Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

SEGA Mega Drive and Genesis Classics Get VR, macOS, and Linux Support

This post announces the release of a free update for SEGA Mega Drive and Genesis Classics on Steam adding multiplayer enhancements, VR support, macOS and Linux support and more to this throwback arcade anthology. Here's a new music video celebrating the news, and here's word:

SEGA is thrilled to announce that we’ve updated the SEGA Mega Drive and Genesis Classics on Steam. This update brings a raft of new features, including online multiplayer, so you can slug your way through Streets of Rage with a friend online.

We’ve also added VR support. You can now immerse yourself in your early 90’s retro-themed bedroom and play on a virtual CRTV or go big with full screen.

The full list of upgrades includes the following:

• Two-player online multiplayer
  • Leaderboards
  • Challenge Modes – short challenges give old favourites a new twist
  • Additional graphics filters & border options
  • ROMs from other regions for games with significant differences
  • Fast-forward and rewind
  • Sprite limit disable
  • Mirror mode – reverse the screen for a fresh challenge
  • VR support
  • Mac and Linux support

This update comes free to current owners of any SEGA Mega Drive and Genesis Classic title on Steam.

View
2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

2. Re: SEGA Mega Drive and Genesis Classics Get VR, macOS, and Linux Support May 30, 2018, 22:29 Dev

Nice, free update! I bought this a while back on a big sale, looks like update applies to me too  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: SEGA Mega Drive and Genesis Classics Get VR, macOS, and Linux Support May 30, 2018, 10:01 Prez

This is pretty cool. I've been getting back into a lot of these classic games in the past several months. Why I still love Toejam and Earl is a mystery, but I can't help it.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo