Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Battlefield V Video

NVIDIA offers this video showing off gameplay from Battlefield V. Word is: "Battlefield V has been fully unveiled at EA Play 2018, and we’ve been able to capture exclusive direct-feed PC footage from the new Grand Operations mode. Watch now to see how Battlefield V looks on PC." According to the description, "Watch exclusive Battlefield V Grand Operations PC gameplay, captured on a GeForce GTX 1080 Ti by the amazing Ms Vixen, battling across the Narvik map."

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Battlefield V Video Jun 11, 2018, 18:41 Slick

Do we really have to go over this again?

1) random drops have been in games for over 40 years. That's nothing new, and nothing that will ever change.

2) random drops for PAID (REAL $$$) is what's considered gambling, and what's BAD.

3) if you get a random crate of random emotes or skins for every level you progress on just by playing the game then that's not an impeachable offense. Go play Boarderlands or any other loot-drop mechanic game and then let's talk about RNG in drops... Besides, they're not talking about GUN or ABILITY RNG drops, just cosmetics. As long as if you decide to pay real $$$ for an item, you get exactly what you pay for then there's no problem.

ugh... There's so much good going on with this game that it's fucking pathetic that this is what we're talking about, or that there's female avatars... You people need to get laid...

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Battlefield V Video Jun 11, 2018, 12:59 Kosh401

My group is excited for this. Will gladly trade Premium for cosmetics so that new maps and and things are free for everyone and doesn't split the community.

Love that there's no more random bullet deviation, very limited spotting, limited HP regen and limited ammo. Especially for vehicles, so no more tanks camping way the fuck off at the edge of the map shelling things all game.

Fortifications seem a little meh but with destruction being ramped up so much I don't think it's a bad feature to have or takes anything away from the game. I can see it being useful in a few situations to throw up some cover or replace cover that's been destroyed. But not really sure I would ever play as the Support archetype that lets you build the mounted/stationary weapons.

14. Re: Battlefield V Video Jun 11, 2018, 10:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

DangerDog wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 04:27:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 01:33:
Even the Jackfrags videos haven't dissuaded me from my plan to build forts all over every map. I'll probably get my money's worth out of the game the first week, ambushing people with stationary guns from every random bend/dip in the map, especially if they have reduced 3D spotting that much.

Sorry to crush your dream but you can only build on pre-designated places on the map and even then you don't have a choice in what you build.

Whaaaaat. That's fucking terrible! Wow, what a wasted opportunity.

Ugh. There goes 80% of my excitement for this game.

13. Re: Battlefield V Video Jun 11, 2018, 04:27 DangerDog

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 01:33:
Even the Jackfrags videos haven't dissuaded me from my plan to build forts all over every map. I'll probably get my money's worth out of the game the first week, ambushing people with stationary guns from every random bend/dip in the map, especially if they have reduced 3D spotting that much.

Sorry to crush your dream but you can only build on pre-designated places on the map and even then you don't have a choice in what you build.

12. Re: Battlefield V Video Jun 11, 2018, 01:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

11. Re: Battlefield V Video Jun 10, 2018, 21:25 eRe4s3r

To me this game is now a definitive skip. I watched all of jackfrags videos and already I don't want any more WW2. Maybe because I played 1942 to death in a clan like, professionally. But I can't stand WW2 anymore, I skipped COD WW2 and I skip this. Fair is fair.

10. Re: Battlefield V Video Jun 10, 2018, 20:58 CJ_Parker

They'll add loot boxes and MTX out da a$$ about 6 - 12 months after release. Don't worry.  

9. Re: Battlefield V Video Jun 10, 2018, 18:55 DangerDog

I know people spend money on really stupid shit but I just don't see cosmetics for a first person shooter being that big of a draw. If it works out towards paying for developing additional content then by all means go ahead and buy that fancy skin for your gun.

I'd gladly pay an additional $40 just to have the option to turn it all off.

8. Re: Battlefield V Video Jun 10, 2018, 18:40 RaZ0r!

Looks like BF1 to me <shrugs>  

7. Re: etc. Jun 10, 2018, 18:15 fawker

deqer wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 17:44:
fawker wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 16:27:
Rhett wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 14:52:
They're already including lootboxes in it, after explicitly saying "no loot boxes" .. but they're called Airlifts now. Big difference right? Assholes.

They are just cosmetics? Why is the internet so worked up about this?
Someone's been living in a cave and missing the news on why loot boxes are bad.

You should go outside once in a while. It's healthy for you.

Oh, a response including a personal attack. Always encourages good discussion. I can see the gambling thing and kids, but that's the parents job to handle that, not the game companies.

6. Re: etc. Jun 10, 2018, 17:44 deqer

They're already including lootboxes in it, after explicitly saying "no loot boxes" .. but they're called Airlifts now. Big difference right? Assholes.

Someone's been living in a cave and missing the news on why loot boxes are bad.

You should go outside once in a while. It's healthy for you.

5. Re: Battlefield V Video Jun 10, 2018, 17:02 Bludd

Dunno, they have repeatedly said no lootboxes but that there will be microtransactions for cosmetics.

4. Re: Battlefield V Video Jun 10, 2018, 16:27 fawker

3. Re: Battlefield V Video Jun 10, 2018, 15:39 DangerDog

There's always that $15 pass. I might buy a month just to get my fill of it and also try Anthem, but.. no way I'ma buy this. They're already including lootboxes in it, after explicitly saying "no loot boxes" .. but they're called Airlifts now. Big difference right? Assholes.

Cosmetic items most likely, they could contain special assignments like shoot 10 support troops for XP type stuff.

The art direction of the cosmetics for the game is going to turn this into a freak show. In one video there was a guy running around with a hockey mask on.

This is a mash-up game, like Dishonored and Fortnite had a baby.

The beta will make it or break it, once the newness of the level setup is over and you step back and look at everything it might be more of a pig with lipstick.

So many female soldiers screaming is a bit off putting, maybe it's just the edit on some of these videos. They did this in Battlefront and I can block it out.

2. Re: Battlefield V Video Jun 10, 2018, 14:52 Rhett

There's always that $15 pass. I might buy a month just to get my fill of it and also try Anthem, but.. no way I'ma buy this. They're already including lootboxes in it, after explicitly saying "no loot boxes" .. but they're called Airlifts now. Big difference right? Assholes.  

1. Re: Battlefield V Video Jun 10, 2018, 14:17 Xero

The initial reveal trailer looked awesome. Watching this reminds me what I got so tired of in the past few Battlefields... the multiplayer just makes you feel so useless, lol. You are a little peon in the grand scheme of things. You die quickly and respawn quickly. I think that's why I've been sticking to CS-GO of all possible games out there, lol.

Oh well, if anything, I would probably buy it for it's single player.

Primarily playing: Witcher 3 again (2nd playthrough), MK11, Dead Cells, Turok 2, RE2

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo