multiple unlockable characters each with their own set of specialized and upgradable skills, and Typhon threats armed with a unique array of deadly characteristics, the Mooncrash campaign for Prey will offer a fun, infinitely replayable challenge to test even the most skilled players. For players new to Prey, thereís Prey: Digital Deluxe, which includes both Prey and Prey: Mooncrash.

In a free update to Prey, fans can now indulge in three different modes: Story Mode, for those looking to casually experience the gameís immersive narrative; Survival Mode, which will put your veteran cosmonaut to the test with hardcore hazards like oxygen levels and bleeding; and New Game +, which gives all players a whole new reason to return to Prey after they complete the game.

Prey: Mooncrash and Prey: Digital Deluxe are available now on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Prey: Mooncrash Released Jun 11, 2018, 11:10 HorrorScope

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 01:19:
If there's any significant amount of story content in this rogue-lite challenge mode, they certainly didn't make that clear in the trailer. What they did get across pretty well is that you won't be taking your sweet time to explore, reading emails and using stealth, it's all about fast-paced, non-stop action. They literally describe it as a "mad dash to escape."

I won't be paying $20 for this and PVP multiplayer, that's for sure. I will most likely replay the base game sometime in survival mode and check out NG+, though (those are the features of the free update).

It was presented that way, but that could also be to make it pop-out more in a presser. We could fall back to Elite Dangerous's Trailer, lol. All action in the trailer, warm comfortable space miles in the realz. I am interested if this is now an action/rouge in the universe or if stealth does play a big role. I'd say open question at this time, but your eyes didn't deceive.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Prey: Mooncrash Released Jun 11, 2018, 07:15 MoonSpook

Sledge1 wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 04:02:
The DLC is not free, it's $20

Confirmed; I believe the "free update" means the new game modes are in the patch that will accommodate the DLC, but the DLC itself still costs money for existing owners as well as new ones.

6. Re: Prey: Mooncrash Released Jun 11, 2018, 04:02 Sledge1

The DLC is not free, it's $20  

5. Re: Prey: Mooncrash Released Jun 11, 2018, 01:31 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm... I loved the vanilla game, and I was really hoping for a continuation of that story, but I guess they didn't have the money to go that route.

This looks like it's barely attached to the main storyline. Could be good, but not nearly as interesting as something continuing the original narrative.

4. Re: Prey: Mooncrash Released Jun 11, 2018, 01:19 jacobvandy

If there's any significant amount of story content in this rogue-lite challenge mode, they certainly didn't make that clear in the trailer. What they did get across pretty well is that you won't be taking your sweet time to explore, reading emails and using stealth, it's all about fast-paced, non-stop action. They literally describe it as a "mad dash to escape."

I won't be paying $20 for this and PVP multiplayer, that's for sure. I will most likely replay the base game sometime in survival mode and check out NG+, though (those are the features of the free update).

3. Re: Prey: Mooncrash Released Jun 11, 2018, 00:24 El Pit

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 23:27:
I was hoping for some story DLC, even if it was a separate thing from the main game... There were plenty of people who lived on the station that would have been great candidates for something like that, a few of which were still alive while you were awake and exploring. But this was probably easier.

But it does seem to be a story DLC just with some twists?

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

2. Re: Prey: Mooncrash Released Jun 10, 2018, 23:27 jacobvandy

I was hoping for some story DLC, even if it was a separate thing from the main game... There were plenty of people who lived on the station that would have been great candidates for something like that, a few of which were still alive while you were awake and exploring. But this was probably easier.  

1. Re: Prey: Mooncrash Released Jun 10, 2018, 23:22 Creston

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo