Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Blizzard Reveals "Unannounced Diablo Project"

The Blizzard Careers Website reveal that Blizzard is working on an unannounced Diablo project. They now have job listings for Dungeon Artist, Diablo and Environment Artist, Diablo, and each is listed under the heading of "unannounced project." Both listings talk about working in the Diablo environment, and come right out and say why right up top:
The minions of Hell are growing stronger...

We're working on a new, unannounced Diablo project.
View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

29. Re: Blizzard Reveals Jun 6, 2018, 16:48 EUTHANIZE

Ya, what I'm proposing is more like a polished Kings and Heroes, Hexen, coop Skyim dungeon crawler, etc. Basically a COOP 1st person Diablo with an Overwatch engine.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: Blizzard Reveals Jun 6, 2018, 16:25 Mr. Tact

Well, you can play WoW from the first person perspective, but I wouldn't suggest it..  

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

27. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 6, 2018, 15:45 EUTHANIZE

LiTh wrote on Jun 6, 2018, 10:52:
EUTHANIZE wrote on Jun 6, 2018, 06:55:
There is a serious lack of any sort of polished COOP 1st person dungeon crawler out there

Isnt that just called World of Warcraft?

No, WoW is an MMO and 3rd person.

26. Re: Blizzard Reveals Jun 6, 2018, 14:04 [SC]TherMight

Confirmed I guess. Too bad.

I am not going back to Diablo 3 ever. Was hoping for a new game.

25. Re: Blizzard Reveals Jun 6, 2018, 13:48 HorrorScope

Iím thinking something like a theme for each season in Diablo 3. That would be cool, discuss.  

24. Re: Blizzard Reveals Jun 6, 2018, 13:33 CJ_Parker

Beamer wrote on Jun 6, 2018, 09:53:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 6, 2018, 01:58:
I would not rule out Diablo 4. After they turned Diablo 3 basically into merely a prettier looking Diablo 2 they might as well redo Diablo 2 again plus loot boxes.

How did they do that? It's been ages since I've played either, so I don't really recall any significant differences (other than way more setpieces in 3), and never followed up with changes to 3.

They did that by taking out the RMAH and the big loot patch (2.0 or whatever it was) that came with the expansion or shortly before that.

Nuances aside, Diablo 3 plays like a graphically enhanced Diablo 2. The only minor innovation in gameplay is the partially destructible environment where you can e.g. make chandeliers drop on enemies.
Otherwise it's the same old loot clickfest as ever.

There is definitely nothing in Diablo 3 now that remotely warrants the long break between 2 and 3 and I doubt that only the shitty RMAH added all those years.
Iterating and reiterating my ass... the core of Diablo 3 could have been a sequel that came out two years after Diablo 2 no problem.

23. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 6, 2018, 10:52 LiTh

EUTHANIZE wrote on Jun 6, 2018, 06:55:
There is a serious lack of any sort of polished COOP 1st person dungeon crawler out there

Isnt that just called World of Warcraft?

22. Re: Blizzard Reveals Jun 6, 2018, 09:53 Beamer

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 6, 2018, 01:58:
I would not rule out Diablo 4. After they turned Diablo 3 basically into merely a prettier looking Diablo 2 they might as well redo Diablo 2 again plus loot boxes.

How did they do that? It's been ages since I've played either, so I don't really recall any significant differences (other than way more setpieces in 3), and never followed up with changes to 3.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

21. Re: Blizzard Reveals Jun 6, 2018, 09:39 Muscular Beaver

Rhett wrote on Jun 6, 2018, 09:34:
A lot of stuff in Diablo 3 is now archaic and feels dated... it really needs a new sequel. I know Diablo 2 HD is most likely coming out, wonder if this is that or not.
Didnt they add a Diablo 2 mode in Diablo 3 in one of the last patches?

About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

20. Re: Blizzard Reveals Jun 6, 2018, 09:34 Rhett

A lot of stuff in Diablo 3 is now archaic and feels dated... it really needs a new sequel. I know Diablo 2 HD is most likely coming out, wonder if this is that or not.  

19. Re: Blizzard Reveals Jun 6, 2018, 08:32 aka_STEVE

guessing 1 new character & 1 new area ,... for the low, low price of at least $29.99

18. Re: Blizzard Reveals Jun 6, 2018, 08:30 MT Silver

NicheGamer reports it's a mobile game. Terrible news if true.  

17. Re: Blizzard Reveals Jun 6, 2018, 06:55 EUTHANIZE

Personally I'd love to see Blizzard make a 1st person COOP dungeon crawler, akin to Hellraid or Kings and Heroes.

There is a serious lack of any sort of polished COOP 1st person dungeon crawler out there (including those two above), and I'd love to see Blizzard use what they've learned about the Overwatch engine and RPG's in general to mesh the two.

16. Re: Blizzard Reveals Jun 6, 2018, 02:08 El Pit

Ant wrote on Jun 6, 2018, 02:04:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jun 5, 2018, 22:34:
Diablo open world game.
World of Diablo (WoD).

Wow! Now people would play a monthly fee to take part in the league things in Diablo games? This idea gives many shareholders a stiffy!

"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

15. Re: Blizzard Reveals Jun 6, 2018, 02:04 Ant

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jun 5, 2018, 22:34:
Diablo open world game.
World of Diablo (WoD).

Ant's Quality Foraged Links (http://aqfl.net) & The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx / http://antfarm.home.dhs.org).

14. Re: Blizzard Reveals Jun 6, 2018, 01:58 CJ_Parker

People don't even want anything different. Seems everyone is perfectly happy with Diablo 2 rehashes. The dumber and simpler, the better. Just click, click, click and smoke weed.

So why waste time and risk to miss billion$ in case loot boxes get the gambling ban hammer or some shit like that? Even Blizztard might be able to put the pedal to the medal in such an environment as we have right now and crank out Diablo 4 sooner than expected with a nice GaaS business model... base game for $69.99 and then one expansion after another for $49.99/piece plus new characters for $29.99/dude and loot boxes galore.

13. Re: Blizzard Reveals Jun 6, 2018, 01:50 MattyC

Jivaro wrote on Jun 6, 2018, 01:17:
my bet would be on another expansion, or even just another class and a small amount of content. Way too soon for D4 by Blizzard's time standards.

I don't think another class / mini content patch would bring me back. Not until it was on a pretty decent sale anyway. A new expansion I could see myself going for though.

"I'm Troy McClure, and I'll leave you with what we all came here to see: Hardcore nudity!"

12. Re: Blizzard Reveals Jun 6, 2018, 01:23 El Pit

A new class with new spells and new hats - $9.99

No new gameplay - too much work would have to be done for this.

ActiBlizz going the Valve way...

"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

11. Re: Blizzard Reveals Jun 6, 2018, 01:17 Jivaro

my bet would be on another expansion, or even just another class and a small amount of content. Way too soon for D4 by Blizzard's time standards.  

10. Re: Blizzard Reveals Jun 6, 2018, 00:13 jdreyer

Cram wrote on Jun 5, 2018, 23:33:
Also, I look forward to the great Bluesnews Diablo news thread discussions. There were some doozies leading up to Diablo 3's release on this site, and well afterwards too.

We aim to please.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >