Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

So E3 officially gets underway Monday, but obviously some news and trailers have already trickled out. Things will start to get even more real today, as EA has a press conference this afternoon, and will surely be making a few announcements. Hopefully you're all stocked up on liquor to play the E3 drinking game.

Drunken Links: Thanks Ant.
Play: Multigun Arena Shooter.
Science: The risk of 'contagion' after suicides is real.
University offers $3,500 to get sick and stay in "Hotel Influenza."
Media: First Man - Official Trailer (HD).
That Dude Can Roll, Man. But not on Shabbos!
Now THIS is a Nerf Blaster.
Farfetched.
Follow-up: Anthony Bourdain, CNN host and celebrity chef, hanged himself with bathrobe belt.

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2018, 16:40 RedEye9

NKD wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 00:48:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 9, 2018, 23:23:
Not going to watch the First Man trailer cuz it might give away what happens.

Everyone KNOWS we didn't actually land a guy on the moon, so it's all fictional anyway! Unless its a biopic of Stanley Kubrick making the fake moon landing.

/conspiratard OFF
https://pics.me.me/we-all-know-the-moon-landing-was-staged-it-was-20867209.png

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report
"Nullity's Law"
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2018, 15:31 jdreyer

Jivaro wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 10:38:
It doesn't work that way Duke. None of this works that way. You should be relieved to hear that, as that means the world is that much safer, but I bet instead your gut reaction is to scrape the bottom of the conspiracy/half truth barrel to support you conclusion.

It's like people want things to be shit. They would rather cling on to the most completely bogus bullshit and be "right" in their own minds then find out they were wrong but the upside is that none of that terrible shit is actually true. If that isn't some sort of psychological issue I am not sure what is.

I agree with Duke that super bugs and super weeds are a big problem with catastrophic potential. However, I don't think vaccines are in the same category, nor do I think railing against science as the cause is productive.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2018, 15:26 jdreyer

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 9, 2018, 23:29:
And I bet you were disappointed when you watched Titanic and the ship sank...

Wait, what? I haven't seen that movie yet, and you just spoiled it!

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2018, 12:51 Beamer

As I said last time, this is the level of scientific understanding I'd expect from the real Duke nukem  
-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2018, 11:16 afka Rossini

jdreyer wrote on Jun 9, 2018, 22:51:
DukeFNukem wrote on Jun 9, 2018, 21:42:
afka Rossini wrote on Jun 9, 2018, 18:15:
DukeFNukem wrote on Jun 9, 2018, 17:12:
Oh yeah! This is really good news for Mr. Tact and NKD.

"Hotel Influenza" would be like "FREE" money for both of them. Cuz that shit is all based on science. And we all know how dope science is, right? They've had 63 years now to perfect these "flu" vaccines. It's gotta be nearing perfection now. And since they both have a "very basic understanding" of how these things work, what could go wrong, say, 5, 10, or 15 years down the road? Nothing. I'd actually be very disappointed if they don't take full advantage of this opportunity.

If vaccines lead us to the same pots of gold that we found at the end of the anti-biotics and pesticides era's, it's not going to end well. But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it, right. Why worry about it today?
I am beyond baffled by this type of thinking.

What part baffles you? Antibiotic resistance in humans? Super weed resistance in pesticides? Incubation period of CJD being as long as 11-12 years before you even have a clue that you have the disease from eating contaminated meat or getting it through a needle somewhere along life's long journey? Please, explain what part baffles you exactly.

Here I'll help your mind become unbaffled by providing you your first link into understanding just a bit about where antibiotics and pesticides have taken us.

Super Weeds

Prepare thine self to be unbaffled, oh baffled one. Click with courage and educate thy self.

Then you should attack the way we use antibiotics and pesticides, not the chemicals themselves. Improper usage of these things is what cause superbugs and superweeds.

BTW Duke, if you eat meat, you're contributing to the problem of both superbugs and superweeds. Just sayin'

What jdreyer said and this...

I'm very glad that, for generations now, no-one in my family has gotten polio, the measles, etc. because we get our shots. I'm glad that I don't have to get the flu every year like I used to. And I'm also glad that I'm not going to spread any of those things to others. So when I say I'm baffled, I truly do not understand why anyone would risk not only themselves and their children but society as a whole by not getting vaccinated. And by not supporting efforts to improve them.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2018, 10:38 Jivaro

It doesn't work that way Duke. None of this works that way. You should be relieved to hear that, as that means the world is that much safer, but I bet instead your gut reaction is to scrape the bottom of the conspiracy/half truth barrel to support you conclusion.

It's like people want things to be shit. They would rather cling on to the most completely bogus bullshit and be "right" in their own minds then find out they were wrong but the upside is that none of that terrible shit is actually true. If that isn't some sort of psychological issue I am not sure what is.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2018, 00:48 NKD

Everyone KNOWS we didn't actually land a guy on the moon, so it's all fictional anyway! Unless its a biopic of Stanley Kubrick making the fake moon landing.

/conspiratard OFF

Doors and corners, kid. Doors and corners.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2018, 23:29 Mr. Tact

And I bet you were disappointed when you watched Titanic and the ship sank...

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2018, 23:23 jdreyer

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2018, 22:51 jdreyer

DukeFNukem wrote on Jun 9, 2018, 21:42:

"Hotel Influenza" would be like "FREE" money for both of them. Cuz that shit is all based on science. And we all know how dope science is, right? They've had 63 years now to perfect these "flu" vaccines. It's gotta be nearing perfection now. And since they both have a "very basic understanding" of how these things work, what could go wrong, say, 5, 10, or 15 years down the road? Nothing. I'd actually be very disappointed if they don't take full advantage of this opportunity.

If vaccines lead us to the same pots of gold that we found at the end of the anti-biotics and pesticides era's, it's not going to end well. But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it, right. Why worry about it today?

What part baffles you? Antibiotic resistance in humans? Super weed resistance in pesticides? Incubation period of CJD being as long as 11-12 years before you even have a clue that you have the disease from eating contaminated meat or getting it through a needle somewhere along life's long journey? Please, explain what part baffles you exactly.

Here I'll help your mind become unbaffled by providing you your first link into understanding just a bit about where antibiotics and pesticides have taken us.

Super Weeds

Prepare thine self to be unbaffled, oh baffled one. Click with courage and educate thy self.

Then you should attack the way we use antibiotics and pesticides, not the chemicals themselves. Improper usage of these things is what cause superbugs and superweeds.

BTW Duke, if you eat meat, you're contributing to the problem of both superbugs and superweeds. Just sayin'

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2018, 21:42 DukeFNukem

Super Weeds

This comment was edited on Jun 9, 2018, 22:02.

Just because you aren't afraid of something doesn't it mean it can't hurt you...

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2018, 20:03 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Jun 9, 2018, 18:05:
It's even more difficult for celebs like Bourdain and Slade to ask for help for their problems. People think celebs have perfect lives and to admit depression shatters that image.
Celebrities arenít the only ones who struggle to appear perfect ó or who need help

"Nullity's Law"
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2018, 18:52 RedEye9

snp
There were no thought processes involved, that's why it appears baffling.

"Nullity's Law"

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2018, 18:26 VaranDragon

jdreyer wrote on Jun 9, 2018, 18:01:

Yes, vaccines are evil. I wish we could go back to the day when smallpox killed tens of millions a year. Those were the golden times.

Heh, well said

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2018, 18:15 afka Rossini

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2018, 18:05 jdreyer

It's even more difficult for celebs like Bourdain and Slade to ask for help for their problems. People think celebs have perfect lives and to admit depression shatters that image.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2018, 18:01 jdreyer

Yes, vaccines are evil. I wish we could go back to the day when smallpox killed tens of millions a year. Those were the golden times.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2018, 17:12 DukeFNukem

Just because you aren't afraid of something doesn't it mean it can't hurt you...

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2018, 15:30 DangerDog

Battle Royale mode announced for BF V

people booed

Drunk2

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2018, 13:32 Cutter

Walter: So what are you saying? When you get divorced you turn in your library card? You get a new license? You stop being Jewish?

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo