Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield V Battle Royale Confirmed

EA rolled out the Battlefield V Official Multiplayer Trailer today at their pre-E3 show. This was a quick drive-by, but they mention a few details about the game in passing, including word on plans for a battle royale mode after rumors of one had been seemingly shot down. As for the video, in spite of being the official multiplayer trailer, it seems to consist entirely of cutscenes. Here's word from the description:

Every battle is unique. Every mode its own challenge. Battlefield V multiplayer provides unmatched intensity and scale in a sandbox of all-out war.

Take on classic modes like Conquest or experiences like Grand Operations, where you'll participate in vast historical battles across multiple maps – and modes – and relive moments of bravery and desperation while fighting your way to the final objective.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Confirmed Jun 10, 2018, 18:29 eRe4s3r

DangerDog wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 14:55:
warmbluelasers wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 11:47:
I've seen all I think I need to see of the gameplay. I'm interested in three answers: Will there be player-run servers? Will there be a server browser? Will there be forced auto-balance? Even after removing the loot box stuff, Battlefront 2 is a crap show without those three things.

1) player-run servers are never coming back.
2) probably, won't know till they release beta through
3) difficult to force auto-balance in a game where you want to play with your buddies in squads. If you're not grouped into a party together then you'll probably be the one selected for team balance.

It would be enough if they autobalanced aggressively every minute, in BF1 auto balance only triggers at the end of a round, which is why nearly every single game in BF1 is a lopsided boring mess, just like BF1 is.

Also I just played it yesterday (already uninstalled it again though) and when I pressed quick play it put me in an EMPTY SERVER. So they didn't even fix the release day bug with matchmaking. Lmao

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Confirmed Jun 10, 2018, 17:13 Sepharo

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 15:53:
What the FUCK!? Tanks will have limited ammo in BFV? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

No more blowing up everything all day long with a tank, without resupplying. Hopefully the resupplying mechanic for vehicles doesn't take all damned day long, aka grenade resupplying in most BF games.

*EDIT* In Grand Operations mode only, apparently. Phew.

It might have also been a squad unlock tank... which I have to imagine aren't meant to be a forever power-up.

21. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Confirmed Jun 10, 2018, 16:02 Prez

DangerDog wrote on Jun 9, 2018, 16:22:
I remember when DICE made innovative game modes like Titan in BF2142 and Rush in Bad Company 2.

Now they're just a #metoo studio

/sad

I am not much of a multiplayer gamer but 2142 was my hands down favorite of all time. What could be cooler than rocketing up to a massive floating airship and destroying it from the inside? It's a travesty that there's never been a follow-up. Screw all this "WW2 is new again!" crap - it really isn't.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

20. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Confirmed Jun 10, 2018, 15:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

What the FUCK!? Tanks will have limited ammo in BFV? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

No more blowing up everything all day long with a tank, without resupplying. Hopefully the resupplying mechanic for vehicles doesn't take all damned day long, aka grenade resupplying in most BF games.

*EDIT* In Grand Operations mode only, apparently. Phew.

19. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Confirmed Jun 10, 2018, 14:55 DangerDog

warmbluelasers wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 11:47:
I've seen all I think I need to see of the gameplay. I'm interested in three answers: Will there be player-run servers? Will there be a server browser? Will there be forced auto-balance? Even after removing the loot box stuff, Battlefront 2 is a crap show without those three things.

1) player-run servers are never coming back.
2) probably, won't know till they release beta through
3) difficult to force auto-balance in a game where you want to play with your buddies in squads. If you're not grouped into a party together then you'll probably be the one selected for team balance.

18. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Confirmed Jun 10, 2018, 14:11 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Jun 9, 2018, 22:32:
Creston wrote on Jun 9, 2018, 22:20:
*dismissive wank*

Only one?

I literally can't be arsed to do more than one.

17. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Confirmed Jun 10, 2018, 11:47 warmbluelasers

16. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Confirmed Jun 10, 2018, 06:31 Muscular Beaver

Looks like BR is the new FFA/DM.  

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

15. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Confirmed Jun 10, 2018, 05:13 Slick

And with their new marketing shift to only release real info through sponsored community members: HERE ARE ALL THE VIDEOS THAT ACTUALLY SHOW SHIT  

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

14. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Confirmed Jun 10, 2018, 00:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

There's another E3 multiplayer BFV video out there, and it clearly shows the player getting experience while building/repairing some structures.

In other words, I will be level 100 the first week, after building non-stop all over every map 10-12 hours a day.

This game looks gorgeous, I hope they don't fuck it up too much.

13. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Confirmed Jun 10, 2018, 00:11 4D-Boxing

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 9, 2018, 18:03:
I hate EA as much as the next guy but to think this wasn't inevitable or to bag on it as if the game was exclusively Battle Royale is a little reaching.

It's one of several modes. Conquest will always be my jam.

Well said. Variations on Battle Royal have been around for a while just like ctf, tdm,dm etc. UT99 had last man standing. Anyways, they can add whatever game mods they want as long as they don't subtract core ones.

12. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Confirmed Jun 9, 2018, 22:40 jdreyer

Grand Operations mode looks cool.  

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

11. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Confirmed Jun 9, 2018, 22:32 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Jun 9, 2018, 22:20:
*dismissive wank*

Only one?

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

10. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Confirmed Jun 9, 2018, 22:20 Creston

*dismissive wank*

9. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Confirmed Jun 9, 2018, 20:13 Hoop

Winner gets a kiss from Hitler. (no tongue)  

Um .. Behind you...

8. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Confirmed Jun 9, 2018, 18:25 Task

Pleeeease have joystick support Day 1 so I can fly that 109.  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

7. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Confirmed Jun 9, 2018, 18:09 Osc8r

Hell yeah. Scoreboard shooters are so 80's, about time they did something different.  

6. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Confirmed Jun 9, 2018, 18:03 Wallshadows

I hate EA as much as the next guy but to think this wasn't inevitable or to bag on it as if the game was exclusively Battle Royale is a little reaching.

It's one of several modes. Conquest will always be my jam.

5. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Confirmed Jun 9, 2018, 17:53 eRe4s3r

This is EA as it lives and breathes, bravo!

I can't wait till Slick drops here to tell us how Battlefield is TOTALLY NOT TRYING TO BE LIKE FORTNIGHT

I guess this gives the #metoo hashtag a whole new meaning

4. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Confirmed Jun 9, 2018, 17:23 Kxmode

DangerDog wrote on Jun 9, 2018, 16:22:
I remember when DICE made innovative game modes like Titan in BF2142 and Rush in Bad Company 2.

Now they're just a #metoo studio

/sad

It's not them. It's EA. EA is the #MeToo publisher, and they want some of that sweet, sweet Battle Royale pie.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo