Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Anthem Trailer and Details

Here's the Anthem Official Cinematic Trailer for BioWare's upcoming co-op action game, saying to expect its release on February 22, 2019. Word is: "On a world left unfinished by the gods, humanity struggles to survive in a savage environment. Equipped with incredible Javelin exosuits, a faction known as the Freelancers seeks to tip the balance in mankind’s favor." Casey Hudson and the development team appeared on stage to introduce this project. Among the topics discussed is their desire to create a living world that's not an MMOG, how they will tell stories in a shared world, how there will be no loot boxes, how the teaming up will work, and more. They also showed off a gameplay trailer, but that does not seem to be online yet.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Anthem Trailer and Details Jun 10, 2018, 20:25 Flatline

DangerDog wrote on Jun 9, 2018, 16:41:
Destiny clone

meh

So was I the only person who watched that and for a long time was like "Oh yay let's go blow up some tribal level people in Wicker armor with our fucking power armor"? I mean sure there's a giant in the last 5 seconds of the trailer but a lot of it strikes me as kind of... colonial.

I mean, I get that humanity is on the ropes and shit but... yeah. Nice Vietnam vibe there.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Anthem Trailer and Details Jun 10, 2018, 14:02 Creston

Slick wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 05:09:
I just hope that there's PvP. Without emergent PvP these worlds get stale quickly.

I think they said there was no PvP, but I'm not completely sure on that.

17. Re: Anthem Trailer and Details Jun 10, 2018, 08:24 El Pit

It does sound interesting and can actually played solo, so if the gameplay is right I may bite.  
They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

16. Re: Anthem Trailer and Details Jun 10, 2018, 07:05 Nate

Its an in-engine trailer, at least give them some credit.

The disappointing thing is that its not an MMO or anything close to that. Its 4 player instanced with hot-join built in. That has limited interest for me.

15. Re: Anthem Trailer and Details Jun 10, 2018, 05:09 Slick

Creston wrote on Jun 9, 2018, 21:55:
Will say this: From the gameplay trailer it looks as if your iron man suit has unlimited thrust / fuel, so if you want to just boost straight into the sky for minutes on end, it looks like you can do that.

That's cool. I figured this would be another one of those bullshit 'jetpacks' that you can fire for five seconds and then you're out of fucking fuel.

The flipside of this ability is that it lets you escape any combat you want at any time unless you're in a cave, so how they are going to balance that is going to be a bit tricky. Unless you can only do the infinite boost when you're not IN combat, which would make little sense.

Edit : Release date - February 22nd, 2019.

I dig the verticality in the gameplay they showed. We'll see.

Edit 2 : I like this trailer for it much better than the original.

I never saw that remixed trailer before, pretty funny. And definitely the mindset of gamers in the pre-lootboxgate mindset.

You're not going to get rid of random drops in RPG-type games, it's so embedded in the genre, although paying to have better RNG is ridiculous (something which almost every MMO gets away with).

Speaking of genre, this game still just reminds me of a clunkier FireFall, but it'll actually be a complete product and not mired in development circle-jerk head-spinning for 5 years. But really just watching it makes me want to go back to the colourful world of FireFall I hope this will be a worthy surrogate. Jetpacks, vertical gameplay, co-op, open-world bla bla bla it ticks all the right boxes. I just hope that there's PvP. Without emergent PvP these worlds get stale quickly. The Division woulndn't have been anywhere near as good as it was without the dark zone, a well thought-out PvP area, and from the looks of it this game isn't really focusing on that. I tired of Boarderlands a long time ago.. I just get so bored of shooting AI, it's the same patterns I've seen for decades...

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

14. Re: Anthem Trailer and Details Jun 9, 2018, 23:58 Asmodai

Love the remix of that song though... =)  

13. Re: Anthem Trailer and Details Jun 9, 2018, 23:51 Alamar

Looking good... I enjoyed Destiny 1 and 2, though didn't get any DLC, so ultimately just stopped playing... Hoping it feels as good as Destiny but with some better systems (Progression, Coop, etc).  

12. Re: Anthem Trailer and Details Jun 9, 2018, 23:51 ItBurn

Looks extremely generic and I fail to understand why I should be excited. Also, they release almost no new notable info and I can barely distinguish this trailer from the previous one. Major let down.  

11. Re: Anthem Trailer and Details Jun 9, 2018, 23:10 Jivaro

I don't know what it will end up being, but if you told me it was a cross between Destiny and Titanfall, had unlimited verticality, and took place in an open-world......that sounds like something I would want to play. That second trailer is pretty cool too. EA being involved tempers my enthusiasm and my expectations though.  

10. Re: Anthem Trailer and Details Jun 9, 2018, 21:55 Creston

Will say this: From the gameplay trailer it looks as if your iron man suit has unlimited thrust / fuel, so if you want to just boost straight into the sky for minutes on end, it looks like you can do that.

That's cool. I figured this would be another one of those bullshit 'jetpacks' that you can fire for five seconds and then you're out of fucking fuel.

The flipside of this ability is that it lets you escape any combat you want at any time unless you're in a cave, so how they are going to balance that is going to be a bit tricky. Unless you can only do the infinite boost when you're not IN combat, which would make little sense.

Edit : Release date - February 22nd, 2019.

I dig the verticality in the gameplay they showed. We'll see.

Edit 2 : I like this trailer for it much better than the original.

This comment was edited on Jun 9, 2018, 22:55.

9. Re: Anthem Trailer and Details Jun 9, 2018, 21:47 Creston

3000 manhours was probably spent on this trailer, and all I think when watching it is "meh."

It's pretty hilarious when Bioware's on-stage part starts with a woman going "HOW COOL WAS THAT TRAILER????!!" and literally like three people go "... woo..."

They should start thinking about renaming it "Swan Song", or "Death March".

8. Re: Anthem Trailer and Details Jun 9, 2018, 21:27 HorrorScope

DangerDog wrote on Jun 9, 2018, 16:41:
Destiny clone

meh

It will be in that vain. I hope they have a lot more content to play in coop. Otherwise they really wasted a lot of time and money.

This comment was edited on Jun 10, 2018, 03:02.

7. Re: Anthem Trailer and Details Jun 9, 2018, 20:28 Cutter

Hump wrote on Jun 9, 2018, 18:54:
10 years ago I would have been ecstatic over this game. Just now I didnt even bother viewing the entire video.

I used to love shooters. Now it seems thats all devs seem to be able to think up.

I used to love gaming.

Much like indie music vs mainstream pop there will always be good stuff, most of it is just crap for the masses though.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

6. removed Jun 9, 2018, 20:23 Quinn

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 10, 2018, 11:11.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

5. Re: Anthem Trailer and Details Jun 9, 2018, 20:21 Rhett

It just looks so bland. Like a futuristic The Division with no redeeming qualities.. Pretty, but "been there done that" seems pretty accurate.  

4. Re: Anthem Trailer and Details Jun 9, 2018, 18:54 Hump

10 years ago I would have been ecstatic over this game. Just now I didnt even bother viewing the entire video.

I used to love shooters. Now it seems thats all devs seem to be able to think up.

I used to love gaming.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

3. Re: Anthem Trailer and Details Jun 9, 2018, 18:20 Rossafur

*yawwwwwwwwwwwwwn*  

2. Re: Anthem Trailer and Details Jun 9, 2018, 17:21 fawker

I've seen that gameplay trailer before, guess they are treating it like it's new and reposting it on youtube.  

1. Re: Anthem Trailer and Details Jun 9, 2018, 16:41 DangerDog

Destiny clone

meh

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo