Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Well there's more E3 to be had before E3, as Bethesda plans a press conference tonight at 9:30 pm EDT, so we can probably expect details on Fallout 76 and Rage 2. Meanwhile we'll try not to rage too much at the fallout from this being scheduled during Westworld. We'll be able to watch on Twitch or YouTube when the time comes.

R.I.P.: Eunice Gayson Dies- The First “Bond Girl” Was 90. Thanks Neutronbeam.

Link Fallout: Thanks Ant.
Play: Cut The Rope.
Media: Power-Up Mix-Up 5.
Rambo Fan. I loled.
Discord in the Eighties.
The Funnies: Brevity.
Wally's Stealth Drone - Dilbert.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 11, 2018, 12:36 Creston

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 04:03:
Creston wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 23:18:
And it has the Mad Max boomerang in it!

The Wingstick was a trademark weapon of the main character in the first RAGE. Wicked head-choppin' fun.

Ah. I couldn't remember if it had been in the first Rage or not. Shows just how memorable that game was...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 11, 2018, 04:03 Mordecai Walfish

Creston wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 23:18:
And it has the Mad Max boomerang in it!

The Wingstick was a trademark weapon of the main character in the first RAGE. Wicked head-choppin' fun.

"What do I want? I don't really know. Most of the time I ignore my quest and walk into the homes of others, riffling through people's shelves... oooh, like those over there!"

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2018, 23:35 Creston

THEY ANNOUNCED ELDER SCROLLS VI! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!

*hops up and down in glee*

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2018, 23:18 Creston

Okay, is it weird that I thought the Rage 2 trailer might have been the best of all of them? That looks seriously fun. And it has the Mad Max boomerang in it!

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2018, 23:08 Creston

btw, about Cyberpunk.

Magnify this picture here

It's got some messages from the devs in that still shot.

Few important ones:

3) Free DLC/Expansions
Expect nothing less

4) Microtransactions?
In a single player RPG? Are you nuts?

SINGLE PLAYER RPG

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2018, 23:05 Creston

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 23:04:
They said they will have dedicated servers running for it, but as we've seen with some other games in the past, that doesn't necessarily mean you'll be able to have your own. Hopefully they talk more about that soon.

Oh, that's a good point. I didn't think about that...

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2018, 23:04 jacobvandy

They said they will have dedicated servers running for it, but as we've seen with some other games in the past, that doesn't necessarily mean you'll be able to have your own. Hopefully they talk more about that soon.  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2018, 23:01 Creston

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 23:00:
So, Fallout 76 IS an ARK/Rust/Etc sandbox survival game, with dozens of players (not hundreds or thousands). They showed a lot of stuff, including possibility for PVP, but I really want to know whether they'll let you host your own server and/or play offline. My own interest will wane a bit, and I know many others will be turned off completely, if you can't do that or at the very least be able to select a PVE-only server.

I just edited my post. It will have dedicated servers, so I'd imagine you can host your own server and essentially play "offline" in that you just let nobody else join. On the flipside, a Blues server with no fucking griefers or cockroaches on it should be pretty cool.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2018, 23:00 jacobvandy

So, Fallout 76 IS an ARK/Rust/Etc sandbox survival game, with dozens of players (not hundreds or thousands). They showed a lot of stuff, including possibility for PVP, but I really want to know whether they'll let you host your own server and/or play offline. My own interest will wane a bit, and I know many others will be turned off completely, if you can't do that or at the very least be able to select a PVE-only server. You can play by yourself and do quests/story stuff, but how enjoyable is that really going to be with other random fucks ganking you at every turn, up to and including being able to NUKE YOUR BASE?  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2018, 22:48 Creston

Prey New Game + now available. FUUUUUCCCKKKK I just restarted like four days ago! Cry Cry Cry

And then the Mooncrash DLC. Sigh. Another one of these "HURRY HURRY HURRY HURRY" gameplay pieces. Because, you know, Prey was ALL about hurrying through every level and not exploring anything. Also, let's be honest, the combat in Prey is... just not very good. So what do they make? A time-limited, very difficult, non-stop combat DLC. Jesus, let me get my wallet!

For fuck's sake, Arkane.

(I guess the terrible sales of Death of the Outsider kind of forced their hand to try something different, but damn, then make this type of DLC for Dishonored, where the combat is at least decent! Combat in Prey SUUUCCKKS!)

Bah. I really wanted more story. I was hoping this was an extension to the game's end.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2018, 22:45 Creston

Dying Light 2 looked excellent, but I'm a little worried about that choices thing. First off, there's no way that each of these "hundreds" of choices is going to alter things differently from each other, as the entire matrix of possibilities would become impossible to manage.

So it seems more as if it's 3 factions, and your city will be one of 3. And from the trailer, most of that just seems to be different color banners on rooftops... I'm a little worried they're leaning so heavily on that.

Fallout76 looked cool. PLEASE let it be single player playable. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. (Edit: It's MP Only, but it's got dedicated servers, so if nothing else I guess you can just start your own server and let nobody connect to it. I'm cautiously optimistic. Out November 14th.)

Also, heh, Todd Howard comes on stage, people lose their shit, big applause. 3 Bioware guys come on stage, and it's just "Clap... clap" Oh Bioware, how far you have fallen.

This comment was edited on Jun 10, 2018, 23:00.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2018, 22:31 Creston

CYBERPUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNKKKKK

Cinematic trailer only, Booo!!! But fuck me if it doesn't look GREAT.

Edit :Cutter already beat me to it.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2018, 22:01 Frijoles

Looks like a lot of good sequels (prequels) coming. I still want to see a Half-Life 3, but so many other devs have games now that feel very Half-Life, I feel like it's not as needed. Metro certainly, and to some extent Dying Light, give me a Half-Life feel. Makes me believe Valve can't really compete on that front anymore.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2018, 21:30 RedEye9

There is a "hidden" blog post in the cyberpunk trailer

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report
"Nullity's Law"
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2018, 20:08 Cutter

Dying Light 2 - E3 2018 Gameplay World Premiere

Narrated by Chris Avellone himself. Holy shitballs! It looks effing amazing! Yeah, pretty much a day one buy on this I think. Didn't even know this was in the pipe - 5x5. Thanks for the heads-up Mr. Vandy.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2018, 19:54 Cutter

Fallout 76 Full Reveal | Microsoft Xbox E3 2018 Press Conference

Yeah. Highlights: Takes place in West Virginy. Is 4 times the size of F04. Is a prequel to all the other games and you play as one of the very first vault dwellers to emerge. Scant on other deets. Sounds like it's Fallout as more of a survival game now and it'll be/have online. Pre-order June 15 but release date hasn't been released - maybe tonight. Speculation is a fall release.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2018, 19:39 Cutter

Cyberpunk 2077 – official E3 2018 trailer

I like the visual style - even though it's a cinematic trailer. I was expecting something darker and more dystopian, e.g. Bladerunner, however. Don't care for the guy who did the VO or the dialogue. It sounds cheese. That needs to be darker and grittier too, e.g. Judge Dredd.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2018, 19:23 Cutter

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 17:47:
From the debut at the Xbox show, seems like FO76 may be more of the same, thank god. Four times more (bigger) than FO4, Todd said specifically. I guess they could announce some kind of multiplayer tonight, but that's definitely not all there is to it.

Otherwise, Dying Light 2 topped it for me. I had no idea they signed up Chris Avellone to help with the story, and they explicitly showed how big of an impact choices you make will have on the world...

Gotta give them props for the surprise at the end, though! No date provided whatsoever, but CYBERPUNK is looking pretty sweet.

Where did you see all this?!

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2018, 17:47 jacobvandy

From the debut at the Xbox show, seems like FO76 may be more of the same, thank god. Four times more (bigger) than FO4, Todd said specifically. I guess they could announce some kind of multiplayer tonight, but that's definitely not all there is to it.

Otherwise, Dying Light 2 topped it for me. I had no idea they signed up Chris Avellone to help with the story, and they explicitly showed how big of an impact choices you make will have on the world...

Gotta give them props for the surprise at the end, though! No date provided whatsoever, but CYBERPUNK is looking pretty sweet.

This comment was edited on Jun 10, 2018, 19:00.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2018, 17:27 RedEye9

Metro Exodus - E3 2018 Gameplay Trailer [UK]

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report
"Nullity's Law"
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo