Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Anthem Videos

Here's a video of BioWare discussing gameplay in Anthem, giving an outline of the history of the game world in the co-op mech game. This includes artwork and actual gameplay footage along with the discussion of the new lore they are creating. Word is: "Anthem takes the stage at EA Play as host Andrea Rene welcomes BioWare General Manager Casey Hudson, Executive Producer Mark Darrah, and Lead Writer Cathleen Rootsaert to show off the new trailer and a look at some of the combat gameplay." Also, IGN offers this video showing off about four minutes of open-world exploration and gameplay.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Anthem Videos Jun 11, 2018, 09:27 Verno

I want to like this but it looks really fucking boring. The same bullet sponge, "team based" shooter. They are chasing the Destiny of 4 years ago.  
Playing: Pillars of Eternity 2, Far Cry 5, Persona 5
Watching: Safe, Game Night, Last Flag Flying
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 11, 2018, 04:32 Mordecai Walfish

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 02:20:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 02:07:
... and the promise of no lootbox fuckery

No lootbox fuckery at launch. That is the keyword. I can guarantee you that there will be a time when every single dweeb who bought this game (except for the really retarded dweebs who don't even know what's happening to them) will pray that EA/Bio won't alter the deal any further.

But then it'll be too late since you will already be too invested to just let go... then they will spring the trap for some real MTX fuckery.

Not sure why people keep hoping against all hope and reason that this ONE TIME it will really be different. Are y'all really that addicted to pretty graffix, flashy trailers and hype that you're willing to let them fool you again and again and again?

if the game is decent i'll let it stand on it's own merits without any consideration to future dlc, and if they go that route, its a simple choice not to buy into it. you're talking as if i'm going to pre-order or something.. get a grip man!!!!11!1

"What do I want? I don't really know. Most of the time I ignore my quest and walk into the homes of others, riffling through people's shelves... oooh, like those over there!"

19. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 11, 2018, 02:20 CJ_Parker

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 02:07:
... and the promise of no lootbox fuckery

No lootbox fuckery at launch. That is the keyword. I can guarantee you that there will be a time when every single dweeb who bought this game (except for the really retarded dweebs who don't even know what's happening to them) will pray that EA/Bio won't alter the deal any further.

But then it'll be too late since you will already be too invested to just let go... then they will spring the trap for some real MTX fuckery.

Not sure why people keep hoping against all hope and reason that this ONE TIME it will really be different. Are y'all really that addicted to pretty graffix, flashy trailers and hype that you're willing to let them fool you again and again and again?

18. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 11, 2018, 02:07 Mordecai Walfish

I'll take a fast-paced mecha-shooter with graphics like that and the promise of no lootbox fuckery. if the controls and story are good this it looks like it could be pretty awesome, honestly. sucks there will probably never be any modability to tear through it as evangelion units or gundam/macross fighters online-only sucks balls.  

"What do I want? I don't really know. Most of the time I ignore my quest and walk into the homes of others, riffling through people's shelves... oooh, like those over there!"

17. Re: Anthem Videos Jun 11, 2018, 00:59 Red886

Darks wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 20:10:
Cutter wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 19:18:
"Anthem is all about teamwork."

Forced MP? No sale. Looks like nothing but grind anyway.

Did you even watch the video Cutter? They clearly stated that yes, this is a Coop game ,but you can still play it Solo. Gezz dude, watch the fucking videos before saying shit.

like Destiny =(
Bioware, we sure missed you. Not this walking breathing imposter...

16. Re: Anthem Videos Jun 10, 2018, 23:09 Jivaro

Holy fuck do some of us sound like grumpy old men.

All that is missing is a "get off my lawn!"

15. Re: Anthem Videos Jun 10, 2018, 22:13 Cutter

Did you even watch the video Cutter? They clearly stated that yes, this is a Coop game ,but you can still play it Solo. Gezz dude, watch the fucking videos before saying shit.

That's from the fucking video. Wtf do you think it's in quotes? So why don't you actually try watching FFS! Jackass!

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

14. Re: Anthem Videos Jun 10, 2018, 21:11 jacobvandy

They were saying that playing alone is going to be more challenging, so I'm guessing it's made for co-op but supports loners. What I'm still wondering is whether it's just you or your group out there in the world (Division), or if they'll have a bunch of others roaming around, too (Destiny).  

13. Re: Anthem Videos Jun 10, 2018, 21:00 eRe4s3r

The problem is that what they say and show in the video is unclear as hell. Is it like Monster Hunter, where I can put down beacons to invite other players into a hunt but have AI buddies otherwise (which I find acceptable). Or is it going to be The Division or Destiny 2, an unplayable shitshow in SP where it's basically enforced MP. Or is it going to be like Warframe where I can rando queue and have fun. Or is going to be like GTA Online (A way of MP game I find abhorrently horrific)

I think the real problem Anthem has is that still nobody has any clue where on this range it falls. I really wish I did though, because that would finally decide whether I care for it or not.

And then there is still the problem that this is EA, and EA is EA, EA won't get my money unless the game is substantially good. And that remains to be seen too

Also there is this
https://gamerant.com/anthem-npc-squadmates/

And with that Anthem is from my care list

Some parts of Anthem, including the Stronghold raid missions, will require four player

So it's like The Division. SP is not a possible route to complete the game or use many of it's combat features.

This comment was edited on Jun 10, 2018, 21:15.

12. Re: Anthem Videos Jun 10, 2018, 20:10 Darks

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

11. Re: Anthem Videos Jun 10, 2018, 19:18 Cutter

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

10. Re: Anthem Videos Jun 10, 2018, 18:09 eRe4s3r

DangerDog wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 15:57:
Dragon Age with jetpacks and ironman suits.

Mass Effect Andromeda flashbacks.. argh

9. Re: Anthem Videos Jun 10, 2018, 17:34 HorrorScope

MattyB wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 15:04:
Indeed. Destiny 2 has so far cost £40 + £35 and another £50 for the new expansion. £125? There's not a huge amount of content there either for the first £75, certainly not in relation to the price IMO.

Until I know better I'm going with they will be planning on selling you a couple expansions a year. Maybe not, have they been clear on this? Access Premier might be quite the deal if you like some of their games.

8. Re: Anthem Videos Jun 10, 2018, 15:57 DangerDog

Dragon Age with jetpacks and ironman suits.

7. Re: Anthem Videos Jun 10, 2018, 15:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hopefully this game turns out well, the coop group is in dire need of a new game, relatively soon.

I suppose it's a sign of our age that more and more of what used to be my FPS group is now becoming purely in the coop group category, reflexes are slowing down all around.

6. Re: Anthem Videos Jun 10, 2018, 15:04 MattyB

Fion wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 14:30:
Knowing there are no loot boxes, no RNG, no 'buying power' but only the option to buy cosmetics strait up. My interest in this game has gone from a 2 to a 5. The idea of an evolving story that actually reshapes the land is pretty cool. Though this is EA so not a doubt in my mind those 'new, evolving stories' introduced over time will cost $$.

Indeed. Destiny 2 has so far cost £40 + £35 and another £50 for the new expansion. £125? There's not a huge amount of content there either for the first £75, certainly not in relation to the price IMO.

5. Re: Anthem Videos Jun 10, 2018, 14:30 Fion

Knowing there are no loot boxes, no RNG, no 'buying power' but only the option to buy cosmetics strait up. My interest in this game has gone from a 2 to a 5. The idea of an evolving story that actually reshapes the land is pretty cool. Though this is EA so not a doubt in my mind those 'new, evolving stories' introduced over time will cost $$.  

4. Re: Anthem Videos Jun 10, 2018, 14:09 Darks

Love the look at feel of the game, and the best comment of the day was Bioware confirming that there would not be loot boxes. The only thing there will be is cosmetic items that you know what you are buying. Thats kewl by me. Thanks Bioware!!

I also like the fact, that the game is being designed around new content that can be added over months at a time. New missions and story. that was kewl too.

I also think that Destiny will be dead after this game releases if its done right and the world is massive.

I also was curious about the pre-order so I did some checking. Im concerned about one thing, Bioware or EA id trying to charge tax on the game when you buy it. Thats a big time no, no. especially here in CA you cant charge tax on software bought on line.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

3. Re: Anthem Videos Jun 10, 2018, 13:34 HorrorScope

Prez wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 13:28:
Cool trailer but I doubt it will do much to silence the critics saying this is going to be Destiny 2.5. Still hoping this is good and EA somehow can avoid EA-ing it up.

At this time for what we have seen it is exactly Destiny 2.0, not saying it won't be different and not to say that formula can't be great and a lot of fun, it can and I love the overall genres ideas. They just better have the content and variety to make it fun and lasting. If it comes out with equal limits and content, well shit they have to know better right now, no? I have to assume they are a little nervous since D2 didn't tear it up like they hoped, that they are making a game on the assumption Destiny was going to be a smash hit, they'd trying to improve on that a bit and profit. They have to improve on it greatly imo. D2 was the game that almost was and the shit thing is if it ever turns out good, it's going to cost me too much to find out in DLC costs.

It is sort of like Bioware is a bit late in what they offer. DA:I which I did like, from what I heard it started as a MMO, but then the scene died for new entries so they reworked it back to a SP game, but within that they kept some generic MMO traits within the SP release because of what they already had done. Too late to the MMO party, sloppy entry into the SP fray, people bitch. Now we have Anthem, which is to jump into the Destiny and friends genre, which hasn't been all what the publishers expected outside of Warframe. But once again they are far down the development path. They are in a slump, can't get a timely hit.

2. Re: Anthem Videos Jun 10, 2018, 13:28 Prez

Cool trailer but I doubt it will do much to silence the critics saying this is going to be Destiny 2.5. Still hoping this is good and EA somehow can avoid EA-ing it up.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo