Battlefield V Details

A Battlefield V Deep-Dive on the Battlefield Website takes a detailed look at gameplay details in Battlefield V, the upcoming installment in the Battlefield series of military shooters. Here's the introduction explaining the goals of the article:
Battlefield™ V is a vast game. It will have many improvements to the classic formula, as well as new additions and features. Following the reveal of the next chapter in the Battlefield saga, we know you’ve been eager to get a lot of gameplay questions answered.

Let’s jump right in to the core gameplay changes and improvements that are coming in October. Remember, we are still working on the game, and the specifics of many features will evolve over time.

Two Key Elements: Immersion and Squad Play

A lot of ground will be covered in this post, but it will all center around two common denominators of the Battlefield V gameplay philosophy: immersion and squad play.

Now, immersion can mean many things. For Battlefield V, it spans visuals and sounds, your soldier’s movement, combat situations, how you will shape the environment and vice versa, and how players will act and react more naturally than before.

Let’s start with how you, as an infantry soldier deploying into battle, will maneuver through the battlefield.
View : : :
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Battlefield V Details
Jun 5, 2018, 11:50
Re: Battlefield V Details Jun 5, 2018, 11:50
Jun 5, 2018, 11:50

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 5, 2018, 11:39:
VaranDragon wrote on Jun 5, 2018, 04:53:
Will there be a hardcore mode? (You need to use Iron Sights, and Soldiers aren't bullet sponges)

If they implement it in this game, I might even be tempted to buy it. A BF game hasn't tempted me in a very, very looooong time.

BF4 has classic mode and so does Bad Company 2. Sadly the latter has low population and the former barely no one plays classic without also some serious vehicle and weapon restrictions.

BF1 for the record, has effectively the same thing via server settings: period correct weapons only, 200% bullet damage, etc. There are actually a ton of 'hardcore' BF1 servers for whatever reason. Although ironically hardcore is easier, since every gun is almost 1 hit kill, but I digress.

Jun 5, 2018, 11:39
Re: Battlefield V Details Jun 5, 2018, 11:39
Jun 5, 2018, 11:39

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 5, 2018, 04:53:
Will there be a hardcore mode? (You need to use Iron Sights, and Soldiers aren't bullet sponges)

If they implement it in this game, I might even be tempted to buy it. A BF game hasn't tempted me in a very, very looooong time.

BF4 has classic mode and so does Bad Company 2. Sadly the latter has low population and the former barely no one plays classic without also some serious vehicle and weapon restrictions.

Jun 5, 2018, 04:53
Re: Battlefield V Details Jun 5, 2018, 04:53
Jun 5, 2018, 04:53

Jun 4, 2018, 23:31
Re: Battlefield V Details Jun 4, 2018, 23:31
Jun 4, 2018, 23:31

Sounds very ambitious.
I hope they can pull it off without a whole new batch of awful bugs.
I'm not saying the product needs to be perfect, but I'd hate to see new annoying and persistent bugs because of their new cool ideas.

As far as the no more random bullets... I think you guys talking about a moving crosshair or laser accuracy are exaggerating the concept a bit. In my opinion the distinction they're making is between hardcoded recoil patterns (which some shooters have) and randomized recoil patterns. You're still going to end up with a mess of a spray, but that spray will be predictable and form the same pattern each time.

edit:
was thinking about it some more and when searching found this thread of siege dudes who hate it
https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/716jh8/static_recoil_patterns_do_not_belong_in_siege/

and this cs map that shows you the static recoil pattern and helps you train against it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5WyYWI7-jQ

I could be wrong about BFV though, maybe they do have something else planned, but I figured this was it.

This comment was edited on Jun 5, 2018, 01:42.

Jun 4, 2018, 22:28
Re: Battlefield V Details Jun 4, 2018, 22:28
Jun 4, 2018, 22:28

Slick wrote on Jun 4, 2018, 20:29:
I've been thinking about this since the trailer. If you watch the trailer right after the player goes into FPS mode and picks up the MG42, he slides on the ground and empties the clip. If you notice the screen isn't jumping around at all, but the gun is definitely shaking. There's no HUD so we don't know if the crosshair will be jumping around (I assume it will), but I think that it's clear that what's happening on screen is indicative of how it will look in the final product. Screen looks like it's on a gimbal, perfect.

The more I view that whole video, the crazier it all seems. The first time I watched it, I was convined it was 90-100% CGI cut scene and/or pre-rendered/scripted sequences. Now I think they just had employees playing out the characters(most likely to a loose script), but it was (mostly?) captured 'live' inside the engine. The technology jump in our lifetime for games is mind boggling.

If the structure building is at all cool and complex though, I'm going to be multiple weeks behind the majority of players in terms of unlocks. I'm going to be building semi-random shit all over the map, every game.

It's hard not to be a little hyped up for this one.

*EDIT* Grammar.

Jun 4, 2018, 20:29
Slick

Re: Battlefield V Details Jun 4, 2018, 20:29
Jun 4, 2018, 20:29
 Slick

I've been thinking about this since the trailer. If you watch the trailer right after the player goes into FPS mode and picks up the MG42, he slides on the ground and empties the clip. If you notice the screen isn't jumping around at all, but the gun is definitely shaking. There's no HUD so we don't know if the crosshair will be jumping around (I assume it will), but I think that it's clear that what's happening on screen is indicative of how it will look in the final product. Screen looks like it's on a gimbal, perfect.
For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

Jun 4, 2018, 17:05
Re: Battlefield V Details Jun 4, 2018, 17:05

Sweet.

I think it's great they're getting rid of random deviation. Learning the recoil will be very useful now and with how ammo will be more limited I think that will be another factor in balancing accuracy out.

Curious to see what they're doing about suppression this time around. Guess we'll see this week.

Certain bullets/weapons through certain walls I like that, more destruction and ways to get at window snipers. Will add value to buildable fortifications as well I assume (no bullet pen).

The netcode has been hugely improved from BF4 up to now with 60hz 64 player servers. I'm sure they're continuing the trend with more optimizations.

Looking forward to seeing it all in action at EA Play/E3 and of course open beta hopefully in August like the ~8 days we had for BF1

Re: Battlefield V Details Jun 4, 2018, 17:05

I read this last week. For once I'm interested in a BF game again, I learned my lesson with pre-ordering since BF3 though - they are always buggy on release. I really hope they at least have joystick support Day 1.

Jun 4, 2018, 16:31
Re: Battlefield V Details Jun 4, 2018, 16:31
Jun 4, 2018, 16:31

ItBurn wrote on Jun 4, 2018, 13:40:
DangerDog wrote on Jun 4, 2018, 13:22:
cheat protection is going to have to be stepped up otherwise most of these improvements will just make the game even more frustrating.

shooting people through walls for example is just screaming for people to abuse that ability.

I wonder if they're planing on scaling back the player count on servers, adding so much more physics to the game is bound to have a negative effect.

R6 Siege has shooting through walls and it's fine. I love it myself.
Right, but R6S has a total of 8 players in a game. BF5 has 64. That's an order of magnitude more stuff to keep track of.
COVID infections: 133M - - - COVID deaths: 3M - - - Death rate: 2%
Vaccines administered: 711M - - - Vaccine deaths: 7 - - - Death rate: 0.00000001%
Your choice is clear.

Jun 4, 2018, 13:40
Re: Battlefield V Details Jun 4, 2018, 13:40
Jun 4, 2018, 13:40

DangerDog wrote on Jun 4, 2018, 13:22:
cheat protection is going to have to be stepped up otherwise most of these improvements will just make the game even more frustrating.

shooting people through walls for example is just screaming for people to abuse that ability.

I wonder if they're planing on scaling back the player count on servers, adding so much more physics to the game is bound to have a negative effect.

R6 Siege has shooting through walls and it's fine. I love it myself.

Jun 4, 2018, 13:39
Re: Battlefield V Details Jun 4, 2018, 13:39
Jun 4, 2018, 13:39

KilgoreTrout wrote on Jun 4, 2018, 12:46:
Although, I'm a little hesitant over their concept of completely removing random deviation for bullets... surely that can't mean that guns will be laser accurate? (With of course recoil, bullet drop and travel time, but still). Are they planning on having recoil make the cross-hairs jump around, but the bullets will still be 100% accurate to that moving cross-hair?

I was also thinking about that. It's a nice idea to have the gun fire where it is pointed, but at the same time that means the first shot is always on perfectly on target if you have the time to aim. My guess is maybe your crosshair/barrel is not still but always moving slightly to simulate breathing/involuntary hand movements. Inaccurate guns may move more, or perhaps zoom in much less in ADS. We'll have to wait and see I guess, but I think it is cool that they experiment a bit and not just copy-paste from earlier iterations.

It's possible that when you shoot, there's recoil and your crosshair/view moves with it, but the shots will always go exactly at the crosshair. It would still be pretty innacurate to go full auto.

All these changes sound great. Not sure about the aiming thing, but I'm sure it'll be fine. These guys know what they're doing.

Jun 4, 2018, 13:22
Re: Battlefield V Details Jun 4, 2018, 13:22
Jun 4, 2018, 13:22

Jun 4, 2018, 12:46
Re: Battlefield V Details Jun 4, 2018, 12:46
Jun 4, 2018, 12:46

Although, I'm a little hesitant over their concept of completely removing random deviation for bullets... surely that can't mean that guns will be laser accurate? (With of course recoil, bullet drop and travel time, but still). Are they planning on having recoil make the cross-hairs jump around, but the bullets will still be 100% accurate to that moving cross-hair?

I was also thinking about that. It's a nice idea to have the gun fire where it is pointed, but at the same time that means the first shot is always on perfectly on target if you have the time to aim. My guess is maybe your crosshair/barrel is not still but always moving slightly to simulate breathing/involuntary hand movements. Inaccurate guns may move more, or perhaps zoom in much less in ADS. We'll have to wait and see I guess, but I think it is cool that they experiment a bit and not just copy-paste from earlier iterations.

Jun 4, 2018, 12:25
Re: Battlefield V Details Jun 4, 2018, 12:25
Jun 4, 2018, 12:25

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jun 4, 2018, 12:02:
As usual (with BF games), I'll have a great time the first month. Then the kids will get their 500 hours in and just destroy me before I can get out of the spawn area.
Maybe, just maybe this year the kids will be busy playing Fortnite/CoD and leave BF alone.
It's just wishful thinking on my end.
Steam: SpectralMeat

Jun 4, 2018, 12:02
Re: Battlefield V Details Jun 4, 2018, 12:02
Jun 4, 2018, 12:02

As usual (with BF games), I'll have a great time the first month. Then the kids will get their 500 hours in and just destroy me before I can get out of the spawn area.

Jun 4, 2018, 11:37
Re: Battlefield V Details Jun 4, 2018, 11:37
Jun 4, 2018, 11:37

The changes sound amazing, and I'm sure the game will look and sound spectacular.

On the one hand, that'd be great from a skill standpoint, on the other hand, that'll be real annoying to have 40+ bipoded LMGs/sniper rifles everywhere every game.

Jun 4, 2018, 10:47
Re: Battlefield V Details Jun 4, 2018, 10:47
Jun 4, 2018, 10:47
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older