Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Fallout 76 Revealed

Bethesda.net reveals that their Fallout tease was to whet everyone's appetites for news on Fallout 76, a new installment in the Fallout series of post-apocalyptic RPGs in the works at Bethesda Game Studios. They promise more on the game at E3 starting on June 10th, and in the meantime offer an Official Teaser Trailer depicting a frightening future when music consists of John Denver covers. The teaser includes a link to this page, which recursively features the teaser. Word is:
Watch the official teaser trailer for Fallout 76 below, and see more during this year’s Bethesda E3 Showcase, happening on June 10 at 6:30pm PT in Los Angeles, CA, or live on Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook or here at Bethesda.net.

View
51 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

51. Re: Fallout 76 Revealed Jun 1, 2018, 05:21 jdreyer

Agent.X7 wrote on May 31, 2018, 15:06:

Although, what's up with Country Road? It's like the in song now. The Kingsman sequel used it, Logan Lucky, Fallout 76, a bunch of commercials. It's like one person in Hollywood takes a shine to an older song and suddenly everyone HAS to use it in their thing. I love the song, it's from my childhood, so whatever. Just weird that it is EVERYWHERE now.

Apparently John Denver's estate got a new manager a few years back who began aggressively promoting his back catalog. Thus it has appeared all over the place in a bunch of movies. Maybe smart to do it all at once before everyone realized you signed it out to six movies simultaneously.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

50. Re: Fallout 76 Revealed Jun 1, 2018, 05:13 jdreyer

Prez wrote on May 31, 2018, 09:43:
I loved Fallout 1 & 2, liked Tactics, loved Fallout 3, adored Fallout New Vegas, liked Fallout 4, and am at least curious about this next project. According to Blues forum logic I'm not a fan of Fallout, videogames, or even pizza, apple pie, or baseball. I might not even be a fan of ninjas, penguins, giant robots, or pancakes!!! Fucking PANCAKES man!

We know what you're a fan of Prez: Pokemon! Gotta catch'em all!

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

49. Re: Fallout 76 Revealed Jun 1, 2018, 04:16 Sepharo

MeanJim wrote on May 31, 2018, 22:34:
I didn't say you couldn't like or be a fan of Fallout 4 and the other Fallouts.
You kinda did
MeanJim wrote:
Fallout 4 fans aren't Fallout fans

48. Re: Fallout 76 Revealed Jun 1, 2018, 01:56 Red886

if only they spent the money on Obsidian instead....so much wasted potential. but obsidian would have some sense of self worth and dignity to not make such a game anyhow  

47. Re: Fallout 76 Revealed May 31, 2018, 22:34 MeanJim

El Pit wrote on May 31, 2018, 08:53:
OH MY GOD! I have played ALL of the Fallout games, but now MeanJim says that I am no Fallout fan - and I mean it is MeanJim, so it has got to be true, right?

I didn't say you couldn't like or be a fan of Fallout 4 and the other Fallouts. Fallout 4 is just hardly an RPG. Fallout 4 could have been released under another name and stood on its own, but slapping the Fallout name on it makes me compare it to other Fallout games.

Fallout 3 despite its shitty, story and linear quests, was at least a half assed attempt at an RPG. One thing I always give Fallout 3 credit for was one of the the things people didn't like about it; the first person shooting. It's a first person perspective RPG, not a first person shooter. When you aim at something and fire, you're telling your character to shoot at what you're aiming at. If your character has a low skill for the weapon you're using, they're not likely going to hit what you're aiming at. Bethesda listened to the complainers and make Fallout 4 into a first person shooter, leaving the aiming skill up to the player and tying the damage into your skill/perk level for the weapon.

Dev wrote on May 31, 2018, 09:43:
Have you played the FO2 restoration project? I have, I love the original fallouts. But I like even the ones that came after too.

I just re-played through Fallout and Fallout 2 last year before firing up New Vegas again. I have not tried the restoration project yet, but it's on my to-do list, either when I finish New Vegas or take a break.

I liked Fallout 3 the first time I played it going into it blind, except the stupid (original, pre DLC) ending. It wasn't until I bought the GOTY and played it a second time, knowing what it's about, that I began to notice how stupid the story is and how linear the main quest and most of the side quests are.

MeanJim on Steam

46. Re: Fallout 76 Revealed May 31, 2018, 19:19 panbient

Agent.X7 wrote on May 31, 2018, 15:06:
Although, what's up with Country Road?

To me that song is the most obvious clue to location unless they've clearly specified it wouldn't be in the mountains of West Virginia. But with all the survival / Rust / ARK hype, it wouldn't surprise me.

That song (or at least the John Denver original) is also one of the trickiest bass lines I've ever had to learn.

45. Re: Fallout 76 Revealed May 31, 2018, 15:06 Agent.X7

I'll play anything Fallout. I guess I'm a victim of corporate conspiracy monitization communism religiosity nonsense, but I have liked everything so far.

Although, what's up with Country Road? It's like the in song now. The Kingsman sequel used it, Logan Lucky, Fallout 76, a bunch of commercials. It's like one person in Hollywood takes a shine to an older song and suddenly everyone HAS to use it in their thing. I love the song, it's from my childhood, so whatever. Just weird that it is EVERYWHERE now.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

44. Re: Fallout 76 Revealed May 31, 2018, 14:41 Kxmode

Greed. Greed never changes.  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

43. Re: Fallout 76 Revealed May 31, 2018, 13:07 Beamer

Nullity wrote on May 31, 2018, 12:59:
Nucas wrote on May 31, 2018, 10:07:
now tell us how grand theft auto was better before 3. lets take this full gatekeeping hipster.
I will. The original top-down GTAs were much more fun than the newer 3rd-person games. I never could really get into the newer games, and I tried. They were fun for racing around like an idiot for a bit, but that's about it, IMO.

Someone gifted me a copy of GTA Online a while back and I tried playing that with some friends. The gameplay wasn't awful, but it would have been more fun if it didn't seem like it was coded by a handful of newborn chimps with broken keyboards. Insanely buggy and the longest netcode related load times I've ever seen (among other things).

All that said, I'm still not going to say that anyone who doesn't agree with me isn't a true GTA fan or real gamers. That's just silly.

I tried going back to GTA2 at some point fairly recently. I honestly can't remember how or when, but it failed for me. Miserably.

So did that Retro City Rampage game. Something about the controls of both no longer feel acceptable to me, personally, and immediately pushed me away.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

42. Re: Fallout 76 Revealed May 31, 2018, 12:59 Nullity

Nucas wrote on May 31, 2018, 10:07:
now tell us how grand theft auto was better before 3. lets take this full gatekeeping hipster.
I will. The original top-down GTAs were much more fun than the newer 3rd-person games. I never could really get into the newer games, and I tried. They were fun for racing around like an idiot for a bit, but that's about it, IMO.

Someone gifted me a copy of GTA Online a while back and I tried playing that with some friends. The gameplay wasn't awful, but it would have been more fun if it didn't seem like it was coded by a handful of newborn chimps with broken keyboards. Insanely buggy and the longest netcode related load times I've ever seen (among other things).

All that said, I'm still not going to say that anyone who doesn't agree with me isn't a true GTA fan or real gamers. That's just silly.

41. Re: Fallout 76 Revealed May 31, 2018, 12:58 Task

In fairness, Fallout 3 & Fallout 4 are pretty bad 'RPGs' and worse at being the Fallout Tim Cain envisioned (I.E. games about exploring ethics, society rebuilding, etc. not "making a better plasma gun") and FO3, FO4, and Vegas unfortunately have existed on a bad game engine for a decade. The franchise has gone the way of "now-gen" simplified and "peggle-ization" that Todd Howard enjoys.  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

40. Re: Fallout 76 Revealed May 31, 2018, 12:21 Steele Johnson

It seems like they're leading up to Fallout 5 backwards:

Fallout 76...5

then after 5, either Fallout 8 will come out or Fallout 109.

39. Re: Fallout 76 Revealed May 31, 2018, 10:41 panbient

Oh man I76...

Never did manage to score a full copy but played the hell out of that 2 map demo back in the day. I still think the endless horn of a car after a pistol shootout takes out the opposing driver confers the most violence I've felt in a video game. No blood splatter, no gore, just a piece of audio and massive impact.

Still haven't tried Fallout 4, thinking I should finally go through New Vegas though.

38. Re: Fallout 76 Revealed May 31, 2018, 10:07 Nucas

VaranDragon wrote on May 31, 2018, 09:28:
Beamer wrote on May 31, 2018, 08:41:

Fallout fans that aren't Fallout 4 fans aren't video game fans, they're fans of living in the past and constantly complaining that life has passed them by.

Fuck you too asshole. Im a huge Fallout fan, but I don't include either 3 or 4 on that list for very good reasons, and not because of any of that shit you wrote in that bullshit post. Not a video game fan. Christ.

F:NV on the other hand was very, very good and I felt recaptured that spirit very well indeed and Im happy to say that I thought it was a very good game indeed.

37. Re: Fallout 76 Revealed May 31, 2018, 10:05 ForgedReality

Burrito of Peace wrote on May 31, 2018, 09:03:
If this is an online, survival type game...then I'll pass on it.

But...GIVE ME A REMASTERED INTERSTATE 76!!!!!

Hell, give me an Interstate 77 as a sequel with a short introductory cutscene to remind me of the events of I76.

I have the original I76 on GOG but, sadly, it runs very poorly on modern hardware.

There already was an I77 as far as I'm concerned. It was the Nitro Pack/Arsenal.

Although, a complete remake using GTA5 I could see being fucking amazing. You could get out of the car (even though you're never supposed to) in I82, and it was clunky and shitty, but it's good in GTA5 and actually useful. Can you imagine being able to add turrets and minelayers in the auto shops?

36. Re: Fallout 76 Revealed May 31, 2018, 09:43 Prez

I loved Fallout 1 & 2, liked Tactics, loved Fallout 3, adored Fallout New Vegas, liked Fallout 4, and am at least curious about this next project. According to Blues forum logic I'm not a fan of Fallout, videogames, or even pizza, apple pie, or baseball. I might not even be a fan of ninjas, penguins, giant robots, or pancakes!!! Fucking PANCAKES man!  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

35. Re: Fallout 76 Revealed May 31, 2018, 09:43 Dev

MeanJim wrote on May 31, 2018, 08:17:
Fallout 4 fans aren't Fallout fans, they're fans of whatever the fuck mixed genre Fallout 4 is.
Yawn. I'm a fan of all the fallouts. Have you played the FO2 restoration project? I have, I love the original fallouts. But I like even the ones that came after too.

34. Re: Fallout 76 Revealed May 31, 2018, 09:40 Beamer

VaranDragon wrote on May 31, 2018, 09:28:
Beamer wrote on May 31, 2018, 08:41:

Fallout fans that aren't Fallout 4 fans aren't video game fans, they're fans of living in the past and constantly complaining that life has passed them by.

Fuck you too asshole. Im a huge Fallout fan, but I don't include either 3 or 4 on that list for very good reasons, and not because of any of that shit you wrote in that bullshit post. Not a video game fan. Christ.

F:NV on the other hand was very, very good and I felt recaptured that spirit very well indeed and Im happy to say that I thought it was a very good game indeed.

I'm turning his gatekeeping back on him to demonstrate how stupid it is, not making an actual judgment. I've never even played Fallout 4, and know nothing about it other than it having a pretty robust character editor and it lets you choose a name some robot calls you.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

33. removed May 31, 2018, 09:28 VaranDragon

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on May 31, 2018, 16:55.

32. Re: Fallout 76 Revealed May 31, 2018, 09:28 VaranDragon

*double post*  

51 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >